Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Security Associates

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    When I used to work at the local mall, One of our stores was under construction. The construction company had a USSA Guard sitting at a "checkpoint". He was in his 60's I'd say, with his shirt 80% unbuttoned with coffee stains all over it, and covered in crumbs from the sandwich he was inhaling. I asked some question and he just grunted. That's my only experience...
    "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

    Comment


    • #17
      Keith still does run the Northeast. I used to be an Opps Mgr for them in the New England area. I decided to move on...... that was back in the late 90's. They do ok work. Better than some, not as good as others. Like most companies, it really depends on the individual Branch personnel.
      www.oramsecurity.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by SgtUSMC8541 View Post
        Keith still does run the Northeast. I used to be an Opps Mgr for them in the New England area. I decided to move on...... that was back in the late 90's. They do ok work. Better than some, not as good as others. Like most companies, it really depends on the individual Branch personnel.
        It sounds like you know them well! What is that saying about the "Road of good intentions"?
        Richard Dickinson
        Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
        DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
        www.hrdickinson.com

        Comment


        • #19
          When they took over the site I was working at, with Securitas, one of the deals was we would get direct deposit. It took them forever to do it, and whenever we'd call and ask about it, we were told by the office clerk that was a perk reserved for certain officer personnel only! But it finally got done.

          As it is, I have never received any long sleeve shirts. Of the 3 pairs of pants I received, one was too short. The others at my post got these really nice sweater vests. I didn't. And there's been no word on any thing resembling a raise, and I've been there over a year, and only missed 2 days of work during that time. The first one was when my wife had to go to the emergency room, the 2nd was when I had car trouble.

          And yes, the pay sucks.

          Comment


          • #20
            Charging Employees for various costs

            "I stopped by one of their sites in Destin, FL with a freind so he could get an application. I was handed an application so I took it. Read it later and see they require the employee to pay $42.00 for their background check and they charge the employee $11.00 for cleaning and prep. of the uniform they receive. $53.00 out of pocket. Kinda like buying your job? Is this common with security companies?"

            I am new to security and it seems that all the companies will charge you for whatever they feel they need to. I seems pretty bad to me, they charged me $200.00 deposit for $110.00 worth of uniforms. They also charge for all my licensing fees, training costs for commission, I have to purchase my own weapon and ammunition, duty gear and on and on. No risk for the company.
            "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

            "If you want peace, prepare for war"

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by trickshot11 View Post
              sorry...thats why i use the dark orange...thought it was dark enough for everyone
              I like the dark orange and can see it just fine.
              Washington DC

              Comment


              • #22
                I have absolutely no confidence in them whatsoever!!! They have aparently landed some sort of government contract here which requires all officers to have a security clearance. Well, I guess they don't have too much forward thinking becasue I applied for the job and got an immediate call back. The regional office in Birmingham was all about getting me to meet with the regional manager ASAP, who was in the area to staff the new site. After playing phone tag with the man for two days we finally connected and he wanted to meet me and hire me just about immediately. After getting the snow job of a life-time about getting the hours I wanted, the pay I wanted and operational control of the site I asked when he wanted to staff the position. "Next week," he said There's no way the government gave him less than two weeks to staff this site. I know that he had at least a month.

                My advice ..... check them out carefully and stay away. Organization may be better or worse from site to site or state to state, but down here they have squat for a reputation. Mall and wharehouse security won't cut it with the government or government contractors.
                "The Emperor is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress. I am here to put you back on schedule."

                Comment


                • #23
                  It has been many moons since someone posted info on U.S Securtiy Associates
                  I have good and positive vibes asking questions
                  ZM 88 I tried PM with my email and go further with questions
                  I do know from my home and no more than an hour's drive from my home here in Massachusetts
                  there are "5" branch offices
                  http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
                    It has been many moons since someone posted info on U.S Securtiy Associates
                    I have good and positive vibes asking questions
                    ZM 88 I tried PM with my email and go further with questions
                    I do know from my home and no more than an hour's drive from my home here in Massachusetts
                    there are "5" branch offices
                    Did I ever give you my email or did we in fact discuss them? My minds ahot cope, no disrespect. You know how I feel about them, I feel like they're an std to the industry. This is of course based on ny experience with office at the shrafts building and the morons that work there. I had a positive relationship with 3 road supes, that was it.
                    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

                    THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      ZM 88:
                      I sent you a PM. I am now what you were.
                      http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        US Security OK by me

                        I've worked for them for the past 2.5-3.0 years as an unarmed officer at a call center. No big hassles. Got all of the equipment I needed as I needed. I often get assigned to different sites as a fill-in for suddenly sick or on vacation officers. Gives me a chance for extra hours but they do hate to pay overtime! Exception is when the client is willing to pay extra (ie. short notice/no notice situations).

