Armed Security Companies Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armed Security Companies Review

I don’t know if this is the proper place to post this, and I posted in another section (I’m not trying to upset anyone with cross posting) but I wanted to start a discussion about different companies and contract sites. I am about to move to Virginia and I’m curious about the several armed security companies I see in Virginia. Where I currently live there aren’t very many companies around except the bigger corporations. I’m 25 and have prior law enforcement and military experience. Here in NY I haven’t been too impressed by the companies and contract sites. Some of them are poorly run to say the least, and some imposs dangerous policies like not allowing officers to wear ballistic vests. I’m going to be looking for a full time security position while I’m working at getting back into LE, and I honestly would prefer doing security where I actually have to do something. I’m not too fond of sitting behind a desk 24/7, or in a shack. I’d like to be out in the community or in a housing area or something of that matter. If someone could point out what companies I should look into and what ones to avoid I would be greatly appreciated. Also I’m down to discussing companies and policies and whatnot as well.

See if your state has a company called Paragon. They are owned by Securitas, but pretty much exclusively do armed federal contracts. They prefer LE and ex-military. Every guy I've met has been squared away, and the pay is good.

Comment

Thank you! Yes Virginia does have Paragon around the Richmond area. I saw a couple job postings for them and was definitely thinking of applying. I knew they were owned by another company and that’s what made me a tad hesitant. I’ve worked for several of the bigger companies (Allied Barton now Allied Universal, Securitas, and G4S) and was not impressed at all. I feel like it was probably less the company and more the management I had though. They imposed ridiculously unsafe rules on us, that got us into some really hairy situations. My last post the boss wouldn’t let us wear vests, even under our uniforms... and he had a habit of putting smaller female officers on solo posts at night. Where I work right now isn’t exactly safe, and I had to floor it from one site to another one night to back up another officer who was alone and getting her ass kicked. Thank you for the info though, I’ll definitely check them out! I’ve been reading a lot of reviews on the companies down there... unfortunately some of the smaller companies have like no reviews.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X