Weirdest interview question you've gotten

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weirdest interview question you've gotten

I've noticed in interviewing over the years that security positions always seem to have one oddball question that is meant to see how you react to situations or to test your ability to think on your feet. Its usually a scenario type, i.e. "You come around the corner and see X, what do you do?" Some I assume are addressing the last problem they had with staff (I was recently asked how I handle gossip; I don't think I've ever been asked that before). Some are hard to answer because they tend to be vague, and without knowing their department's procedures, I go with some variation of "approach with caution / observe and report / ask for back-up, etc.."

What's an odd interview question you got and how did you answer? Did you ever find out what it was actually about?

One question I've always asked....Do you ever lie?
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
      One question I've always asked....Do you ever lie?
      this is the Kobayashi maru of interview questions. If you say yes your honest about lying and if you say no then your lying about your lying. It is more about seeing how the applicant responds to stress and is quick thinking.
      Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
      Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

Originally posted by psycosteve View Post

this is the Kobayashi maru of interview questions. If you say yes your honest about lying and if you say no then your lying about your lying. It is more about seeing how the applicant responds to stress and is quick thinking.
        I never knew it was in a manual somewhere. I started asking that question in 1982. Maybe they got it from me. Since it comes from fictional Star Trek I think they got it from me. "SHOW ME THE MONEY."
        Last edited by Curtis Baillie; 04-04-2018, 07:23 AM.
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
          I never knew it was in a manual somewhere. I started asking that question in 1982. Maybe they got it from me. Since it comes from fictional Star Trek I think they got it from me. "SHOW ME THE MONEY."
          This was referenced in Star Trek TOS back in the 70's so be glad that Paramount has not gone after you for IP infringements.
          Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
          Spiro Agnew

Why yes I am a glorified babysitter , I am here to politely ask you to follow the rules , if not daddy comes to spank you and put you in time out its your choice - Me

Luck is a red hair woman , if you ever dated one you know there remarkably dangerous , my personal preference is to be competent and let luck join the ride if she so chooses .- Clint Smith

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X