No announcement yet.

Security officer shot 5 times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"In 2006, Canada's firearm-related homicide rate (0.58) was nearly six times lower than the United States (3.40), but about three times higher than the rate in Australia (0.22) and six times higher than the rate in England and Wales (0.10). Firearms accounted for about one-third (31%) of all homicides in Canada, approximately two-thirds (68%) in the U.S., 16% in Australia and 7% in England and Wales."

This is probably due to the fact that it is much easier to illegally import weapons from the US into Canada than from the US to overseas.
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

hmmmmm....

How DO people in Canada, and the UK kill each other?

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
        "In 2006, Canada's firearm-related homicide rate (0.58) was nearly six times lower than the United States (3.40), but about three times higher than the rate in Australia (0.22) and six times higher than the rate in England and Wales (0.10). Firearms accounted for about one-third (31%) of all homicides in Canada, approximately two-thirds (68%) in the U.S., 16% in Australia and 7% in England and Wales."
        The homicide rate in Canada was way lower than ours long before Canada instituted their massive gun registration/confiscation scheme. There are many more factors to consider than the availability of firearms when it comes to homicide rates.
        You can point to Canada's restrictive gun laws and say they're the reason for your lower homicide rates all you want but I'm not buying it. If Canada instituted concealed carry tomorrow I seriously doubt it would increase their homicide rate.

This is probably due to the fact that it is much easier to illegally import weapons from the US into Canada than from the US to overseas.
        What? Illegal weapons only come from the US?
        "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

Originally posted by Badge714 View Post

You didn't know that all the illegal AK's both semi and full auto that the gang bangers use in LA were made right here in the US?
          Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13

The cleanliness of our hearts, The strength of our limbs, and commitment to our promise.

My military contract is up and over. However, I never needed to affirm that I would defend the constitution, our freedoms, our way of life from enemies both domestic and foreign. Do not think that since I am no longer in the military, I will not pick up a weapon to defend my family, my home or my country. - Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Secret spuk View Post
            hmmmmm....

How DO people in Canada, and the UK kill each other?
            I haven't looked at real figures in a while but I think stabbing is up on the list. Baseball bats are up there too.
            Last edited by HotelSecurity; 03-20-2011, 01:43 AM.

Comment

The homicide rate in Canada was way lower than ours long before Canada instituted their massive gun registration/confiscation scheme. There are many more factors to consider than the availability of firearms when it comes to homicide rates.
              You can point to Canada's restrictive gun laws and say they're the reason for your lower homicide rates all you want but I'm not buying it. If Canada instituted concealed carry tomorrow I seriously doubt it would increase their homicide rate.

The homicide rate was way lower by firearms than in the US way before the gun registration "scheme" was put into law. It only covers long guns. Hand guns have always been restricted in Canada.

How does the gun registration "confiscate" a weapon? If you register it you can have it.

"Illegal weapons only come from the US", I never said that. First of all most of the weapons are not illegal in the US, only here. Second, it is a heck of a lot easier to smuggle a fire arm across the boarder in a car from the US to Canada than it is to get a Russian or other overseas countries weapons here by plane or boat. The weapons might have been made in another country but most "physically" have come from the US. Clearer?

Comment

How does the gun registration "confiscate" a weapon? If you register it you can have it.
                If you don't register a firearm, does the government let you keep it, or do they confiscate it?

"Illegal weapons only come from the US", I never said that. First of all most of the weapons are not illegal in the US, only here. Second, it is a heck of a lot easier to smuggle a fire arm across the boarder in a car from the US to Canada than it is to get a Russian or other overseas countries weapons here by plane or boat. The weapons might have been made in another country but most "physically" have come from the US. Clearer?
                Yes.
                "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

Comment

If you don't register a firearm, does the government let you keep it, or do they confiscate it?

Yes.
                  If you don't register your car does the government let you drive it? What's the difference?

I don't own a gun but I have never heard of special squads of police going around checking if people's guns are registered & seizing them if they are not. Like driving an unregistered car a gun can be "impounded" utill registered.
                  Last edited by HotelSecurity; 03-20-2011, 04:36 AM.

