Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Jobs

http://www.seattletimes.com/nwshowca...-scams-abound/

Couple of interesting tips - for one, never give out your social security number unless you are filling out legitimate paperwork from a known company. Never pay for an interview or a "starter pack" as part of the application process.

And, as we've discussed on this forum, watch out for a fancy or inflated job title when the duties are clearly for a "worker bee." "Security Concierge" seems to be popular in Seattle; this can be a legitimate title for a high end security officer with excellent customer service skills, or it can be a con for a bellboy with a badge.

Craig's List seems to be the place for anonymous companies with vague positions for anonymous locations - I don't know why they allow it, but I guess as long as your $25.00 payment clears, you're good to go.

CL guard jobs in SF area are legit, but I guess they allow free job postings out in Modesto because it was flooded with fake jobs.

If you see tons of jobs at over the normal pay rate without good company logo, etc its fake.

PS-IFAIK they are just fishing for emails of real people, but I'm sure lots of folks sent ALL their ID info.
    Last edited by Squid; 04-03-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Sometimes they steal images etc from real companies too to try to make the posting seem more legit.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X