Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Honestly, if they're paying, and you're prepared to do work for a check that may take months to come, you could still do them. Just have a plan to collect if they don't pay.

Leave a comment:

• iraqvetwpb
    replied
    Just to assure everyone, I did not pay them any money. However for the assignments, just like with any employer yes I did have to provide my information. I also had to fill out all the tax forms which has my information on them also. These are the same forms that I am required to have people fill out when I hire them.

Like I said, didn't have any problem getting paid last time, but since I did find some complaints, it better to be safe than sorry so I didn not do the assignment on the 22nd. Besides it was too dam cold to go out that night.

My Florida blood can't take this -temp.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Secret spuk View Post
    Gentlemen

I know Iraqvetwpb from another security forum. I know him to be a 100% squair shooter, and good guy. He's always impressed me as being a consumate professional who strives to improve his business. I personally know that he's more interested associating himself with well trained, and highly experienced people.

Just a note. And an opinion.

Spuk.
    He would be the victim here, not the actor.

Leave a comment:

• Secret spuk
    replied
    Gentlemen

I know Iraqvetwpb from another security forum. I know him to be a 100% squair shooter, and good guy. He's always impressed me as being a consumate professional who strives to improve his business. I personally know that he's more interested associating himself with well trained, and highly experienced people.

Just a note. And an opinion.

Spuk.

Leave a comment:

• FireControlman
    replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    WTF??!! So I was going to register for the free forums on the (you-know-what) website just to take a peek around. Good for a laugh anyway, right?

...right up until they REQUIRED me to provide my DRIVER'S LICENSE NUMBER, INCLUDING EXPIRATION, DATE OF BIRTH and a bunch of other personal crap!!

I think not! I'd just as soon hand over my wallet to some coyote hanging around on the streets of Tijuana.

So, now I have to wonder - can there possibly be 50,000 people in the world who are dumb enough to go along with this? Really? I wasn't even applying for membership, but I can tell you that I'm a member of a number of professional organizations and not one of them has this private information, or ever asked for it, for good reason: No organization (of this sort) in its right mind would want the liability of collecting such information, which they would then have to guard with their lives - and there can't be any possible reason they need to have it anyway.

It's official: These people are totally friggin insane.
    I believe they go to great lengths to keep the money coming in. Researching the business, er uh, I mean "union" is pretty interesting. I'd rather keep their non-sense off public forums.
    Last edited by FireControlman; 01-25-2011, 05:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    WTF??!! So I was going to register for the free forums on the (you-know-what) website just to take a peek around. Good for a laugh anyway, right?

...right up until they REQUIRED me to provide my DRIVER'S LICENSE NUMBER, INCLUDING EXPIRATION, DATE OF BIRTH and a bunch of other personal crap!!

I think not! I'd just as soon hand over my wallet to some coyote hanging around on the streets of Tijuana.

So, now I have to wonder - can there possibly be 50,000 people in the world who are dumb enough to go along with this? Really? I wasn't even applying for membership, but I can tell you that I'm a member of a number of professional organizations and not one of them has this private information, or ever asked for it, for good reason: No organization (of this sort) in its right mind would want the liability of collecting such information, which they would then have to guard with their lives - and there can't be any possible reason they need to have it anyway.

It's official: These people are totally friggin insane.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    This is one of the things i deal with, Social Media Reputation Management.

Check your company name and IPIU and the full name in two weeks on the major search engines. If they're still there, you'll need to generate a lot of new content to displace the old.

Start a blog where you mention your company name, your name, and PI stuff. A lot. Lots of USEFUL information.

Start a twitter stream about your PI efforts.

Start a youtube channel or something as well.

Get that crap off the front page.

Leave a comment:

• FireControlman
    replied
    We'll handle this through PMs.

I've learned quite a bit here; how much have I paid so far? Is that kosher? I really dig this place and truly believe it is a hidden gem.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    I hope you didn't pay them any money.

Leave a comment:

• iraqvetwpb
    replied
    Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
    I recommend that you dissociate yourself immediately from this organization, remove all references to them from your website and be more careful in the future to check out anything of this sort. Presumably, you have a reputation you care about. I will not even mention them in this post because Google would index it under my forum handle (something the forum owner should put a stop to, IMHO) and I don't even want that loose connection to them.

And as a "heads-up", there's a lot of funky stuff in the "PI world", including some really bizarre "organizations" (again, not associating myself with any names), sleazy so-called "training courses" (many of which can be identified by the fact that they exaggerate the opportunities and/or the "excitement" of being a PI - one of the most boring jobs in the world many times - show PI's in glamorous locations, talk a lot about "making arrests" and they usually feature large official-looking badges prominently in their literature/websites). They prey upon the poor souls in society who are often mentally marginal, vulnerable, gullible, lack other skills for employment, and think that "The Maltese Falcon" was a historical drama. So tread carefully! Here's your chance to see if you have the makings of a detective.
    Thank you for the advice. Myself I went through Penn Foster for my training and I am getting my ACT 235 through PA. I had heard some good things about IPIU and went with what I had heard. I should have checked them out but didn't. Thank you for those who did. I've decided not to go through the the assignment they had scheduled for the 22nd.