Comment

... it is a heck of a lot easier to smuggle a fire arm across the boarder in a car from the US to Canada than it is to get a Russian or other overseas countries weapons here by plane or boat. The weapons might have been made in another country but most "physically" have come from the US. Clearer?
                    I really don't want to start yet another tangent in a thread originally about a security officer being ambushed, but...

Hotel, not to bag on your point, but if one is discussing smuggling small shipments of arms, yes, I'd agree with this; simple common sense.

But remember: BATFE recently was left with some egg on their faces over following this line of logic a little too far, when they released statements to the effect that many (if not most) weapons currently in use by Mexican drug gangs were smuggled in from the US border states...

following which a Congressionally-ordered study revealed that by far most weapons being used in the Mexican drug wars were entering Mexico thru seaports in shipping containers, by airfreight (after all, many drug cartels own their own airplanes...), and/or across Mexico's southern borders from Central America.

So: individual weapons, or small shipments of a few weapons being smuggeled across the border into Canada? Yes, of course, I'd readily accept that. But "...easier", combined with "...most"? I dunno... far more believable to me that any black-market gun dealerships in Canada would take shipment of a couple cratefulls buried in a cargo container entering thru a seaport or airport, and destined for a warehouse somewhere.

Motor vehicles are far too easy to search at a border crossing, to be considered a major source of flow; I know - I had my pickup and stock trailer "strip searched" while entering Canada in '95 (one look at me and they wouldn't believe I had no alcohol, tobacco or firearms aboard)... and those Canuck border guards did one effective job of it, too!
                    "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by 5423 View Post
                      I really don't want to start yet another tangent in a thread originally about a security officer being ambushed, but...

Hotel, not to bag on your point, but if one is discussing smuggling small shipments of arms, yes, I'd agree with this; simple common sense.

But remember: BATFE recently was left with some egg on their faces over following this line of logic a little too far, when they released statements to the effect that many (if not most) weapons currently in use by Mexican drug gangs were smuggled in from the US border states...

following which a Congressionally-ordered study revealed that by far most weapons being used in the Mexican drug wars were entering Mexico thru seaports in shipping containers, by airfreight (after all, many drug cartels own their own airplanes...), and/or across Mexico's southern borders from Central America.

So: individual weapons, or small shipments of a few weapons being smuggeled across the border into Canada? Yes, of course, I'd readily accept that. But "...easier", combined with "...most"? I dunno... far more believable to me that any black-market gun dealerships in Canada would take shipment of a couple cratefulls buried in a cargo container entering thru a seaport or airport, and destined for a warehouse somewhere.

Motor vehicles are far too easy to search at a border crossing, to be considered a major source of flow; I know - I had my pickup and stock trailer "strip searched" while entering Canada in '95 (one look at me and they wouldn't believe I had no alcohol, tobacco or firearms aboard)... and those Canuck border guards did one effective job of it, too!
                      I think we're talking differenct weapons. The drug cartel in Mexico are using machine guns & rifles. Most firearm murders in Canada are done by shotguns from Canada & handguns from the US.

Comment

Ah; copy that. I was simply thinking in shear numbers: much easier to arrange and pull off a one-time-shipment of 10,000 pieces, mixed into thousands of identical containers, than several thousand shipments of one or two weapons...

my mistake. (Refer to the thread about feeling stupid at work: I dunner again!)
                        Last edited by 5423; 03-30-2011, 12:34 PM.
                        "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

Comment

About 7 years ago they did an indepth investigation on Seattle vs Vancouver crime and murder. Gun laws are the least important factor.

Culture was the ranking factor on why the murder rate was higher and ease of access to handguns/assault weapons. Since then Vancouver has caught up a little with the recent gangs and cultural killings.

Nothing like BC Bud going for the price of coke ounce for ounce or an ounce for an AK.
                          Read about the Bacon Boys and the UN gang in Abbotsford, BC.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X