Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED A GOOD JOB w/ benifates

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED
    Last edited by 1UNDER1; 08-29-2006, 06:08 PM.
    MIKee
    1UNDER1

My company owns an hotel in The Meadowlands but I believe they only have someone overnight & it wouldn't have benefits. Sorry.
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
      My company owns an hotel in The Meadowlands but I believe they only have someone overnight & it wouldn't have benefits. Sorry.
      Thanks alot though, do you know the pay rate? I have done dignitary protection at hotels also
      MIKee
      1UNDER1

Comment

I'll ask but I don't think it will be great. Unionized Security in Montreal make $12.50/hour plus 30 cents if they are part of a fire brigade & another 30 cents if they do first aid. This means that people working in my hotels should be making over $13.00/hour if they were unionized. They're not but they do make just over this amount AFTER one year. For the first year it's below $12.00. For one of the hotels at the airport we only pay $10.00/hour
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

There is no privatized corrections in NY. Why does it have to be private? The NYCDOC and NYSDOCS are both outstanding organizations, you'll be making over 40K your first year without overtime with NYSDOCS. Plus the benefits are great and there's a 25-year retirement.

Also, you told me before in another thread that you were a cop for 4 years before going on on disability. Were you a cop somewhere else, because NYC Special Patrolmen aren't police officers. You should just try to get on with NYPD. They're hiring in record numbers right now, all you need is to be in shape and have a 2-year degree - no big deal.

I'd be down there working right now if I could afford to live on their starting salary. You can't even live on that up here!

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
            I'll ask but I don't think it will be great. Unionized Security in Montreal make $12.50/hour plus 30 cents if they are part of a fire brigade & another 30 cents if they do first aid. This means that people working in my hotels should be making over $13.00/hour if they were unionized. They're not but they do make just over this amount AFTER one year. For the first year it's below $12.00. For one of the hotels at the airport we only pay $10.00/hour
            $13CDN = $11.60USD (as of today). Not too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
              There is no privatized corrections in NY. Why does it have to be private? The NYCDOC and NYSDOCS are both outstanding organizations, you'll be making over 40K your first year without overtime with NYSDOCS. Plus the benefits are great and there's a 25-year retirement.

Also, you told me before in another thread that you were a cop for 4 years before going on on disability. Were you a cop somewhere else, because NYC Special Patrolmen aren't police officers. You should just try to get on with NYPD. They're hiring in record numbers right now, all you need is to be in shape and have a 2-year degree - no big deal.

I'd be down there working right now if I could afford to live on their starting salary. You can't even live on that up here!
              I'm surprised they even require that.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole

I was a NYC Special, not NYPD, but its through the Police Dept, and I have no colleage, about to be 36, keep kickin my self in the azz for that one.
                MIKee
                1UNDER1

Comment

Originally posted by 1UNDER1
                  I was a NYC Special, not NYPD, but its through the Police Dept, and I have no colleage, about to be 36, keep kickin my self in the azz for that one.
                  Never to late....but admittedly harder when you have a family to support, think about maybe checking out online courses.

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
                    Never to late....but admittedly harder when you have a family to support, think about maybe checking out online courses.
                    Too late here in NYC they have an age cap, but hopefully Ill find something or go back to workin 2 40 hour jobs Thank you though
                    MIKee
                    1UNDER1

Comment

Too late here in NYC they have an age cap, but hopefully Ill find something or go back to workin 2 40 hour jobs Thank you though
                      oh I meant college! lol

Comment

Jidem Security guards recruitment

We're hiring people. of course only in the UK though. filly SIA regisyered people only please...
                        jidem security guards, making a difference[br]
                        [br]fully sia licenced officers[br]
                        jidem security, making a difference

Comment

College is not an automatic ticket to a good job. There are many graduates who are saddled with 4 years of debt and a job that can be handled with a HS diploma supplemented by some community college courses. In many cases, LE doesn't require an undergraduate degree to be an officer. Moving up to Sergeant or Lieutenant may, but you can cross that bridge if and when you need to. The department may even pay for your tuition.
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I'm telling you, test for NYSDOCS. They don't have an age cap that I know about.

It really would be a great job for someone in your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                              College is not an automatic ticket to a good job. There are many graduates who are saddled with 4 years of debt and a job that can be handled with a HS diploma supplemented by some community college courses. In many cases, LE doesn't require an undergraduate degree to be an officer. Moving up to Sergeant or Lieutenant may, but you can cross that bridge if and when you need to. The department may even pay for your tuition.
                              Right, but what are you going to do when you want to get on a department that requires a degree to be hired? You can explain until you're blue in the face that it's not necessary, but your gripe will fall on deaf ears.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X