My resume'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My resume'

I'm starting the process of hunting for a new job. I'm hoping to get some professional advice. I am going to a Job Fair in the next week and will be putting out applications at various companies.
    I'd appreciate it if I could pass my resume' to some here to look at. Let me know if you are interested in helping me out.

Steve
    Hospital Security Officer

Hey I'll take a peek if you want. [email protected]
    SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

email sent. Thanks.
      Steve

RESENT due to sending you the wrong draft. Sorry.
      Last edited by EMTGuard; 02-05-2008, 11:38 AM. Reason: resent update

Comment

When you go to the job fair, maybe you can lean more towards the EMT side instead of security. In fact, what would it take for you to obtain you medic certification? Unarmed security is not going to serve you well as far as a good salary is concerned.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I would be willing to offer suggestions. I also have some material I can send you from a Business Communication class that I took in college. [email protected]
          "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002 View Post
            I would be willing to offer suggestions. I also have some material I can send you from a Business Communication class that I took in college. [email protected]
            Email sent. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
              When you go to the job fair, maybe you can lean more towards the EMT side instead of security. In fact, what would it take for you to obtain you medic certification? Unarmed security is not going to serve you well as far as a good salary is concerned.
              In fact the first job fair will be Tuesday, Feb 12 at the Baton Rouge General Hospital and I will be investigating ER Tech job availibility.
              Please PM me your email addy.

Thanks,
              Steve

Comment

Let me know if you have any questions with resume/cover letter writing. I used to work in human resources as a clinical recruiter for a hospital. Reviewing resumes was a big part of job, so I'd be happy to assist.
                111th PAPD Class
                Bravo Platoon 4th Squad

Comment

I have a question, and one that I always hate:

WTF is my "Objective?" Not what my objective _is_, but what the person wants it to be.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Good question. I always wondered why that was included on most resumes. I mean, my objective is to get a job with the company I'm applying at. DUH!!!

Comment

Good question. I always wondered why that was included on most resumes. I mean, my objective is to get a job with the company I'm applying at. DUH!!!

The purpose of putting an objective statement on your resume is to inform the employer of your career goal and targeted interests. The statement should describe the focus of your job search. If your resume is broader, relay the most relevant objective in an accompanying cover letter. A good objective includes type and/or level of position, type and style of organization, and skills/qualifications.

You would want to use an objective when you want to specify your interests and where you would fit in the organization, or you want to present the impression of a focused, self-confident person. Do not use an objective when it is too broad and meaningless (reflecting indecision,) or too exclusive, eliminating you from jobs for which you might be considered.
                      111th PAPD Class
                      Bravo Platoon 4th Squad

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
                        Sort of like: what is your company mission statement? My companies is "make as much money possible, spending as little as possible".
                        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

It's about 4 am wednesdy morning. I'm going in to cover a day shift for my site supervisor who has to see his cardiologist. So I'll be off line for about 15 hours or most of today.
                          I've made some changes to my resume based on feed back I have received from members of this forum. I am overwhelmed with the help I've gotten and never really put much thought into a professional looking resume. Most of the jobs I've gotten were offered to me when I walked in to the door. In the case of my current Security/EMT job, the account manager for the local office actually showed up at my Fire Department looking for EMTs. I didn't go looking for him.
                          I have no doubt that by the time I go to the job fair and start putting out applications I'll be more prepared than I ever have been for job hunting.
                          Resume Mark 2 is coming soon. Until then, I offer my continued and humble thanks to all involved.

Steve

Comment

Well since you speak English you are part way there in your job applications. Reading those applications today, I wish I was having a BBQ as they were all crap and copying a US format for resume` makes them look unprofessional when the dates are back to front and spelling is US based.

A resume` is a method of selling YOU to a potential employer and as I said before, without seeing you it is all they have to go on to WANT to see you as part of their team. Your resume is reflection of you and a smelly resume full of BS is a reflection on your ethics as a potential employee. With your experience and qualifications - someone is going to snap you up before you know it and then you can negotiate on what your wages should be.
                            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

One suggestion would be that you create a couple of different versions of your resume, and that in the "objective" part make sure to mention the company you're applying to by name. That way, it looks like you actually did a bit of research on them (take a look at their web site, too, so that you can know something about them). Just don't accidentally hand in a resume titled to company X to company Y!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X