Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alowe56
    replied
    I've worked for this company for over 5 years now. No promotions, (no room for advancement) no raise, no benefits. If it wasn't for my health problems, I'd be gone, working somewhere else. If anyone really thinks this is a good company to work for, google "US Security Complaints," maybe then you'll get the picture.

Leave a comment:

• tanko
    replied
    Originally posted by hrdickinson View Post
    They are a reputable nationwide firm, probably number two or three in size. They have a full cross section of commercial clients. I had the great plesure of working closely with both of the two co-founders in the NY metro area years before they purchased Advance Security in Atlanta as their platform company. As with any of the large companies, your experience as an employee may vary slightly by geographic location based on local management.
    Becoming number two or three in size in this industry with within 20-years by buying out other firms is impressive to me. I would love it if you could post any articles such aggressive growth without going bankrupt, or write an article yourself.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by hrdickinson View Post
    They are a reputable nationwide firm, probably number two or three in size. They have a full cross section of commercial clients. I had the great plesure of working closely with both of the two co-founders in the NY metro area years before they purchased Advance Security in Atlanta as their platform company. As with any of the large companies, your experience as an employee may vary slightly by geographic location based on local management.
    Thank you for this informtion.

Leave a comment:

• hrdickinson
    replied
    US Security Associates

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by zm88 View Post
    Don't get me wrong Cope my experiences are strictly with the Boston area office, and I wish nothing less then the best for you and your guys. Like you said though document everything and if they try and screw ya, get em back 10 fold.
    Thanks. My crew and I will do okay. This could be grand news. I'll PM you, or call you with updates

Leave a comment:

• zm88
    replied
    Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
    As I have posted, I must be in a upbeat mood. Think the best. Hope all will work out okay.Maybe this will greatest of good news for my Officers and myself

For those who have spoken to me in private, and posted messages, thanks!!
    Don't get me wrong Cope my experiences are strictly with the Boston area office, and I wish nothing less then the best for you and your guys. Like you said though document everything and if they try and screw ya, get em back 10 fold.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    As I have posted, I must be in a upbeat mood. Think the best. Hope all will work out okay.Maybe this will greatest of good news for my Officers and myself

For those who have spoken to me in private, and posted messages, thanks!!
    Last edited by copelandamuffy; 01-29-2012, 12:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by zm88 View Post
    They'll try to pay you..they use bank of Wachovia, and you get paid weekly. However they do not do direct deposit and checks bounced frequently when I worked for them. Pay was ridiculous and the run aroubd I was given when trying to get a pair of pants that fit pissed me off. I've worked for some very shady companies but as a national company I expected something more profesional then i was given.
    if anything I remeber from working as a Site Supervisor for Contract Security and Contract Security provider who
    has branch offices from coast to coast, "don't screw with someone's pay check"

An accurate check, and a check that is to the employee on time

A busisness who does not do this can pay an hefty fine for this, I am aware of an employer who did not pay an employee an accurate check. Long story short story, the employer paid the employee "3" times his wages

I drill into my Guards head, sign the time sheet. That is your bible you were at the XYZ factory Sunday 0000-0800

I have learned through the years document, document, document. I email you the Ops. Manager for a pair a pair of pants for Officer Jones, and 2-3-4 weeks goes by and no pants for Officer Jones, then your Field Supervisor had damn well better not write up Officer Jones for being out of uniform
    Last edited by copelandamuffy; 01-29-2012, 12:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• zm88
    replied
    You have a good work ethic. I can see why your in demand.

Working in our business as you stated you get chump change. But as I was told by a Pinkerton Security Officer away back in 1972," you have a job whether the economy is bad or good. The CEO, CFO, the Union Steward leave a factory long before you do"

I can testify to that. I am working at a closed down factory. The bigwigs are gone, The workers are gone
    Long, long time ago. But I am still here.

