Good Bad in Sacramento?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Bad in Sacramento?

Just got hired on with Bayer. Not the greatest wage. Anyone know which companies to avoid and which to apply to around here?

A lot depends on what you are looking for. Unarmed or armed? O&R only or something more proactive? What permits do you have? What is your level of experience? I live in Sac and work in Citrus Heights. Feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by Andy Taylor; 05-30-2007, 10:47 AM. Reason: added info
    "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

I don't know a whole lot about California security, but I know we have many members who are in Cali. If you are new to the security industry, you will have to accept the fact that you will likely be starting from the bottom. In the meantime, learn as much as you can about the basics (report writing, field notes, observation skills, verbal judo, etc). In fact, I have a spare IFPO Protection Officer Training Manual that I would gladly give to you. If you are interested, send me a PM.
      "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

I have all the permits, baton, gun etc. So far the only interest I've seen is from unarmed firms. I don't have any problem with doing unarmed security, its just the wage differential that bothers me.

I landed a nice mon fri position. Low pay but at least I can go to school nights and work on getting some more education.

Weird part is, I havent been drug tested, background checked or anything. And its at a medical faciltiy where I'm around a lot people. I bet they have no clue what they're getting for their money.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X