Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zm88
    replied
    They’re like any other large company, you have good people and not so good people in the branches. Try getting into the hospital like you mentioned especially if it’s an in house department. CondoGuard hit the nail on the head, make sure you shop around for a decent pay rate and confirm that rate when you sign the offer.

Leave a comment:

• OfficerD
    replied
    I am planning on applying for security at one of my local hospitals if and when either of them are hiring again, the securitas was only till that opened up. Thanks for the advice!

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    It is a mixed bag - read the Indeed and other reviews for the office in your area - those will be more accurate. It really does depend on the local office and what contracts they have. Securitas may offer a higher wage for certain contracts, but you may or may not be assigned to that site once you're hired. OT is easier to get, but you may be assigned to to a site far from where you live, so you eat up any extra pay in gas, bus fare or time.

I've met very good Securitas and Allied guards who were happy with their jobs. I've met Securitas and Allied guards who were very unhappy. You may be working with people who are just there to get a paycheck, and will do the absolute minimum to stay employed (or not).

If you have to do contract security do it, then apply for an in house position when you have enough experience. That's what I did.
    Last edited by Condo Guard; 06-17-2020, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OfficerD
    started a topic Securitas or no?

Securitas or no?

Hello. So, I am looking at security officer jobs in my area and most of them are offered by the securitas in my town. However, I have heard that big companies like securitas, g4s, and allied all suck to work at. What are some ups and downs of working for a large company like that?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X