Certs on resume?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certs on resume?

Silly question here, anyone else list all of their certs on their resume? I use 2 different resumes, depending on the job:

The short one, just listing recent jobs (aka The Teaser); and
    the long version, with a second page listing all my personal certs, i.e. OCAT, ASP, firearms, training stuff, etc.

Since the place I work offers about 30 differents certs (all of which I've done), and I have a stack of others from previous jobs, is it worth it to add them?

Thoughts and opinions appreciated!

Originally posted by wilrobnson
    Silly question here, anyone else list all of their certs on their resume? I use 2 different resumes, depending on the job:

The short one, just listing recent jobs (aka The Teaser); and
    the long version, with a second page listing all my personal certs, i.e. OCAT, ASP, firearms, training stuff, etc.

Since the place I work offers about 30 differents certs (all of which I've done), and I have a stack of others from previous jobs, is it worth it to add them?

Thoughts and opinions appreciated!
    I want to know what an employee is certified in, what agency certified them, and when their certification expires. This is not only to do best applicant selection, but to get a feeling for how that applicant has been trained.

If you have an applicant who is ASP, OC, DT, CPR, First Responder, AED, 9mm trained, and you stick them on a "warm body" account, they will jeapordize your "warm body" contract - they are trained to do so, and that training WILL kick in when it hits the oscillator.

Alot of companies I've seen apps for specifically as for all certifications.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X