Security Officer Magazine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Officer Magazine.

Six years ago I was working at this one mall, so anyway this is the picture of myself I came across not to long ago. I did this a while back when I was bored.

Finally a magazine for the security professional that answers those pressing questions we need to know!

I'd like to contribute an article on how to appear like your watching the CCTV monitors while actually sleeping.

I think we should also approach that officer from the "skateboard kid verse security officer" video and see if he'll write an article on takedown techniques that don't always work real well.

Comment

handcuff tricks ......

shadow pupets...

how to do a detex round with out every leaving your chair..

wheelchair ramps not just for the elderly...

how to make the boss think your working while playing lazer tag...

im sure we can make a few "comedy mags" if you wanted... but yeah he he
      When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

Need to address one of the most pressing issues: How to defeat the intrusion detection system to get access to the employee cafeteria that they "promised" you would have access to all night. The one behind the ultrasonics, the door alarms, and the audio pickups.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I recognize that ID badge on your epaulet.... And I feel SO, SO sorry for you... Same warm-body company I worked for at a mall out here a few years back.... Were you guys under the "R" name or the "S" name?
          Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
          Originally posted by ValleyOne
          BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
          Shoulda called in sick.
          Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgegate
            I recognize that ID badge on your epaulet.... And I feel SO, SO sorry for you... Same warm-body company I worked for at a mall out here a few years back.... Were you guys under the "R" name or the "S" name?
            Yah, it was STT. They had the contract for less then a year when I worked there. The mall management hired retired cop and he made the security dep in-house, it worked out pretty good for them.
            Here's a photo of me in 4 years ago 110 degree weather.....Bike security at that mall, good old times.

Comment

Does this magazine have an official website? If so can someone post the link...thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                Need to address one of the most pressing issues: How to defeat the intrusion detection system to get access to the employee cafeteria that they "promised" you would have access to all night. The one behind the ultrasonics, the door alarms, and the audio pickups.

I'm ahead of you already...... 8 years ago I was working for Burns security in Northern California, anyway they send me to a tile factory to guard the property because ALL the employees took two week vacation at once (holiday most likely)...... Burns told me that I can only go inside (I had the key) the office & break area when need to use the restroom and NO other time, they knew when and how long the officer would go inside, the security company would get a printout from Brinks or so. I quickly realized that there are motion sensors inside, so I took all the sticky pads and placed over all the motion sensors and removed them at the end of shift before my relief arrived. They had no idea how much times I spent inside watching TV, making all the coffee and other stuff, he he.
                BTW, a week later they send me to that site again but this time I got stuck there for 30 hours, they could not find a relief officer.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveSeven
                  I'm ahead of you already...... 8 years ago I was working for Burns security in Northern California, anyway they send me to a tile factory to guard the property because ALL the employees took two week vacation at once (holiday most likely)...... Burns told me that I can only go inside (I had the key) the office & break area when need to use the restroom and NO other time, they knew when and how long the officer would go inside, the security company would get a printout from Brinks or so. I quickly realized that there are motion sensors inside, so I took all the sticky pads and placed over all the motion sensors and removed them at the end of shift before my relief arrived. They had no idea how much times I spent inside watching TV, making all the coffee and other stuff, he he.
                  BTW, a week later they send me to that site again but this time I got stuck there for 30 hours, they could not find a relief officer.
                  Those were the good old days. Most, but not all, UMS now have anti-hooding devices and head-end gear no longer returns to 0-binary after a fault interruption.
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill

Comment

Originally posted by FiveSeven
                    Yah, it was STT. They had the contract for less then a year when I worked there. The mall management hired retired cop and he made the security dep in-house, it worked out pretty good for them.
                    Here's a photo of me in 4 years ago 110 degree weather.....Bike security at that mall, good old times.
                    Sounds familiar... They actually held our mall for a few years, but lost it about 2 months after I quit my position as the site director... The DM thought that if they had one site director who was as young as me, and was successful, why couldn't someone else my age do it? Well... He was wrong...

I see you had a bike, and were carrying OC though... When I first started there we were ONLY issued/allowed cuffs... I had to petition to the mall management and the DM to get OC, (Hence my instructor certification now), and eventually talked management into a bike... We WERE using a golf cart... With a constant-blink yellow strobe on the roof, no less...
                    This mall wasn't as smart in the end though... They just hired another WBC to take STT's place...
                    Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                    Originally posted by ValleyOne
                    BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                    Shoulda called in sick.
                    Be safe!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X