X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oathkeeper2013
    started a topic McGills K-9 Security and Rank Investigations

McGills K-9 Security and Rank Investigations

Well, it's been quite awhile since I've been on the forum. Howdy, everyone!

Quick question... I'm currently looking to get back into the private security industry on a part-time basis. I've been full-time as a DoD police officer since 6/2017 and I'd eventually like to become a canine handler within my agency, but before I apply to a canine handler position, I'd like to get some experience working either directly as a handler, or in some support capacity with a K-9 team. Most (but not all) federal LEO canine handler billets require you to have 1 year of experience as a handler or working in support of a canine team.

The two companies that I've found near my location in the San Francisco Bay Area are McGills K9 Security in San Francisco and Rank Investigations, which offers K9 security, in Modesto. Has anyone heard of them and if so, can you tell me how their hiring process is and perhaps what it is like working for the company?

Thanks!

• Squid
    replied
    Originally posted by Soper View Post
    Squid, you know NOTHING about canines and their use. You are making things up as usual. Instead of wasting everyone’s time posting Clownshoes comments, try, just try for once, to post something that is based in reality.

ANYONE WHO TAKES ADVICE FROM SQUID, LONE WOLF, OR LUNCH MEAT, REGARDING SECURITY IS A FOOL AND WILL END UP BEING FIRED OR CHARGED CRIMINALY. You have been warned.
    thx for giving NO useful anything, again.

"but then again IIRC if you want to become real K-9 cop you can only have that one (issued) dog in your household."

I'd like to ad that an ex-roommate of mine was 86ed out of his shared house, along with rest of roomies who were all "ideal tenants", because the LL was an ex-Cop and his cousin who was about to become a K-9 Kop needed "his own house" as part of that. No "roomies" allowed for K-9 Kops. Not sure if it also had to be "real house" as in own private backyard, but this house was.

Something to consider, given housing prices.

I'm a natural with dogs. Some of us got it and some don't.

Leave a comment:

• Soper
    replied
    Squid, you know NOTHING about canines and their use. You are making things up as usual. Instead of wasting everyone’s time posting Clownshoes comments, try, just try for once, to post something that is based in reality.

ANYONE WHO TAKES ADVICE FROM SQUID, LONE WOLF, OR LUNCH MEAT, REGARDING SECURITY IS A FOOL AND WILL END UP BEING FIRED OR CHARGED CRIMINALY. You have been warned.

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    replied
    some outfit was hiring Guards for SF construction sites where they would drop off a K-9 and pick the dog back up before end of your shift. No prior exp required.

about year ago I called Contra Costa animal control while on duty and the guy mentioned CCAC was hiring, pretty minimal qualifications, just had to have "some" (any) prior exp with animals. I told him my first job was at a tropical fish store when I was 15 and he said "that would qualify".

I'd think having and training your own K-9 would be the obvious, but then again IIRC if you want to become real K-9 cop you can only have that one (issued) dog in your household.

Get a dog and train as K-9 and take on Mobile Patrol. LOTS of ads for that in SF Craigslist.

I was at a site with big problem with dirtbags jumping fence. Place was 100s yards and you'd need 6 guards to watch fence. I suggested would be great for someone with a dog, since lots of low function folks have a dog they "can't leave home alone because it barks" etc. However, clients were degenerates and "guard who is also dog owner" somehow morphed into them wanting me to "get a dog" which would just be left on site. Dirtbags had pitbulls so this was about to turn into me managing illegal dog fights and betting for my client.

But I still think watch dog would be great for such posts. People are very afraid of the superhuman detection powers of a dog. Fence rattles and they heard that dog barking and coming closer and they will bail.

Some wont allow your own dog, just find the one that will. Might help if its not an "attack dog" breed, just a sniffer. Click image for larger version  Name:	flash.jpg Views:	1 Size:	10.1 KB ID:	247093
    Last edited by Squid; 01-20-2019, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X