Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help, need job pronto in montreal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • help, need job pronto in montreal

    is it possible to find a permanent security job in montreal area with no experience and minimum knowledge of french?

    i've wanted a job in the field for a while, but i only speak basic level french and all the ads indicate that you must have a perfect knowledge of french.

    i am improving, but still not fluent. i was hoping to find a night shift so that i wont have to communicate with the public as much.

    and i found a couple of private security agent schools. is a diploma a must to work in quebec? i can't afford a 1500+ tuition fee.

    any help would be appreciated, thnx.

  • #2
    Originally posted by newbie_mtl
    is it possible to find a permanent security job in montreal area with no experience and minimum knowledge of french?

    i've wanted a job in the field for a while, but i only speak basic level french and all the ads indicate that you must have a perfect knowledge of french.

    i am improving, but still not fluent. i was hoping to find a night shift so that i wont have to communicate with the public as much.

    and i found a couple of private security agent schools. is a diploma a must to work in quebec? i can't afford a 1500+ tuition fee.

    any help would be appreciated, thnx.
    Who exactly thinks that they're going to get anyone to pay $1500 dollars CAD to work a minimum wage job?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

    "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

    Comment


    • #3
      Newbie mtl

      I'm desperate for a part time employee for my 3 hotels (1 downtown & 2 in St. Laurent) BUT being hotels there is a lot of contact with the public. Unfortunately since we deal with people in emergencies we have to understand what they are saying. Most of the hotel staff are French speaking & any Quebec guest expects/demands to be dealt with in French. So unfortunately until your French improves I could not offer you a job. How bad is it? Send me a private message with your CV.

      Bill 88 was passed late last year. It is not in force yet. This means that so far you do not need to take one of those expensive courses. You will need to take some type of a course in the near future.

      Nathan,

      The government decree covering contract security people in Quebec grants a minimum of $12.50/hour for security guard jobs. I believe the minimum wage is around $9.00/hour. In-house is not covered by the decree. We start at a lot less but pay over $12.50 after a year.

      Neil
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

      Comment


      • #4
        Still, Neil. That's $12.50 CAD. A bit steep of an entrance exam to get into security if you have to have one of those "schools."
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

        "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Still, Neil. That's $12.50 CAD. A bit steep of an entrance exam to get into security if you have to have one of those "schools."
          Nathan you should see the type of people these schools graduate! They come with these fancy diplomas saying they are trained in firefighting, first aid, use of baton etc but they can barely tie their shoes laces! At least one of these schools run security agencies so they can't lie about 90% placement when you finish their course. What they don't tell you is that they will have you out in time to place the next graduating class. We hired some during a lock-out a few years ago. What a mistake!
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HotelSecurity
            Nathan you should see the type of people these schools graduate! They come with these fancy diplomas saying they are trained in firefighting, first aid, use of baton etc but they can barely tie their shoes laces! At least one of these schools run security agencies so they can't lie about 90% placement when you finish their course. What they don't tell you is that they will have you out in time to place the next graduating class. We hired some during a lock-out a few years ago. What a mistake!
            Ah, 1500 for the equivelant of a Florida D school. Makes sense.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

            "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

            Comment

            Leaderboard

            Collapse
            Working...
            X