Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Alrighty, just wondering what kind of jobs we have around here. I'll put up a small list of guard companies I know of please feel free to add. A small explination of the company would be nice to. ie: is it O&R or more hands on?

Garda (hands on as far as I know. Mobile gets paid around 15)

Response (can do bylaw enforcement, have been well known for illegally pulling over civilians)

Iron Horse (O&R to the fullest, non-engagement policy)

NASS (has alot of the local malls.)

Capital (heard they were going to be getting bought out by Garda soon)

You forgot Securitas, they seem to be everywhere. I would like to see a list of InHouse that are hiring
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

I think you forgot a major one in Ottawa - Canadian Corps of Commissionaires. They used to, & I believe still do, have the right of first refusal of ALL federal government contracts.

Your 2 big In-House ones would be the House of Comments & senate Security.
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

good call with Commissionaires, they pay very well to compared to most others.

For in house, pretty much every high tech firm I have seen in Kanata has their own in house. Not sure about downtown Ottawa.

Comment

I believe Intelligarde has an office in Ottawa. Not sure of the pay rates.
          Professionalism through Training

Comment

The company that owns & manages my 3 hotels also owns the L'Esplanade Laurier in downtown Ottawa. I am pretty sure we have In-House security but knowing my company, the salary would be below what they are paying contract security.
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
              The company that owns & manages my 3 hotels also owns the L'Esplanade Laurier in downtown Ottawa. I am pretty sure we have In-House security but knowing my company, the salary would be below what they are paying contract security.
              I've been there a couple of times and remember seeing commissionaires there. Part of the building is government office towers, though, so it's possible that the commissionaires were guarding those and that there were unseen security somewhere.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X