Cruise Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Security

Anybody have any experience in Cruise Ship Security ?

On another note... does anyone know where one could be hired for such a job?
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

I've seen some cruise ship security jobs posted on Monster, just 2-3 months ago.

Comment

Go to these cruise line websites. They always have jobs openings. I thought about it, but I don't have water legs.
      My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Yeah, Ive been searching around, all I seem to come up with are these ridiculous "Send us 1 Payment of 49.95 and we will forward your resume to all the cruise ships!" No thanks... I can really do that myself... just uh... hook me up with some addresses?
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Here are the employment websites for Norwegian Cruise Lines and Princess Cruises. Hope they help.

http://www.ncl.com/news/employment.htm

http://employment.princess.com/employment/index.html

Comment

Ship Security Officer

Here is a link to the job description for Ship Security Officer for Norweigan Cruise Lines. This actually sounds like a cool job, but you must have either police or military experience to apply. It is not an observe and report type position.

http://164.109.173.140/ship_employ/d...ty_Officer.pdf

Comment

Any of these positions armed? What would be the regulations for such, seeing that (I think) alot of the time you'd spend in international waters?

I sure would not like the idea of being the person who's "the athority" on the boat, but not be equipped as such.

Comment

I don't know if they are armed or not. Back in 1996 I went on a weekend cruise to Mexico and the uniformed security guards I saw on the ship were unarmed.

That does not mean that there were no firearms on board, however.

Comment

You would think that in this new age of terrorisim fears, that the cruise ships had some tight security.

Heck, could you imagine some of the drunks you'd have to deal with?

Comment

I know that on at least 3 boats for one gambling company (small time outfit), there was a First Mate's Armory on the bridge, which included some full auto support weapons, a few shotguns, and a few Glock 17s.

When SunCruz bought the boats, they removed all the weapons. The First Mate was no longer responsible for security aboard the ship, they were to sail back to Florida and request USCG and Florida Marine Patrol assistance.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                      Anybody have any experience in Cruise Ship Security ?

On another note... does anyone know where one could be hired for such a job?

Hey Brian, there's a company in Seattle called SecureTrans. They do a lotof work at the terminals and such, screening passengers. If I recall correctly, they also use "sea guards" onboard. It's a real time commitment though. I have a buddy who was thinking about doing it, I'll email him and get some more info for ya.

Comment

That would be swell. Thanks.
                        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                          That would be swell. Thanks.
                          No problem, "Wally."
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

http://www.akalsecurity.com/images/jobhi.pdf

Comment

Thank you. I may just be putting in for this one
                              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X