No announcement yet.

Seattle-area job questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been awhile since I last posted on here but if you are looking for a good job in the Seattle area then apply at Boeing.

Requirements for Boeing Security:

Minimum age 21 (were all armed)
    Able to obtain security clearance after employment
    High school / GED
    Valid Drivers license
    Valid Concealed Weapons Permit

For more info go to Boeing.com

As a security officer for them for over 2 1/2 years, I can tell you it is by far the best security job you will ever find in this state. Can't beat the pay (start out at 14.50/hr) or benefits. Can't go into much detail about that but when you top out your making a nice chunk of change. Its also proprietary so you would be a Boeing employee not contract. Worth looking into if you meet the requirements. We are currently hiring. PM me if you want more info.

Comment

You might also want to check out Harborview Medical Center Public Safety (operated by the University of Washington). They are hiring right now and run a very professional department. It is a State job and has excellent benefits and retirement. Starting salary is $16.17 and the job maxes out at $21.56/hour. There is going to be a pay increase next month that will raise the maximum up to around $24.00/hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Investigation View Post
        You might also want to check out Harborview Medical Center Public Safety (operated by the University of Washington). They are hiring right now and run a very professional department. It is a State job and has excellent benefits and retirement. Starting salary is $16.17 and the job maxes out at $21.56/hour. There is going to be a pay increase next month that will raise the maximum up to around $24.00/hour.
        I met a Harborview guy once when I was in Seattle...I think he'd been in the Federal security service previously. Very sharp individual and from the way he described the department, I gathered there were more like him. Harborview is one of, if not the, major trauma center for Seattle and I guess their ER is one of the busiest on the West coast.

Sounds like a class operation. Based on what you say about salaries, they should have no problem keeping up that high standard.
        Last edited by SecTrainer; 05-28-2007, 04:40 AM.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Ledgerwood View Post
          Been awhile since I last posted on here but if you are looking for a good job in the Seattle area then apply at Boeing.

Requirements for Boeing Security:

Minimum age 21 (were all armed)
          Able to obtain security clearance after employment
          High school / GED
          Valid Drivers license
          Valid Concealed Weapons Permit

For more info go to Boeing.com

As a security officer for them for over 2 1/2 years, I can tell you it is by far the best security job you will ever find in this state. Can't beat the pay (start out at 14.50/hr) or benefits. Can't go into much detail about that but when you top out your making a nice chunk of change. Its also proprietary so you would be a Boeing employee not contract. Worth looking into if you meet the requirements. We are currently hiring. PM me if you want more info.
          May I ask, what's the duty like when they have one of their strikes?
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
            May I ask, what's the duty like when they have one of their strikes?

during a strike, believe it or not you work more hours. Boeing doesn't shut down strike or not so in addition to working normal posts theres a lot more patrol time.

other advantages to Boeing Security:

Boeing is one of the few security agencies that gets to run red lights and sirens (Harborview does as well)

Job security

Security clearences (good if you want to work for feds someday)

Good pay and beniefits, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone. I've sent in applications and resumes to some of my top choices a week ago - haven't gotten a call back yet, but hopefully that will change.

Question though: For patrol positions, it seems that most agencies will be taking a look at my driving abstract. I have a single speeding ticket from almost exactly 3 years ago (61 in a 60 - that's not a typo). Will this disqualify me from most patrol positions?

Comment

Not generally.

Comment

Originally posted by Just_Some_Guy View Post
                  haven't gotten a call back yet, but hopefully that will change.
                  Don't get too worried. When I applied at Boeing, it took them a long time to get back to me, but they eventually did.

Originally posted by Just_Some_Guy
                  Will this disqualify me from most patrol positions?
                  No.

As a side note, your driving record that a potential employer will receive from the Department of Licensing will not show "61 in a 60," only "Speeding" and the date, the court it was handled in, and the case number.

Comment

Don't forget, in this day and age, companies are pulling more than just driving records. They may pull your FICO score, as well as contact a company like Choicepoint or UNICRU to pull a workup. This includes your consumer "credit report," and in most cases, a score of below 560 will disqualify you for employment for "failing to take financial responsibility."
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X