Idependent Branch Manager - California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idependent Branch Manager - California

Blackhill Private Security is hiring two (2) Branch Managers for the southern California region. We are based out of Sacramento and are expanding throughout California. Our minimum bill rate for an unarmed guard is $18.50. You will be required to close your own contracts for your branch and work them for yourself or hire employees. We provide you with 24 hour technical and administrative support in order to help you efficiently operate a profitable branch office. We also provide uniforms, stationary, website, workers compensation, and business insurance.

This is not a get rich opportunity. A long term commitment is necessary to grow a branch office.

Here is the link to the official job description:
    http://www.blackhillsecurity.com/ima...escription.pdf

If you are interested in becoming an Independent Branch Manager, please email a BRANCH OFFICE PROPOSAL and RESUME.

What is a branch office proposal?

In order to fully evaluate your qualifications we need a letter describing your proposed branch office. Please do not submit a proposal longer than 2 pages.

Here are some topics that your letter should include:

1. Location - Are you going to work out of your home or lease office space?
    2. Description - Describe the uniqueness of your proposed branch office.
    2. Start-up tasks - What are the steps you will take to obtain contracts?
    3. Personnel - Do you plan to service your own contracts or hire people to work for you?
    4. Supplies - What supplies will be necessary for you to get started?
    5. Miscellaneous - Any information that you would like Blackhill and the State licensing authority to consider.

Sincerely,

Joseph R. Black
    [email protected]

Hopefully you'll be coming back to view this. I have a few questions.

1. Is this an independent contractor relationship, and as such, requires a separate BSIS license?

2. Will the branch be able to use the main company's Worker's Comp and other insurance, or will seperate policies be required? (I know it says above you'll provide insurance, but I'm wondering about the bill rate, branch or aggregate.)

3. Through who is the branch organized? A separate branch LLC/S or C Corp, or though the primary company?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Good questions. It almost sounds like a franchise arrangement.
      Richard Dickinson
      Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
      DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
      www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Answers

1. Is this an independent contractor relationship?

No, this IS NOT an independent contractor relationship. As a branch manager, you are also a security officer employed by Blackhill Private Security. By independent we mean that you are able to negotiate and secure your own contracts using our service mark and hire people to assist you with your branch operation.

2. Will the branch be able to use the main company's Worker's Comp and other insurances?

Yes, the branch offices are included under the main company’s workers compensation and other insurances. The general liability and other insurances contain a separate endorsement for each branch. All operating insurances are expensed to the Branch Offices by Corporate. These fees are calculated monthly, or quarterly, by taking the total expenses and dividing it by the number of security branches.

3. Through who is the branch organized?

The branches are organized through the primary company.

Comment

Ok, this clarifies it a lot, thank you. As H. R. Dickinson noted, it sounded a lot like a franchise operation. With many companies starting for the sole purposes of being sold to larger outfits, I could see where "franchise" would be profitable.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X