                        Hourly pay in this business is notoriously low. I've worked for three different services and none paid well. Benefits in this business are usually less than manufacturing businesses and many other fields.

                        I've often thought that in this economic condition, the industry could attract employees with a stronger work ethic. They could also beef up their training and presentation elements of the service. They could then use that to improve their service in the client's eyes. Seems it would make the service more valuable to the client. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a security guard.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by sierra49 View Post
                          I've worked for them for the past 2.5-3.0 years as an unarmed officer at a call center. No big hassles. Got all of the equipment I needed as I needed. I often get assigned to different sites as a fill-in for suddenly sick or on vacation officers. Gives me a chance for extra hours but they do hate to pay overtime! Exception is when the client is willing to pay extra (ie. short notice/no notice situations).

                          Hourly pay in this business is notoriously low. I've worked for three different services and none paid well. Benefits in this business are usually less than manufacturing businesses and many other fields.

                          I've often thought that in this economic condition, the industry could attract employees with a stronger work ethic. They could also beef up their training and presentation elements of the service. They could then use that to improve their service in the client's eyes. Seems it would make the service more valuable to the client. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a security guard.
                          You have a good work ethic. I can see why your in demand.

                          Working in our business as you stated you get chump change. But as I was told by a Pinkerton Security Officer away back in 1972," you have a job whether the economy is bad or good. The CEO, CFO, the Union Steward leave a factory long before you do"

                          I can testify to that. I am working at a closed down factory. The bigwigs are gone, The workers are gone
                          Long, long time ago. But I am still here.

                          Whether it is U.S. Security Associates, Allied Barton, Securitas, they have work. Are some not the best to work for.
                          But I don't have to sleep with them They are not going on vacation with my wife and I to Phoenix.
                          I come to work, do a good job, they pay me on Fridays, and that is about all I ask
                          http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
                            You have a good work ethic. I can see why your in demand.

                            Working in our business as you stated you get chump change. But as I was told by a Pinkerton Security Officer away back in 1972," you have a job whether the economy is bad or good. The CEO, CFO, the Union Steward leave a factory long before you do"

                            I can testify to that. I am working at a closed down factory. The bigwigs are gone, The workers are gone
                            Long, long time ago. But I am still here.

                            Whether it is U.S. Security Associates, Allied Barton, Securitas, they have work. Are some not the best to work for.
                            But I don't have to sleep with them They are not going on vacation with my wife and I to Phoenix.
                            I come to work, do a good job, they pay me on Fridays, and that is about all I ask
                            They'll try to pay you..they use bank of Wachovia, and you get paid weekly. However they do not do direct deposit and checks bounced frequently when I worked for them. Pay was ridiculous and the run aroubd I was given when trying to get a pair of pants that fit pissed me off. I've worked for some very shady companies but as a national company I expected something more profesional then i was given.
                            Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

                            THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by zm88 View Post
                              They'll try to pay you..they use bank of Wachovia, and you get paid weekly. However they do not do direct deposit and checks bounced frequently when I worked for them. Pay was ridiculous and the run aroubd I was given when trying to get a pair of pants that fit pissed me off. I've worked for some very shady companies but as a national company I expected something more profesional then i was given.
                              if anything I remeber from working as a Site Supervisor for Contract Security and Contract Security provider who
                              has branch offices from coast to coast, "don't screw with someone's pay check"

                              An accurate check, and a check that is to the employee on time

                              A busisness who does not do this can pay an hefty fine for this, I am aware of an employer who did not pay an employee an accurate check. Long story short story, the employer paid the employee "3" times his wages

                              I drill into my Guards head, sign the time sheet. That is your bible you were at the XYZ factory Sunday 0000-0800

                              I have learned through the years document, document, document. I email you the Ops. Manager for a pair a pair of pants for Officer Jones, and 2-3-4 weeks goes by and no pants for Officer Jones, then your Field Supervisor had damn well better not write up Officer Jones for being out of uniform
                              Last edited by copelandamuffy; 01-29-2012, 12:44 AM.
                              http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                As I have posted, I must be in a upbeat mood. Think the best. Hope all will work out okay.Maybe this will greatest of good news for my Officers and myself

                                For those who have spoken to me in private, and posted messages, thanks!!
                                Last edited by copelandamuffy; 01-29-2012, 12:49 AM.
                                http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X