Corrections Officer killed in Monroe, WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrections Officer killed in Monroe, WA

A prison guard was strangled with her 2-way radio microphone cord in a chapel area with no CCTV camera by a "3rd strike" felon. The Seattle media is covering this quite extensively. Figure I'd post it here; this may also spark a possibly needed discussion on the safety and training thread...Our hearts and prayers go out to her family.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/434420_guard30.html

My heartfelt condolences to her family and friends. Rest in Peace, Officer Biendl.

I find it both ironic and stupid that it is so common for corrections officers to work alone. Out here on the street, we'd often wait for backup to deal with someone like her accused killer... then we lock 'em down in Violent Crimes University, and expect an unarmed officer to handle them alone.
    "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

Comment

I for one am fed up about hearing officers dieing.. There has been 17 LEOs just in jan. killed by these Jacks..

I hope this officers family is able to get some department paid counciling cause it is difficult losing a hero.

To these dirtbags ... I hope you all got your .50 piece of lead

RIP
      Stay Safe,
      And Apperantly Im A Gear Whore

Comment

Rest in Peace, Officer Biendl.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
        - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
        — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

Originally posted by FEDSEC View Post
          I for one am fed up about hearing officers dieing.. There has been 17 LEOs just in jan. killed by these Jacks..
          In Canada? 17 even sounds alot for the US in 1 month.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
            In Canada?
            I am not sure if it is including Canadian LEOs but I do know it is including thier brothers down south.

I am sure you are alot closer to Toronto where the one officer was killed with the snow plow.

I am just tired of this crap. Like really how much longer till we start getting shot for doing our jobs. Like really .. this crap is bull****
            Stay Safe,
            And Apperantly Im A Gear Whore

Comment

More info will come out after the investigation; I hope some retired Twin Rivers staff will post here as appropriate. I can't comment on the prison's procedures; only that it is clear there were several failures (they didn't find her until someone noticed she hadn't turned in her equipment). For those outside the US, the question as to why there was no camera in the chapel area has to do with (as I understand it) it being a "religious worship" area, thus some kind of expectation of privacy.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X