Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Employment Oppertunity

Disney Employment Opportunity

Director, Global Intelligence & Threat Analysis, Burbank, CA Position Type Full-time Experienced, creative intelligence professionals with excellent leadership skills should not miss this opportunity to lead a unique mission protecting one of the world's most recognizable brands. The Director, Global Intelligence and Threat Analysis provides security and political risk assessments to protect the Company's assets, guests, employees, and reputation, and offers decision support for the Company's global business expansion.

The diverse scope of this mission covers Parks and Resorts (including cruise lines), Media Networks (ABC, ESPN, Disney Channel), Studios (Disney, Miramax), and Consumer Products; assets are spread over more than 40 countries.

Qualified candidates should review the official vacancy and apply directly at the Disney Careers website:

https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/c...fm?szOrderID=1
    42503&szReturnToSearch=1&szWordsToHighlight

Serious inquiries may be addressed to the incumbent, Rodney Faraon, at [email protected].

Requisition ID 142503

Job Responsibilities:
    Responsible for leading a Burbank -based global team in the collection and analysis of timely and accurate intelligence relevant to securing The Walt Disney Company's global human and capital assets and the development of policy, plans and training to mitigate vulnerabilities.

Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
    *In cooperation with the Vice President, Global Intelligence, Threat Analysis and Crisis Management, develops policy and strategy to assess and mitigate threats to company assets and employees

*Collects, evaluates and disseminates accurate and timely intelligence to appropriate company executives

*Applies intelligence to in-place security measures to assess vulnerabilities

*Recommends risk mitigation strategies

*Develops and maintains a travel safety and advisory system for the Walt Disney Company's travelers

*Develops strong and productive relationships with high-level domestic and international law enforcement, intelligence, and private sector counterparts

*Develops a private sector intelligence community designed to provide a network of information partners

*Accomplishes enterprise and department objectives by establishing action plans, timetables and outcome measurements, obtaining and allocating resources, reviewing progress, making mid-course corrections

*Achieves financial goals by establishing objectives; developing and monitoring budgets; controlling and reducing costs; optimizing use of assets

*Contributes to team effort by offering information and opinion as a member of management; integrating objectives with other functions; accomplishing special projects as needed

*Maintains results by recruiting and selecting key managers; coaching, counseling and disciplining managers; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results

*In partnership with the Director, Global Crisis Management, assists in the development of policy, plans and exercises designed to enhance the crisis resistance of the Walt Disney Company

Supervisory Scope
    *Directly manage two to three intelligence analysts and provide oversight, guidance and policy to a team of intelligence and security professionals worldwide

Required Qualifications
    *Minimum of 7-10 years experience and a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility within private sector corporate security or a related public sector organization, including 3-5 years of experience within a law enforcement/intelligence or related agency and 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role

*Bachelor's degree is required and a Master's degree is desirable

*Demonstrated ability to build, motivate and lead a professional team attuned to organizational culture, yet be innovative and able to develop new initiatives

*Demonstrated track record of partnering and developing consensus within an organizational climate of diverse operational activities and wide ranging lines of business

*Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly within all levels of an organization, including briefing executive management as well as operating teams

*Excellent conceptual and critical thinking skills and sound judgment, with strategic orientation and ability to perform tactically, as required

*Experience in providing technical expertise appropriate to knowledge of risk and cost effective delivery of essential security services

*Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and evaluate a large volume of information, and to communicate accurately both verbally and in writing, timely recommendations on business and security related risks to the organization with solid focus on detail, as required

*Ability to develop global security strategies keyed to likely risks and in collaboration with organization stakeholders

*Ability to anticipate, influence and assist the organization to assess and rapidly adjust to changing conditions and trends in a global multi-cultural environment

*Proven track record of leading, managing and developing employees

*Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with international affairs
    Last edited by LiveNlearn; 02-12-2008, 02:23 PM.
    Wisdom - Having a lot to say, but knowing when to keep it to yourself.

