borough security officer beaten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• borough security officer beaten

A female borough security officer in Montreal had been beaten last night in a park by two men .

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...909/story.html

A great example of how situations can escalate rapidly. I'm also curious if she was armed or unarmed. I'm going to assume unarmed as two assailants closing in on me while i'm carrying would have a much different outcome. especially if I believe one of them has a gun of his own! My prayers are with her for a complete and speedy recovery.
    "A perp popped up from behind the Orange Julius counter with a full auto Kalashnikov with a 75rd drum" -SPECOPS

Comment

Originally posted by GuardInVegas View Post
      A great example of how situations can escalate rapidly. I'm also curious if she was armed or unarmed. I'm going to assume unarmed as two assailants closing in on me while i'm carrying would have a much different outcome. especially if I believe one of them has a gun of his own! My prayers are with her for a complete and speedy recovery.
      She was an unarmed By-Law Enforcment Officer. They are supposed to enforce Borough by-laws & O&R crimes to the police. She might have carried a baton. Some of the Public Security units on the island of Montreal carry them. 2 of my hotels are located in St. Launrent in the industrial sector. This unit only patrols the residential sector so I have not had much contact with them.

Presently with very few exceptions only armoured car security personnel can be armed in Canada.
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Any updates on the female officer. We hope and pray that she has a speedy recovery and continues to work security. I cannot understand why there is even unarmed security.

Comment

Originally posted by dingo3497 View Post
          Any updates on the female officer. We hope and pray that she has a speedy recovery and continues to work security. I cannot understand why there is even unarmed security.
          Because that's the law in Canada.

They can be compared to Meter-Maids. Even in a country like the US that has a differenvt view about guns, are most Meter-Maids armed?

If she was armed would she be justified in shooting? A short while before this case a Montreal Police Officer was in a similar situation in another park in another area of Montreal. He & his partner were surrounded by a group of young men when they tried to arrest one for a by-law enfraction. He used his weapon & 1 young man was killed. As a result we had a large riot in the area, (aee Montreal North riot on YOUTUBE)

Montreal has had these unarmed Public security by-law enforcement units for more than 25 years. This is the first time I have heard of one of them being attacked.

Comment

Originally posted by dingo3497 View Post
            From the original article in the Montreal Gazette:
            The woman, who was found by her colleagues, did not suffer major injuries. However she had bruises on her head and face and was treated for shock, Bergeron said.

Comment

I'm really curious now. Does anyone know of armed Parking Enforcement units?

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                I'm really curious now. Does anyone know of armed Parking Enforcement units?
                Never seen one.
                ATTN. SPECOPS AND GECKO45 my secret username is CIDDECEP and I am your S2. My authorization code is Six Wun Quebec Oscar Fife. Your presence here is tactically dangerous and compromises our overall mission parameter. Cease and desist all activity on this board. Our “enemies” are deft at computer hacking and may trace you back to our primary locale. You have forced me to compromise my situation to protect your vulnerable flank. This issue will be addressed later.

Comment

Personally I think Security Officers should be allowed to take advanced Police training courses in the deployment of Tasers.
                  I don't think Security Officers need to have a gun, unless you live in the US.
                  In the UK I'd like to see more, or all, Police officers with atleast a Taser... times are changing and we need to make the change with it.

Obviously strict mental health assessments and interviews along with a long course would be totally nessessary and retraining should be done atleast every 6 months.

I've known too many overzealous officers, especially young Bouncers, who'd be all too ready to pull the trigger when it isn't needed.

I hope the injured officer in question recovers quickly.
                  Ewfr 'Gomulee - EuwFer 'Gom-You-Lee
                  Court Security Officer - Her Majesty's Courts Service HMCS

Comment

Originally posted by Ewfr 'Gomulee View Post
                    Personally I think Security Officers should be allowed to take advanced Police training courses in the deployment of Tasers.
                    I don't think Security Officers need to have a gun, unless you live in the US.
                    In the UK I'd like to see more, or all, Police officers with atleast a Taser... times are changing and we need to make the change with it.

Obviously strict mental health assessments and interviews along with a long course would be totally nessessary and retraining should be done atleast every 6 months.

I've known too many overzealous officers, especially young Bouncers, who'd be all too ready to pull the trigger when it isn't needed.

I hope the injured officer in question recovers quickly.
                    As a Canadian with similar gun & weapon laws as yours I agree we should be allowed to have some protection, maybe OC spray.

We are allowed batons. When I visited Northern Ireland a few years ago I was told that you are not even allowed them in the UK.

As for the injured Officer. I was going to call the Borough the other day & ask how she was doing but then I re-read the original article & saw that she had only suffered minor injuries. I don't think she even lost any time at work.

Comment

Lol, bud.
                      We even get harrassed if we are carrying a D-Cell Maglite.
                      I have been stopped so many times for having my Maglite Rechargable (about the same size as a 4D-Cell) I've lost count.

Over here we're not allowed to wear anything that might scare the public.
                      I think court Security Officers should have Taser and Baton training and be issued with an overt or covert Blade resistant vest.

Reasons the company and HMCS will not issue said items:
                      Money
                      Money
                      and
                      It may scare the public if they see you walking towards them with a stabvest on.

I think the last reason is utter Kerpele! (Finnish curse word).
                      These are people who run from Police Officers and fight them... I don't think a Court Guard is going to scare them.
                      As for the reasons regarding money... they're going to lose a lot more money if one of us gets stabbed.
                      I, for one, will be sueing if I get stabbed on Duty.

:P

Again I think the training for tasers or Batons should be readily available and in certain security positions, compulsary (Example: Court Security/ Ministry of Defense Sites ect ect; )

I know a few Guards I've worked with in the past who'd fail the phyc test that'd have to be in place. :P Just happy I don't work with them anymore, they caused more problems than they solved.
                      Ewfr 'Gomulee - EuwFer 'Gom-You-Lee
                      Court Security Officer - Her Majesty's Courts Service HMCS

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X