X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by officerchick View Post
    Ah, well then, there you go. I thought it was some sort of play on dotcom. Shows what I know, huh?
    Yeah, OC - what the heck's wrong with you anyway, not knowing the names of all the counties in the country?! Get with it!

Leave a comment:

• officerchick
    replied
    Originally posted by Lawson View Post
    Whatcom is the name of a County in Washington State, I doubt they have officers in other states.
    Ah, well then, there you go. I thought it was some sort of play on dotcom. Shows what I know, huh?

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Fox
    replied
    Originally posted by antiwhatcomsecurity View Post
    HAHAHAHA, that is such a huge lie, i worked for whatcom security and trust me, we were not issued any of this stuff. I was given 1 shirt, 1 pair of pants, a badge and collar devices and we had to use personal cell phone if anything happended. The only thing worse than how ill equipped we were was how ill trained we were, we had 8 hours of training(of which an hour and a half was used for lunch) were we watched a video and signed some paperwork. It is a joke of a security company and I would not recommend it to anybody
    As Tony's former Patrol Manager I can attest to what he says as the truth. There is a definite difference between the North and South Divisions. Normally the company does not issue the equipment but will let you carry it after the training. Tony does provide training for OC, baton and DT, but so far that has been isolated to the south end (and isn't being supported by upper management any longer from what I understand). There is a core of very dedicated and reliable people that work in the south end, but there is a LOT of turn over. Hopefully the new Ops Manager can stop the bleeding

Leave a comment:

• TheRegulator
    replied
    Washington State only...

Exactly. The company HQ is in Whatcom County (Bellingham), and we have regional offices in Everett, WA (Snohomish County), Seattle (King County) and Wenatchee (Douglas County). We cover ONLY the State of Washington at this time.

Whatcom is the name of a County in Washington State, I doubt they have officers in other states.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by officerchick View Post
    TRM, is your company specificaly in the North? Any branches in Texas? You've probably already said and I just missed it.

Leave a comment:

• officerchick
    replied
    TRM, is your company specificaly in the North? Any branches in Texas? You've probably already said and I just missed it.

Leave a comment:

• TheRegulator
    replied
    Oh my...

Thanks Corbier. To an extent, what you said is absolutely correct, in that the three branches that we maintain, Bellingham, Wenatchee and Everett do run some what differently. I am not sure who this person is, considering our company has about 500 regular service employees, and there is coming and going from time to time, but needless to say, it's usually the people who we have fired for misconduct who end up posting messages such as this, or any of a number of other insidious activities. As the now Regional Director and Branch Manager for the southern division of my company, I stand by my original post as the complete truth. Anyone who knows the command staff of our local police agencies, or any of a number of various civic, municipal or business leaders will testify to this as well. It is unfortunate that this person appears to have a bad experience. TRM

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    Considering your IP comes back to Oklahoma... What Whatcom did you work for? One branch can be run totally different than another.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by antiwhatcomsecurity View Post
    HAHAHAHA, that is such a huge lie, i worked for whatcom security and trust me, we were not issued any of this stuff. I was given 1 shirt, 1 pair of pants, a badge and collar devices and we had to use personal cell phone if anything happended. The only thing worse than how ill equipped we were was how ill trained we were, we had 8 hours of training(of which an hour and a half was used for lunch) were we watched a video and signed some paperwork. It is a joke of a security company and I would not recommend it to anybody
    Considering your IP comes back to Oklahoma... What Whatcom did you work for? One branch can be run totally different than another.

Leave a comment:

• antiwhatcomsecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRegulator View Post
    I am the Director of Quality Control / Operations for Whatcom Security Agency. We are a division of Parker Corporate Services, which owns several other companies. My Officers DO NOT perform janitorial duties, that is what Action Cleaning Services and our other cleaning agencies are responsible for doing.

My Security Officers are responsible for safeguarding life and property, observing, detecting, deterring and reporting. A check of Washington State's web site will show that we actually have several armed Security Officers, in addition to my training and equipping our Officers with a comprehensive defensive tactics program, a solid use of force policy, OC, batons, handcuffs and Tasers (I'm a certified instructor and ILEETA member), and we utilize top notch trainers from other organizations to round out our training and certification programs..

On the last note, my Officers are all equipped with top of the line, tri-network / redundant walkie-talkies and cellular telephones with GPS. Our patrolmen have GPS enabled lap tops with two ways in the car and on their persons... We leave nothing to chance, and don't play games with our Officers lives, or our clients properties.

Just figured I'd throw this out there, since you were completely off base and incorrect about the professional security organization that I proudly manage. Take care, and best wishes in your future endeavors. TRM

Leave a comment:

• TheRegulator
    replied
    Finally, an answer!

RRRT stands for Regional Rapid Response Team. As for the 'one "no" per pay period', that means that if you are a member of the RRRT, you are allowed to tell the Scheduler "no" when you are called for service one time during each pay period for exigent circumstances or other pre-determined reasons that are considered acceptable under policy. Otherwise, the positions pay 1-3 dollars more than entry level in order to insure that the Officer is truly 'on call 24 / 7 / 365, but compensates for the real life variables that we all have in our availability. There is no shortage of work right now, so we are still hiring for these RRRT positions throughout my region (Snohomish, King and Pierce County), to include those with armed licenses. Thanks, and I apologize for the delay in answering your question directly. TRM

Ive seen that ad a few times... what exactly is RRRT? And what do they mean one "no" per pay period?

