X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Because he wants to you go to his site so that you generate revenue from the multitude of ads on it. Thankfully, AdBlock prevents him from getting revenue when I visit, which is rare.
    I'm not sure I quite understand, Nate. Are you saying there's something wrong with someone earning an income from providing a legitimate Web-based information service?

If it's wrong, then what justification is there for your own Web-based business service, which I don't believe you give away?

And, if it's not wrong to provide an information service, and particularly information that is free to the user because it is supported by ads (which I actually appreciate), then why would he be expected by any of us to come here and simply give away the information product that he's worked to develop?

And...more to the point...why should anyone develop information products for this industry if we're going to criticize them for doing so?

...or if we're going to steal their information by republishing it without permission. To the individual who visited the site and then republished the whole job specification here, I have to ask: Did you have permission to do this? If not, it's not only a cheap trick to pull on someone, but it's also a violation of copyright laws (something I thought you were big on, Nate, but I don't see any comment from you about copyright in this particular instance of probable violation).

I'm totally 'Splain it to me, Lucy!
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 05-08-2007, 07:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Because he wants to you go to his site so that you generate revenue from the multitude of ads on it. Thankfully, AdBlock prevents him from getting revenue when I visit, which is rare.
    Good to know that someone else understands his motives

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FireEMSPolice
    replied
    Why not post all of the job posting?
    ==============================================

https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/c...dsToHighlight=

Senior Manager Security Operations – West Coast posted 3/27/2007
    Burbank, CA

JOB DESCRIPTION

Senior Manager Security Operations – West Coast
    The Walt Disney Company, REQ: 77299
    Burbank, CA

The Senior Manager Security Operations is responsible for the security and safety of cast members and the protection of company assets for all non-theme park locations all areas of the West Coast of the United States including Burbank, Glendale and Los Angeles. The Director will employ a strong strategic and analytical approach in recommending, developing, implementing and overseeing corporate policies and procedures, maximizing the value of centralized services, building consensus among business units and creating synergy.

Primary Functions and Responsibilities

• Define and deliver security and safety services by evaluating threats, assessing risks, then planning, implementing and evaluating the Security and Crisis Management functions for all non-theme park locations and lines of business in this region of the United States.

• Responsible for physical security measures employed throughout the region, as well as the personal safety of employees.

• Establish Executive Protection arrangements within the region and provide advice to assist with existing Executive Protection arrangements for visiting senior executives of the Company.

• Accomplish department objectives by establishing action plans, timetables, and outcome measurements; obtaining and allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.

• Achieve financial objectives by establishing objectives; developing and monitoring budgets; controlling and reducing costs; optimizing use of department assets.

• Contribute to team effort by offering information and opinion as a member of senior management; integrating objectives with other functions; accomplishing special projects as needed.

• Maintain department results by recruiting and selecting key managers; coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.

• Solidify existing relationships with law enforcement liaisons, Line of Business executives by actively engaging in dialogue and by supporting key initiatives and activities.

• Work closely with Disney CORE Services on construction and real estate projects, providing appropriate security recommendations and support.

• Provide appropriate support to Corporate Anti-Piracy strategies, liaising with relevant external agencies where necessary.

Knowledge and Skills

• Minimum 10 - 15 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within the security field including 5 years of experience leading a comparable sized organization

• Bachelor’s degree required.

• Demonstrated track record in dealing with the effective communication of complex organizational and human resource issues

• Assimilates and synthesizes information rapidly and recognizes the complexity in issues, challenges assumptions and faces up to reality

• Continually searches for ways to add value and to position the organization for future success

• Deals effectively with ambiguity and learns from success and failure

• Demonstrates resiliency and sound judgment in dealing with business and corporate challenges

• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills

• Demonstrated track record of partnering with various organizations within a large global corporate environment to achieve specific goals and objectives

• Strong business knowledge and acumen

• Links functional strategy with larger organizational strategy

• Effectively manages integrated change and solves problems

• Strong leadership and influence skills

• Builds trust and instills self-confidence through mutual respect and ongoing communication

• Capable of handling multiple, complex and paradoxical situations

• Proven track record of managing and developing employees

Leave a comment:

• Job Alert
    started a topic Senior Manager Security Operations – West Coast

Senior Manager Security Operations – West Coast

The Senior Manager Security Operations is responsible for the security and safety of cast members and the protection of company assets for all non-theme park locations all areas of the West Coast of the United States including Burbank, Glendale and Los Angeles. The Director will employ a strong strategic and analytical approach in recommending, developing, implementing and overseeing corporate policies and procedures, maximizing the value of centralized services, building consensus among business units and creating synergy.
    For more info go to: www.bodyguardcareers.com

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X