Whether it is U.S. Security Associates, Allied Barton, Securitas, they have work. Are some not the best to work for.
    But I don't have to sleep with them They are not going on vacation with my wife and I to Phoenix.
    I come to work, do a good job, they pay me on Fridays, and that is about all I ask
    They'll try to pay you..they use bank of Wachovia, and you get paid weekly. However they do not do direct deposit and checks bounced frequently when I worked for them. Pay was ridiculous and the run aroubd I was given when trying to get a pair of pants that fit pissed me off. I've worked for some very shady companies but as a national company I expected something more profesional then i was given.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by sierra49 View Post
    I've worked for them for the past 2.5-3.0 years as an unarmed officer at a call center. No big hassles. Got all of the equipment I needed as I needed. I often get assigned to different sites as a fill-in for suddenly sick or on vacation officers. Gives me a chance for extra hours but they do hate to pay overtime! Exception is when the client is willing to pay extra (ie. short notice/no notice situations).

Hourly pay in this business is notoriously low. I've worked for three different services and none paid well. Benefits in this business are usually less than manufacturing businesses and many other fields.

I've often thought that in this economic condition, the industry could attract employees with a stronger work ethic. They could also beef up their training and presentation elements of the service. They could then use that to improve their service in the client's eyes. Seems it would make the service more valuable to the client. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a security guard.
    You have a good work ethic. I can see why your in demand.

Working in our business as you stated you get chump change. But as I was told by a Pinkerton Security Officer away back in 1972," you have a job whether the economy is bad or good. The CEO, CFO, the Union Steward leave a factory long before you do"

I can testify to that. I am working at a closed down factory. The bigwigs are gone, The workers are gone
    Long, long time ago. But I am still here.

Whether it is U.S. Security Associates, Allied Barton, Securitas, they have work. Are some not the best to work for.
    But I don't have to sleep with them They are not going on vacation with my wife and I to Phoenix.
    I come to work, do a good job, they pay me on Fridays, and that is about all I ask

Leave a comment:

• sierra49
    replied
    US Security OK by me

I've worked for them for the past 2.5-3.0 years as an unarmed officer at a call center. No big hassles. Got all of the equipment I needed as I needed. I often get assigned to different sites as a fill-in for suddenly sick or on vacation officers. Gives me a chance for extra hours but they do hate to pay overtime! Exception is when the client is willing to pay extra (ie. short notice/no notice situations).

Hourly pay in this business is notoriously low. I've worked for three different services and none paid well. Benefits in this business are usually less than manufacturing businesses and many other fields.

I've often thought that in this economic condition, the industry could attract employees with a stronger work ethic. They could also beef up their training and presentation elements of the service. They could then use that to improve their service in the client's eyes. Seems it would make the service more valuable to the client. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a security guard.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    ZM 88:
    I sent you a PM. I am now what you were.

Leave a comment:

• zm88
    replied
    It has been many moons since someone posted info on U.S Securtiy Associates
    I have good and positive vibes asking questions
    ZM 88 I tried PM with my email and go further with questions
    I do know from my home and no more than an hour's drive from my home here in Massachusetts
    there are "5" branch offices
    Did I ever give you my email or did we in fact discuss them? My minds ahot cope, no disrespect. You know how I feel about them, I feel like they're an std to the industry. This is of course based on ny experience with office at the shrafts building and the morons that work there. I had a positive relationship with 3 road supes, that was it.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    It has been many moons since someone posted info on U.S Securtiy Associates
    I have good and positive vibes asking questions
    ZM 88 I tried PM with my email and go further with questions
    I do know from my home and no more than an hour's drive from my home here in Massachusetts
    there are "5" branch offices

Leave a comment:

• Son-Of-A-Pilot
    replied
    I have absolutely no confidence in them whatsoever!!! They have aparently landed some sort of government contract here which requires all officers to have a security clearance. Well, I guess they don't have too much forward thinking becasue I applied for the job and got an immediate call back. The regional office in Birmingham was all about getting me to meet with the regional manager ASAP, who was in the area to staff the new site. After playing phone tag with the man for two days we finally connected and he wanted to meet me and hire me just about immediately. After getting the snow job of a life-time about getting the hours I wanted, the pay I wanted and operational control of the site I asked when he wanted to staff the position. "Next week," he said There's no way the government gave him less than two weeks to staff this site. I know that he had at least a month.

My advice ..... check them out carefully and stay away. Organization may be better or worse from site to site or state to state, but down here they have squat for a reputation. Mall and wharehouse security won't cut it with the government or government contractors.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X