FRB Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRB Police

I have an interview with the Federal Reserve Bank Police this week. Any information on the FRB Police and management positions would be greatly appreciated.

No idea, but I just dropped an app with the FRB Police in Seattle.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

"Basically security guards, albeit armed with M-4s."

I now work with a guy who used to be one of their officers; that quote is straight from his mouth. No off-duty carry or arrest powers. He was mad about the fact they could watch someone get stabbed with a screwdriver directly their front doors, and be forbidden to act other than calling 911. And did.

I applied and interviewed with them last year, and wasn't impressed. A co-worked and I took the test together, and interviewed one right after the other a few weeks later. They called her the next morning with a conditional offer of employment. I waited 4 weeks for a letter or SOMETHING....Finally I called their HR department. I told the woman I pretty much figured out the answer, as the 'academy' started a week from then. She told me I'd get a phone call back from her in less than 30 minutes. This was on a Monday around 0900. No call from her that day. I left her a voicemail each day that week, with no response. The next week, I got an email from them, with my name misspelled, and one line on it:

Sorry we decided to hire another applicant and good luck.

Not even signed with the HR woman's name, but "Talent Management".

I know all the districts are ran differently and require different backgrounds, have different training and in a few cases, aren't compatible.

Not a job if you want to be a 'real cop'...They don't generally do investigations, traffic, etc.

Comment

I heard their pay just stinks.
        Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby View Post
          I heard their pay just stinks.
          According to their website, in Seattle the range is from $29K to a little over $36K, which tranlates roughly to $14-18 an hour.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
            According to their website, in Seattle the range is from $29K to a little over $36K, which tranlates roughly to $14-18 an hour.
            I don't know what the cost of living is out there, but I couldn't afford my mortgage here in MN making that little. But from what I understand, they're paying the same here, which is less then some security jobs.
            Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

They can keep their "cop job". I make more here in security!!
              K9...."Protect all who enter"

Comment

Its not a cop job. Its physical security. The only difference between a GSA Guard II and a FRB Police Officer is one is contract (GSA) and the other is in-house.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                  Its not a cop job. Its physical security. The only difference between a GSA Guard II and a FRB Police Officer is one is contract (GSA) and the other is in-house.
                  And one gets told constantly by federal police officers that "you're just a guard...a civilian", and the other gets spiffy credentials identifying them as a "Federal Law Enforcement Officer".

They also get realistic benefits, but apparently at the expense of a living wage.

And no off-duty carry rights

Comment

Actually, someone I know is in the FRB Academy right now and is slated to graduate here in a few days. He has said they instructed them that they DO have off duty carry rights now, but it has to be their own weapon, not their duty weapon.
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
                      Actually, someone I know is in the FRB Academy right now and is slated to graduate here in a few days. He has said they instructed them that they DO have off duty carry rights now, but it has to be their own weapon, not their duty weapon.
                      Shouldn't matter too much anyway...one would hope that anyone who's an FRB officer would qualify for a regular CCW license.

Comment

Shouldn't matter too much anyway...one would hope that anyone who's an FRB officer would qualify for a regular CCW license.
                        Acctually neither matter, since they are active LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, they fall under House Bill 218, or the LEOSA (Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act). This means that as long as they are currentlly qualified by their department, on their firearm, either personal, or issued, they may carry it leagally trought the entire united states, to include D.C. and NY City. THey cannot be touched. This applies to all active and retired law enforcement officers.
                        Keeping the parking lots safe, hallways moving and the Chik Fil A busy.

Comment

Originally posted by SEO_09 View Post
                          Acctually neither matter, since they are active LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, they fall under House Bill 218, or the LEOSA (Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act). This means that as long as they are currentlly qualified by their department, on their firearm, either personal, or issued, they may carry it leagally trought the entire united states, to include D.C. and NY City. THey cannot be touched. This applies to all active and retired law enforcement officers.
                          I believe you're right there. Thanks for the slap upside the head.

(Wow - I could've had a V8!)

Comment

Indeed. Many federal agencies get special powers under Titles 18, 19, and their respective organization Title for their security forces. The entire idea is to limit the liability of their protective services by giving them police authority. After all, they're agents of the government.

The GSA Guard IIs can be "sworn," but as Occam said before... They're not cops, no matter how much Histfan71 wants to believe he is.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I was just basing my statement about the off-duty carry on what one of their officers told me back in May. They CAN carry their creds home, but their weapons stay at work...They CAN carry a concealed firearm, but not on their creds; they must have an ordinary Concealed Pistol License, just like Joe Citizen.

He told me that if they try using their credentials to carry, or for "professional courtesy", they're out of a job. According to him, their bank (all regions differ on this apparently) doesn't recognize them as having the HR218 carry rights others do. I couldn't wrap my head around this, but he shrugged it off as "the politics within the organization".

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X