Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kent School District Security (Kent, WA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent School District Security (Kent, WA)

The Kent School District Security Department is currently looking to hire approximately four campus security officers. This is a full time position with full benefits and frequent time-and-a-half overtime available. It is a 9-month position, with all holidays and vacations (including summer) off and paid.

The department and our officers are very squared away. We also work very closely with the Kent Police Department, and the KPD school resource officer works out of our district security office.

For more information, and to apply, please see http://ksd415app.aiportalhost.com/ap...tionsClass.asp (scroll towards the bottom until you see the security officer position). Applications (including a letter of interest and two letters of recommendation) must be received by June 27th, 2007. The department will be conducting testing to consist of a written exam, a physical fitness test, and an oral board on Saturday, July 7th, 2007.

For more information on the security department itself, please visit our Website at http://www.kent.k12.wa.us/KSD/SY/. If you have any questions, please post here or PM me.
    Last edited by LPGuy; 06-23-2007, 04:20 PM.

LP Guy I am very interested in this position. Can you tell me what the base pay is? Is it armed or unarmed?

Comment

Originally posted by wackenhut hickey View Post
      LP Guy I am very interested in this position. Can you tell me what the base pay is? Is it armed or unarmed?
      The base pay is $20.73 per hour; however, since this is a 9-month position, you are in actuality paid $15.55 per hour and you receive 3 paid months off (two months in the summer, two weeks at Christmas, one week for spring break, and one week of miscellaneous federal holidays). When working overtime (there is a lot of it available), you are paid time-and-a-half, which is $31.10 per hour.

During time off, you are free to work a side job if you wish.

Campus security officers are armed with OC spray, carry handcuffs, and are trained in defensive tactics. Our security patrol officers also carry the ASP; however, patrol officer is a promotion from campus officer. Finally, our two security supervisors carry firearms, as does our KPD liason SRO, obviously.

Comment

did Kent SD ever get that crappy lawsuit settled? I would think that bogus lawsuit would effect their hiring or their job duties.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Ledgerwood View Post
          did Kent SD ever get that crappy lawsuit settled? I would think that bogus lawsuit would effect their hiring or their job duties.
          The lawsuit was dropped when the plaintiffs were charged and convicted of felony crimes in criminal court.

It had a minimal impact on our job duties. Now, when we handcuff anyone, we're required to write a short report unless we are already drawing a case on the incident.

Comment

The Kent School District Security Department is looking for more qualified candidates for security officer positions. If you are interested, please call 253-373-7256 and speak with Administrative Assistant Tiffany Phelps. The department is looking to hire several officers within the next week, so act soon if you are interested in applying!

Note that the job requisition is no longer posted on the Website, but you will still be considered for employment by calling the above phone number. You will then receive further directions on what to submit to be considered.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X