Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dla4122
    replied
    I hear ya, they kinda make me break out in little red oozing dots. So I avoid them as much as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by dla4122
    Ever thought about Corrections? Great job, benefits, and excitement.
    Sorry. I'm allergic to shanks.

Leave a comment:

• bluecardholderillinois
    replied
    initial security

I worked for initial in springfield illinois.what about their rehire policy.
    I had resign to move to arkansas,where i worked for burns international.
    So i have tried geting back with initial since coming back to illinois.
    but have not ben able to do so.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    No weapons? What about on transport, medical runs, court dates? No Carry on Person Chemical Agents?
    The sheriff's union prevents non-sworn personnel from doing those duties. It cuts into the deputy's overtime and cuts jobs for deputy sheriffs. Kenosha County Corrections wants deputy status to transport prisoners, and the deputy union is bitterly against it - it will mean less overtime potential for sworn deputies.

There are deputies in the correctional facilities, very few, for when something happens and a law enforcement officer is needed. In the jail intake, its a Deputy Sheriff doing the booking processing. The jailers are merely there to run the jails.

The WPPA (Police Union) has been lobbying for Wisconsin State Prison Guards to be placed in the "protective services occupation" definitions for the state pension plan. In other words, state prison guards are not law enforcement or peace officers and do not collect LE pensions or disability. Worker's Comp only.

Leave a comment:

• hrdickinson
    replied
    Company in Wisconsin

Originally posted by wisconsinite
    I already applied at Strategic Protection in January. They didn't hire me. Initial Security always has an ad in the paper, but they have nothing I feel I'd like, or excel at. I worked for them also, back in 1998. Given my "rehire" status, I'd be given "preferential treatment". But now they're wasting my time. As far as Loomis Fargo goes, I do not want to carry a sidearm. Too much risk and liability. Plus getting firearm certified is a hassle, considering the pay differences arent that great.
    Hey Wisconsinite, have you tried Per Mar Security? They are based in Davenport, Iowa but have fairly extensive operations in Wisconsin. They are a class outfit. Here is a link to their website: http://www.permarsecurity.com/index.html

Leave a comment:

• dla4122
    replied
    Wow....

No weapons? What about on transport, medical runs, court dates? No Carry on Person Chemical Agents?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    In this neck of the woods, Corrections is run by "Jailers," or "Corrections Officers." Basically, say it with me: Jail Guard. They are not sworn officers, hold no arrest authority, no authority to carry weapons beyond a private citizen, and basically are the same as security officers.

Some Sheriff's Departments deputize the jailers, but most do not. They are a seperate department, called "House of Corrections."

Leave a comment:

• bluecardholderillinois
    replied
    initial security

I used to work ini tial in springfield il.

Leave a comment:

• dla4122
    replied
    Idea

Leave a comment:

• ycaso77
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Folks, keep in mind that Wisconsinite (The only guy replying to this thread anymore) is in Wisconsin.

I feel for him. Most of the unarmed shops around here cringe at anything more than a basic idiot. Its sad.
    I don't know where he is in Wisconsin, but the Americas Job Bank listings have positions listed for several security positions posted on the 2nd and ones from earlier.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Folks, keep in mind that Wisconsinite (The only guy replying to this thread anymore) is in Wisconsin.

I feel for him. Most of the unarmed shops around here cringe at anything more than a basic idiot. Its sad.

Leave a comment:

• hrdickinson
    replied
    Security Job Help

Have you tried Tenable Security? Their number is (330) 245-0325. I don't know if they're hiring in Akron, but I know the management and as far as I can tell, they are a high quality company.

Leave a comment:

• scops8273
    replied
    Loomis Fargo

Plus Loomis Fargo is owned by Securitas.

I already applied at Strategic Protection in January. They didn't hire me. Initial Security always has an ad in the paper, but they have nothing I feel I'd like, or excel at. I worked for them also, back in 1998. Given my "rehire" status, I'd be given "preferential treatment". But now they're wasting my time. As far as Loomis Fargo goes, I do not want to carry a sidearm. Too much risk and liability. Plus getting firearm certified is a hassle, considering the pay differences arent that great.

Leave a comment:

• wisconsinite
    replied
    OK...here's my deal

Leave a comment:

• ff000525
    replied
    Originally posted by wisconsinite
    OK, here's my deal...5 months ago, I lost my job, that I've held for 5 and a half years. My question is, WHY is it taking me SO long to get a job again? I have applied to almost 80% of the security jobs in the metro Milwaukee, WI area. I have slightly more than 8 years of security experience. I have the ability to perform incident/accident report writing that includes interviewing witnesses, victims and suspects. I have experience with suspect detainment, foot patrol, vehicle patrol and crime deterrence. Also with CCTV with stationary and PTZ cameras, two-way radio etiquette, desk dispatch, telephone operations, computer-based fire and duress alarm response, crime in progress response and medical emergency response. I am also CPR and AED certified.
    So, I ask you all, with all my knowledge, WHY isn't my phone ringing off the hook with interview offers????????
    What type of job are you looking for? I know that Strategic Protection Agency is hiring (third shift alarm response). Loomis&Fargo and American Security are hiring for cash handling. Everyone else is right.... you sound way too overqualified for a basic SO position. When I put my resume into Inital Security (who is always hiring by the way) the girl says to me, uh... we're not hiring for anything other than basic security officer... I said "I know".

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X