I need a JOB!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
    Many of the large retailers pay their Regional LP people and above salaries in the six figures. Salaries in LP have advanced in the past 8 or so years.
    Good point, Curtis and there are certainly more of those positions than the ones to which I referred. For the record, by the way, by LE I meant public law enforcement. I didn't even consider LP. I guess I spent too many years on the contract side!
    Richard Dickinson
    Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
    DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
    www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Originally posted by hrdickinson View Post
      Good point, Curtis and there are certainly more of those positions than the ones to which I referred. For the record, by the way, by LE I meant public law enforcement. I didn't even consider LP. I guess I spent too many years on the contract side!
      I made much more money in retail loss prevention than I ever did in public law enforcement, but then when I entered LE it was not for the money.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

If I had the time to acquire a CJ degree there would be no way in hell I would waste it in Security, rant on but just my personal feelings on this!

Comment

Just because they are your personal feelings, doesnt mean they can't be misguided. There are plenty of jobs in Security that are MUCH more well to do than most law enforcement jobs.

Obviously if you have a CJ Degree, you wouldn't want to waste it on a 5.25/hr observe and report job at some empty warehouse where your relief is some 86 year old who uses a walker, but that's not what all security is. With a CJ degree there are a lot of security positions that open with a LOT of money to be made.
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X