Oppurtunity.
    Washington DC

Comment

- opportunity
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
        - opportunity
        hahaha. that always happens to me when i try to be a jackass.
        Washington DC

Comment

This is for Illiterates.
          Attached Files
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

So, this is an analyist position in the Disney Intelligence Agency?
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I KNEW IT! Disney is a super dooper evil secret spy agency working for the USSR!!! BUWHAH HAH!

But seriously... the job... sounds.... just... well... a little bit confusing and boring.
              Are you frontline?
              Are you a guard or someone incharge of corporate security for the firm?

And who do they gather intelligence from? I mean... it would hardly be threatoning running up to a suspect and shouting
              ''OI! FREEZE MUTHA BUZZA! THIS IS DISNEY INTELLIGENCE AGENCY!''

hehe. My apologies... alot of Sugar and a very promising phone call today WOO!
              Ewfr 'Gomulee - EuwFer 'Gom-You-Lee
              Court Security Officer - Her Majesty's Courts Service HMCS

Comment

Originally posted by Ewfr 'Gomulee View Post
                I KNEW IT! Disney is a super dooper evil secret spy agency working for the USSR!!! BUWHAH HAH!

But seriously... the job... sounds.... just... well... a little bit confusing and boring.
                Are you frontline?
                Are you a guard or someone incharge of corporate security for the firm?

And who do they gather intelligence from? I mean... it would hardly be threatoning running up to a suspect and shouting
                ''OI! FREEZE MUTHA BUZZA! THIS IS DISNEY INTELLIGENCE AGENCY!''

hehe. My apologies... alot of Sugar and a very promising phone call today WOO!
                A lot of multinationals have their own intelligence division. This appears to be a director position in their intelligence division. This person would be responsible for, well... the gathering of intelligence, analysis of said intelligence, dissimination of intelligence to other business divisions, etc.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                  A lot of multinationals have their own intelligence division. This appears to be a director position in their intelligence division. This person would be responsible for, well... the gathering of intelligence, analysis of said intelligence, dissimination of intelligence to other business divisions, etc.
                  Nate - You're exactly right. One of my sons spent 5 years in the Army in Counterintelligence (96B). He got out and immediately stepped into a position, with a starting pay of $90k, for a major U.S. company. His job is anything but boring.

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Apologies for earlier post.

Anyway, the 90k a year sounds kooshty.
                    Ewfr 'Gomulee - EuwFer 'Gom-You-Lee
                    Court Security Officer - Her Majesty's Courts Service HMCS

Comment

Actually Curt summed it up - big corps have intell divisions as a source of information for anything and everything. Sometimes it could be marketing, or investments or trends or even criminal activies for fraud or other areas. Can't say much about Disney in Australia as they took the bloody retail stores out of the country .............. only to see now BUILD A BEAR stores.

Places like McDonalds I would assume have Intell Analysts.
                      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
                        Actually Curt summed it up - big corps have intell divisions as a source of information for anything and everything. Sometimes it could be marketing, or investments or trends or even criminal activies for fraud or other areas. Can't say much about Disney in Australia as they took the bloody retail stores out of the country .............. only to see now BUILD A BEAR stores.

Places like McDonalds I would assume have Intell Analysts.
                        That's because Disney hasn't owned them for a number of years now.

Comment

I worked for disney in CA a few years ago doing undercover work mainly anti terrorism stuff. Since 9/11 they have been ramping up there security dept so this position does not suprise me since when I left the new director of security in CA was the former head of petagon force protection.

Comment

Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
                            hahaha. that always happens to me when i try to be a jackass.
                            Top Flight

Comment

Well if you want to make a status symbol you are going to hit a national icon same as our Harbour Bridge, Opera House and other main structures. Our solution - rent a cops with a radio and a coloured safety vest as cars whizz past the bridges. Another solution was to erect an 8' cyclone (mesh fence) to stop jumpers .......... another idea from Johnson and Johnson (bandaid). My last trip to Disneyland was before 9/11 and a close associate told me it is well known you need to be prepared for security checks.

Even in Hawaii at the Arizona Memorial, no bags including bum bags are permitted to be taken into the visitor centre post 9/11. For those of you who have visited there as tourists, servicemen and veterans groups it sad to think these entombed sailors fought for the freedom we are unable to enjoy fully.
                              "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X