Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do these bodyguards and top security positions pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do these bodyguards and top security positions pay?

I'm interested in a good security position.

Well, theres tons of security out there. What type of security are you looking for, what experience do you have?

Theres everything from sitting in your car at a construction site overnight, to close quarter protection in Iraq.

What kind of work do you want?
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

A bodyguard or "executive protection" gig requires military or law enforcement experience, or lots of security experience and a company that is willing to train. It is not generally an entry-level position.

The Iraq gigs, as well, usually want honorable Military experience, but will take Sworn Law Enforcement experience.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Last EP gig I had was 30 an hour. Problem is, that business you never seem to work a set schedule. The times you work is often unpredictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ten32
          Last EP gig I had was 30 an hour. Problem is, that business you never seem to work a set schedule. The times you work is often unpredictable.
          I'm hungry. We're going out to Burger King. Yes, it is 3 AM.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            I'm hungry. We're going out to Burger King. Yes, it is 3 AM.
            That's it exactly. But that's kinda what makes it fun! I wish I would of gotten alot more gigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ten32
              That's it exactly. But that's kinda what makes it fun! I wish I would of gotten alot more gigs!
              What happened to that job?
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

They claimed that the clients were always requesting sworn police. What REALLY happend is some moron made them look bad, so they implemented a new policy only allowing sworn officers to do it. You know, corporate bull.

Comment

I found out recently that you can not hire armed bodyguards in Montreal anymore! We had a high profile international conference recently. (Climate Change Kyoto Conference). Lots of governement leaders & industry big shots attended. The RCMP provided armed bodyguards for the governement people. Some of the industry people contacted the hotels looking for armed bodyguards. We found that private guards could not longer be armed. You can hire an off duty Montreal Police Officer for $66.00/hour but bodyguarding is not part of their duties so they are not trained for it & don't provide the service. The Surete du Quebec & RCMP have Secret Service type squads but again, they are only for government visitors. Private visitors have no one the turn to.
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                    I found out recently that you can not hire armed bodyguards in Montreal anymore! We had a high profile international conference recently. (Climate Change Kyoto Conference). Lots of governement leaders & industry big shots attended. The RCMP provided armed bodyguards for the governement people. Some of the industry people contacted the hotels looking for armed bodyguards. We found that private guards could not longer be armed. You can hire an off duty Montreal Police Officer for $66.00/hour but bodyguarding is not part of their duties so they are not trained for it & don't provide the service. The Surete du Quebec & RCMP have Secret Service type squads but again, they are only for government visitors. Private visitors have no one the turn to.
                    It may not be right, but it's good to see that you know your info. The laws can vary ALOT from state to state, area to area. In this industry, you have to do your own research to get ahead.

Do that, and you WILL get ahead.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X