Tactical Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Officers

I have a possible strike coming up. I am not sure how many people I will be needing yet or if I will need to go outside my usual crew. Just in case though, I am accepting resumes. Military, law enforcement, or previous tactical security experience required. Must have the ability to travel on short notice and a minimum 30 day commitment is required.

If interested, send your resume to wyeasttactical@gmail.com

Thanks,

Dave
    David Tombleson
    Executive Security Manager
    Wy'east Tactical, LLC
    www.wyeasttactical.com

Can you please post a job description for this position? "Tactical Security" can mean anything from a private SWAT team to an observe and report security guard position that their only tool is a video camera.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Details on the job and Location would also help.

Comment

Originally posted by YANG View Post
        Details on the job and Location would also help.
        I'm not sure he'd know about location, since he might get what I get: I can get a call to provide personnel anywhere in the country from 2 hours to 8 days notice.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

This is a labor dispute/strike. That means unarmed security in accordance with NLRB regulations. It is primarily observe and report, only under generally tense circumstances. There may be some Executive Protection involved as well, but I expect that will most likely be handled by my current staff.

The shifts will be 12 hours per days/7days per week. N.A. Corbier is correct in that I do not yet have an exact location and am not in a position to pass on what I do know yet. I am not looking to hire locals anyway, we will fly in all tactical officers and provide housing and per diem.

We will be updating our call out list as well, so if you are interested in future opportunities, go ahead and send a resume in now, though if you do so, please note that you are not interested in the upcoming deployment.

Should you send in a resume, please include the location of the nearest major airport.

Thanks again,

Dave
          David Tombleson
          Wy'east Tactical, LLC
          www.wyeasttactical.com

Comment

Could you please define "tactical" as it pertains to this post? "Tactical," in my experience, is not something that is used in the same phrase as "unarmed."

Also, is a general location available?
            A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

Definition "Tactical Security Officer"

The term "Tactical Security Officer" was originally coined years ago when our job entailed a lot more tactical time. As late as summer of 2007 the major company at the time flew officers to Dallas and trained on hand to hand, baton, shields and video cameras along with the National Labor Relations Act.
              Another older company, SRC, still has a vault in the basement with a rack of shotguns that were carried often before the business calmed down.
              We do still do armed work, such as after Katrina and in Galveston after Ike.
              CONUS work is very slow right now so a lot of the guys are in Iraq and Afganistan doing contract work. One guy I was deployed with in WA State last year is handling a machine gun in the side of a privately run blackhawk in Kabal so tactical is a proper term for most of the guys.

Comment

A wise son hears his father's instruction,but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke. Proverbs 13:1

"My “Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions I accepted in my younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later. " G-45

Comment

Originally posted by Tsalla Apopka View Post
                  The term "Tactical Security Officer" was originally coined years ago when our job entailed a lot more tactical time. As late as summer of 2007 the major company at the time flew officers to Dallas and trained on hand to hand, baton, shields and video cameras along with the National Labor Relations Act.
                  Another older company, SRC, still has a vault in the basement with a rack of shotguns that were carried often before the business calmed down.
                  We do still do armed work, such as after Katrina and in Galveston after Ike.
                  CONUS work is very slow right now so a lot of the guys are in Iraq and Afganistan doing contract work. One guy I was deployed with in WA State last year is handling a machine gun in the side of a privately run blackhawk in Kabal so tactical is a proper term for most of the guys.
                  You are not the person posting the job offer. Your statements are therefore irrelevant.

Comment

In the sense used here (though I sometimes use it differently with regards to my company -- you can see my website for the reasoning on that) tactical officer and strike security are synonymous. The term, as Tsalla Apopka points out, originally made more sense. The teams that worked strikes many years ago were highly trained in crowd control and were outfitted like riot police. While due to NLRB rules and changes in labor relations this is no longer the case, the term has continued to be used in the industry. This is still high risk security and not for the faint of heart, but it is not armed and rarely "hands on". Those who routinely look for strike work will keep an eye out for the phrase, so its use generally draws the people with the right type of experience.

It should be noted that the term is often used in Law Enforcement to refer to SWAT team members, but its meaning here, obviously, is quite different.

I hope that clears up any questions that you may have on the issue.

Dave
                    Last edited by ptbeast; 09-10-2010, 02:15 AM.
                    David Tombleson
                    Wy'east Tactical, LLC
                    www.wyeasttactical.com

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X