No announcement yet.

FEMA contract Security, CA fire event.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEMA contract Security, CA fire event.

Anyone know what company, if any, has the contract for FEMA Contract Security Officers for the California Fires Recovery effort?

Ive kinda been wondering the same thing...
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
      Ive kinda been wondering the same thing...
      I will send e-mail and make some phone calls tomorrow. Will post any information here for those interested.

Comment

That might be a good experience.
        "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
        some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
          That might be a good experience.
          Yes, it is. A FEMA Armed Security Officer/Contractor must know the rules, be proficient with assigned equipment, accept less than normal accomidations, be firm but compassionate, not above others, be willing to listen, willing to assist beyond the job at times, share, and be everybodies friend. The money can be good and is the main attracter but you need to have it in your heart to be of service to those in need. Be prepared to leave the situation assignment with fond memories and memories of heart break. O.K. End of lesson.

Comment

I would really be interested in doing this but I'm guessing I would have to leave my current job to do that.
            "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
            some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
              I would really be interested in doing this but I'm guessing I would have to leave my current job to do that.
              That would be up to your current employer. There is a decent chance if I told my employer "I am planning to go to California for 3 months to assist with the Fire efforts with FEMA." I might still have my job waiting for me when I get home.
              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Any word???
                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

If FEMA decides to contract security for and Southern California events, they will have to contract to US Protect. They are the exclusive GSA contractor for the area.

California Security Blog
                  Domain Registration Services

Comment

This was the general consensus on a group I belong to:

Please do not spend to much time trying to get work on contract in
                    Southern Ca. I reside in San Diego, and security companies and ODO's
                    are a dime a dozen. While out and about, I have noticed a few
                    companies providing guards at all types of locations. No need to fly
                    out and try to get on with a company. More then enough locals to do
                    the work. I recommend putting your energy towards working on your
                    resume, training and getting a full time post that you could work for
                    several months or a year.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X