As far as licensing in Colorado, that I did confirm that though the state does not require one, however many county and city governments do.
    Last edited by iraqvetwpb; 01-16-2011, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    I recommend that you dissociate yourself immediately from this organization, remove all references to them from your website and be more careful in the future to check out anything of this sort. Presumably, you have a reputation you care about. I will not even mention them in this post because Google would index it under my forum handle (something the forum owner should put a stop to, IMHO) and I don't even want that loose connection to them.

And as a "heads-up", there's a lot of funky stuff in the "PI world", including some really bizarre "organizations" (again, not associating myself with any names), sleazy so-called "training courses" (many of which can be identified by the fact that they exaggerate the opportunities and/or the "excitement" of being a PI - one of the most boring jobs in the world many times - show PI's in glamorous locations, talk a lot about "making arrests" and they usually feature large official-looking badges prominently in their literature/websites). They prey upon the poor souls in society who are often mentally marginal, vulnerable, gullible, lack other skills for employment, and think that "The Maltese Falcon" was a historical drama. So tread carefully! Here's your chance to see if you have the makings of a detective.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-16-2011, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by iraqvetwpb View Post
    Your are correct, the state of Colorado doesn't require a license, However many of the cities and counties do require a license. These are issued by the city or county you are in.

The License I am attaining isn't a state license, but a license issued by the (IPIU) Division of the International Private Investigator Union. They are based in Colorado and for those who do not have any training they do offer a training program. They also offer assignments nationwide. For many of these assignments you do not need a license.

FTS is licensed and based in Florida. However I am from PA and have returned for a short time while my operations manager is in Florida running things for me there. Currently I am working on my ACT 235 here in PA and I am going after my Private Investigator license for PA. We already have a client based in Colorado that we provide security for for events between there and Florida. We have been asked to look into opening an office in Colorado by the client.

If my site is a little confusing, I am sorry. I do the web myself and fix it when it is pointed out something needs to be more clear. I'm a security guy, not a computer tech. If you would like any more information or information on the IPIU, please send me an e-mail to my business account at [email protected]

I would be happy to answere any questions you may have.

Thank you

James Canning
    President
    Federated Tactical Security, LLC
    I hope you have checked out "IPIU" closely. When I saw this post, I remembered that name from the past. Here are a few links that reference "IPIU".

http://www.ripoffreport.com/private-...te-i-5xex9.htm

http://www.myfaircredit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3118

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/infogu...t/message/6171

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

I suggest the "license" you are waiting for from "IPIU" is not a valid license to conduct PI work.

Leave a comment:

• iraqvetwpb
    replied
    Originally posted by FireControlman View Post
    Interesting, FTS, on its wesite states the following:

Pending Projects in Colorado;
    FTS is currently being certified in Colorado as a Private Investigation Agency. Once this certification is complete, FTS will offer private investigation services to this area.

However, the state of Colorado website states there are no state PI licensing requirements:

http://www.colorado.gov/oed/industry...IndDetail.html

Something doesn't jive. Just sayin'
    Your are correct, the state of Colorado doesn't require a license, However many of the cities and counties do require a license. These are issued by the city or county you are in.

The License I am attaining isn't a state license, but a license issued by the (IPIU) Division of the International Private Investigator Union. They are based in Colorado and for those who do not have any training they do offer a training program. They also offer assignments nationwide. For many of these assignments you do not need a license.

FTS is licensed and based in Florida. However I am from PA and have returned for a short time while my operations manager is in Florida running things for me there. Currently I am working on my ACT 235 here in PA and I am going after my Private Investigator license for PA. We already have a client based in Colorado that we provide security for for events between there and Florida. We have been asked to look into opening an office in Colorado by the client.

If my site is a little confusing, I am sorry. I do the web myself and fix it when it is pointed out something needs to be more clear. I'm a security guy, not a computer tech. If you would like any more information or information on the IPIU, please send me an e-mail to my business account at [email protected]

I would be happy to answere any questions you may have.

Thank you

James Canning
    President
    Federated Tactical Security, LLC
    Last edited by iraqvetwpb; 01-15-2011, 10:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FireControlman
    replied
    Interesting, FTS, on its wesite states the following:

Pending Projects in Colorado;
    FTS is currently being certified in Colorado as a Private Investigation Agency. Once this certification is complete, FTS will offer private investigation services to this area.

However, the state of Colorado website states there are no state PI licensing requirements:

http://www.colorado.gov/oed/industry...IndDetail.html

Something doesn't jive. Just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• iraqvetwpb
    replied
    Up Date:

Possible deployment of first selection of security personnel within 45 days.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X