Leave a comment:

• darkenna
    replied
    Originally posted by Longbow11 View Post
    BHR Lawson, RRRT means Regional Rapid Response Team. As for the one "no" per pay period, I have not a clue. Could be a miss print, or a code like the da vinci code.
    I'd hazard a guess that, since it's an "on-call" position, once very pay period (be it one week, 2 weeks, 1/2 month, whatever), they can call you to roll out and you have the option of saying "no, I can't make it" for any reason, or no reason, and that this is acceptable by Company standards.

I also imagine that there are legitimate emergency reasons to say no that would be acceptable as well, such as, "I can't... I just got to the hospital where my 4-yr old is being stitched up," "Sorry, boss, but I just got in a car accident and just finished giving my statement to the PO, he's interviewing the other guy now," or "No can do... know that blonde receptionist from Site 41? Yeah, the one with the piercings? Well, they do go all the way down... yup, see you tomorrow. Thanks boss!"

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
    Ive seen that ad a few times... what exactly is RRRT? And what do they mean one "no" per pay period?
    BHR Lawson, RRRT means Regional Rapid Response Team. As for the one "no" per pay period, I have not a clue. Could be a miss print, or a code like the da vinci code.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    TBH that 18+ per hour for the armed work sounds awfully good compared to wages in my area... (Not to mention my own wage.. ) But there's no way in the-other-word-for-heck that I'd be willing to relocate to the Seattle area... Been there enough times to know that I couldn't stand living there. No offense of course.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheRegulator
    replied
    Jobs!

Since this IS a jobs thread after all, we are hiring! See below for info:

Come grow with the best in Security - Patrol, On Site & Managers!

Whatcom Security Agency is recruiting Security Officers, Patrol Officers and Managers for a variety of positions:

Assigned to a fixed site, vehicle patrol, Quality Control or a Regional Rapid Response Team for expedited deployment.

Here are the details:

$9 to 11 dollars to start, or 11-$13 per hour MINIMUM for our Patrol & RRRT members - $18 per hour and up if you have an armed license and are assigned to an armed site! Work part time, full time, however much YOU want!

Quality Control management positions are currently open also! Pay DOE / DOQ.

For Regional Rapid Response Team members:

One "no" per pay period allowed
    Respond to last minute calls for service, critical incidents or emergency situations
    Must have reliable transportation available 24 hours per day (at a moments notice), a valid drivers license, a working home phone and/or a cell phone
    These openings will require you to be available for short notice, on call work and be prepared to travel to the required job sites.
    You will need to be available 24 hours a day, for ALL shifts, this includes graveyard shifts at short notice.

We provide free or low cost training in:
    Crisis Management
    ASP Baton
    OC (pepper spray)
    Handcuffing
    Taser
    Firearm
    Report writing
    Patrol Techniques
    Legal aspects of the use of force
    Physical Security
    Counter-Terrorism and Homeland Security

Experienced officers are needed IMMEDIATELY!

We have multiple openings for new and existing contracts in Snohomish and King County: Stanwood, Arlington, Marysville, Everett, Snohomish, Woodinville, Lynnwood, Seattle, Burien, Renton and more.

We are an industry leader in providing quality, cost effective short and long term contract security personnel, private investigators, armed guards, ATM and alarm response and executive protection agents for ANY client need.

We have immediate FULL OR PART TIME WORK available NOW!

WSA provides the finest in pro-active, community oriented and custom tailored physical security and patrol services in Western Washington.

Our Officers are highly trained, with a comprehensive, documented Basic Security Officer, Field Training Officer, Basics of Management, and other innovative programs. We also offer many low cost defensive tactics courses (OC spray, batons, crisis intervention, tactical handcuffing and Taser) by a certified instructor.

You will work with an excellent management staff that cares about doing the job right and respecting its employees. Our Quality Control team consists of over 110 years of combined security, law enforcement and military experience.

We've worked for the rest, now we run the best! Tired of being treated like a number by our big national competitors? Tired of local companies that don't treat their clients or employees with respect? If you're a man or woman who wants to grow professionally in the security field, then please apply at WSA today.

Here's what you need to know:

*We're looking for a resume that shows steady work history, mature ability to work with people, have a keen eye for details and wants steady employment.

*You must be physically fit, able to stand and walk throughout your shift.

*You must have a clean criminal history record, and have the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays and the ability to become a licensed Washington State Security Officer.

*We're looking for people who pay attention to detail, can write short reports and can communicate and relate well with diverse groups of client contacts and customers of our client.

*You must have reliable transportation and a working phone so we can contact you.

* All full time positions include medical benefits eligibility after 90 days, direct deposit, vacation pay (after one year of service, credit union membership, and company matched 401(k)).

*Wages (higher rates for on call status) depend on experience and shift. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.

Please apply at our:

South Seattle Office (Inside the Executive Support Center)
    14900 Interurban Ave South, Suite 291
    Tukwila, WA 98168

or our Everett Regional Office

Whatcom Security Agency
    1902 120th Pl SE Suite 203
    Everett, WA 98208

Call us Toll Free for directions of more information:
    1-866-918-9300 and ask for Lieutenant David Langham

For more information about WSA, or to apply on line, please visit http://www.whatcomsecurity.com/

Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2008-03-23, 11:05AM PDT

Compensation: $9 to 18 per hour DOE / DOQ
    Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X