People Needed CCW required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Needed CCW required

What kind of job/benefits/etc... is this?
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Where in Southern Michigan??
      SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by kingsman View Post
        We are down 5 full time people and as many part timers.ªª

Our pay isª set by the Federal Governmentand is over $20 an hour at this time.ª You need to pass a detailed federal background check, have a CCW license, pass A security test and a First aid class, and shoot 210 our of a possible 300ª at the range.

The main office says there are 25 + people in the next class, of which they expect maybe 5 will qualify.ª This is very beleivable to me, out of my class of five, I was the only one who made it thru.ª What do we have to do to fill our ranks?

The biggest hurdle is the 3 - 4 months it takes to do the background check and the range.ª Of the last 4 people hired, 2 flunked the range test and cannot test again for a year.

Anybody out there looking for a job in southern michigan?
        Is there a good reason that people who do not pass the range test first time "cannot test again for a year"? It is a simple fact - well established by performance science - that people have good days and bad ones, particularly when it comes to physical skills. Imagine you were hiring a pro quarterback and Peyton Manning was applying for the job. If you only looked at his performance last Sunday he would undoubtedly fail the test, with 6 interceptions against the Chargers. Would you tell him to take a hike and come back in a year?

Here you have all this money invested in doing backgrounding and other testing, and presuming that these folks passed all of these areas, I would not erect artificial barriers to hiring them on the basis of one performance on the firing range. In fact, I would find ways to help them meet this standard if they were desirable candidates in every other way.
        Last edited by SecTrainer; 11-14-2007, 10:54 AM.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Our pay isª set by the Federal Governmentand is over $20 an hour at this time.ª You need to pass a detailed federal background check, have a CCW license, pass A security test and a First aid class, and shoot 210 our of a possible 300ª at the range.
          Sounds like contract guard for FPS. They use the ICE range qualification system, with a best of 300, and 210 is the lowest possible passing score.

Is there a good reason that people who do not pass the range test first time "cannot test again for a year"?
          I know our contract with ICE also stipulates the no re-shoots for 1 year thing.
          Last edited by OccamsRazor; 11-14-2007, 10:20 PM.

Comment

exactly.It is stupid.

When I joined customs they put us on the range every other day and taught us how to shoot with the glock. Here, we just expect them to show up on a day and shoot a gun they have never held and get a pasing score.

I shoot 297 to 298 with the glock and with my XD-40, but only got a 214 my first time with the revolvers we have.
            I shoot a lot better with my own Ruger revolver.

I think the guns we are given are way to old. The one I used regularly the stem loosened every 12 rounds and I had to screw it back tight or the gun would jam the next round of shots. People just aren't used to shooting revolvers anymore. No one in the military trains with them anymore.
            Last edited by kingsman; 11-15-2007, 11:01 AM.

Comment

were in southern michigan? could we see a website possibly?
              PFC GREEN
              We sleep safe in our bed because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm -George Orwell

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X