Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hrdickinson
    replied
    It may be meaningless, but I am suspect of someone who posts in promotion of something and doesn't even give his location in his profile.

Leave a comment:

• Apolo
    replied
    sherlock holmes has returned, lol

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by SD Security
    What city and state are you located in? Are you currently employed?
    Using my GREAT powers of investigation do you think it is possible that bluecardholderillinois might be from Illinois ?

Leave a comment:

• SD Security
    replied
    Originally posted by bluecardholderillinois
    okay i signed up with your site for security jobs.
    i havelike tried everything to get a job in security
    since 2003.so its been almost 3 years.
    I applied every time i saw openings at a security
    company.I just do not know why i can not get
    job.before it was like walk in apply and they would send you to work before you could get your clothes changed.now its just not even an invite or interview.

What city and state are you located in? Are you currently employed?

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by histfan71
    Your poor grammar, spelling, and punctuation might have something to do with it.
    You beat me to it. That's what I was going to answer

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Having seen some of the letters from companies in the Greater Chicagoland area, I'm afraid that the HR directors usually don't have better spelling or grammar. Seriously.
    Perhaps. Still, inserting the word "like" in every other sentence can drive any HR person crazy.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by histfan71
    Your poor grammar, spelling, and punctuation might have something to do with it.
    Having seen some of the letters from companies in the Greater Chicagoland area, I'm afraid that the HR directors usually don't have better spelling or grammar. Seriously.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by bluecardholderillinois
    job.before it was like walk in apply and they would send you to work before you could get your clothes changed.now its just not even an invite or interview.

Leave a comment:

• bluecardholderillinois
    replied
    former security office

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by SD Security
    I have been in contact with employers in that area. So far none of them have posted. Hopefully soon!
    I'll look forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• SD Security
    replied
    The site has been coming along very well. We have hundreds of security job seekers logged in and searching the site for employment. I encourage everyone to check it out especially if you are looking for security work or a way to advertise your business or job openings. We have free banners and links available, just contact me. Thanks again for all of your feedback!

Leave a comment:

• SD Security
    replied
    I have been in contact with employers in that area. So far none of them have posted. Hopefully soon!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Good Idea

I hope that you will post some security positions in the Connecticut area. It would be nice to see some in-house security jobs.

Leave a comment:

• SD Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    The biggest thing you can do to inspire confidence is put a real point of contact page, listing who has control of the resumes. People are weird, they put everything from SSNs to phone numbers to home addresses on their resume.

As far as spelling mistakes... I'm sure people can send you instances where words are misspelled. My company does copywriting for twenty-five cents per word, one hundred word minimum per page.

Since your sticking around, and don't appear to be a one post spammer, welcome aboard. I would suggest doing a bit of research into how other states license their employees, especially since your advertising services. Unless your business has advertising injury on their policy, any "false advertising" or "injury resulting from false or negligent advertising" claims will be out of pocket.

Claiming that other states have similiar programs to BSIS is bad mojo. The only thing you need to be a security person in Wisconsin is 95 dollars and no security related convictions. They don't care about non-security related convictions. And state law says you can't either. Its discrimination.
    No, I am not a spammer. I am a real Security Director. This is just a side business I have started with another Security Operations Manager to hopefully help the industry. He is doing most of the web design but I am trying to learn as well. That is why I appreciate all the help and advice we can get. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    The biggest thing you can do to inspire confidence is put a real point of contact page, listing who has control of the resumes. People are weird, they put everything from SSNs to phone numbers to home addresses on their resume.

As far as spelling mistakes... I'm sure people can send you instances where words are misspelled. My company does copywriting for twenty-five cents per word, one hundred word minimum per page.

Since your sticking around, and don't appear to be a one post spammer, welcome aboard. I would suggest doing a bit of research into how other states license their employees, especially since your advertising services. Unless your business has advertising injury on their policy, any "false advertising" or "injury resulting from false or negligent advertising" claims will be out of pocket.

Claiming that other states have similiar programs to BSIS is bad mojo. The only thing you need to be a security person in Wisconsin is 95 dollars and no security related convictions. They don't care about non-security related convictions. And state law says you can't either. Its discrimination.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X