coast to coast am with George Noory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coast to coast am with George Noory

Just curious as to how many other security oficers listen to this show. It runs from 1:00 am to 5:00 am., and a lot of truckers and security officers call in. I was introduced to it by a fellow officer.

I haven't listened since I came up here. I have to use an internet station, and I forget.

Most important question: When is Art on?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

It's a little too "out there" for me. Yeah, a lot of truckers and S/Os call in, but I would say more than 50% of them are absolutely nuts.

I listen to the Phil Hendrie Show from 2200-0100 and I record 2 other radio shows during the day that I listen to at night on my iPod.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        Someone told me that George is on during the week and Art is on during the weekend.

Comment

I listen to the show. I work mids from 11:30 PM-8 AM. Mostly I listen to it for comic relief. Like a previous poster said, 50% of the people on that show are certifiable.

Comment

I can't stand Phil Hendrie. Not Phil. Its the people who call in and don't realize that Phil is a comedy program and a voice actor.

George is OK, but Art is a Master Showman. It doesn't matter the topic, he's good. Also, indeed, comic relief.

There's an almost brotherhood of folks who listen to Coast. I've sat there in a cruiser, the truckers distrustful of why I'm sitting in the fueling bay (Petrol Depot), the windows up and listening to Art. When I'd get out to walk around a little (Our patrol area was about 10 yards. ), we'd all find out we were listening to Coast and it'd break the ice. Can't be that bad if he's listening to Art, now can he?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
              It's a little too "out there" for me. Yeah, a lot of truckers and S/Os call in, but I would say more than 50% of them are absolutely nuts.

I listen to the Phil Hendrie Show from 2200-0100 and I record 2 other radio shows during the day that I listen to at night on my iPod.
              I been listening to Art for years and now George also.

AND, I resent the 50% comment Jerko. Now, me and the tall rabbit are off to basket weaving. We're working on certification, you know.

Comment

George is one of the best sources of insane but true antiterror news.

Comment

Originally posted by mh892
                  I been listening to Art for years and now George also.

AND, I resent the 50% comment Jerko. Now, me and the tall rabbit are off to basket weaving. We're working on certification, you know.

(It irritates me that you can't just post a smilie, so I had to add this little blurb ).

Comment

I can't stand Phil Hendrie. Not Phil. Its the people who call in and don't realize that Phil is a comedy program and a voice actor.
                    ...but that's the best part! I think everyone's been duped by him at least once. It took me about an hour the first time I heard it to get what was going on. It's a shame he's going off the air...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                      ...but that's the best part! I think everyone's been duped by him at least once. It took me about an hour the first time I heard it to get what was going on. It's a shame he's going off the air...
                      It takes a few minutes, till you realize that the guy only has about six or seven voices he does. The moment for realization for me was when he had a caller debate his guest with another caller, and the only other person on the radio was the poor fool calling in to protect the guest.

Its not Phil that's the problem for me, after awhile I just can't take the crazy old ladies who call and just ramble on about how they want to kill the guest.

Comment

Oh my Lord, I was wondering when somebody would start a thread about this show. Lol.
                        According to what I heard on the show, Art moved to the Philippines. His wife passed away and after a couple of months in mourning he met a young (very young) lady from the Philippines, married her, and moved there. Clear Channel is supposedly going to let him do his weekend show from his new home there. The federal permits in the Philippines are supposed to be done and the equipment is installed, but now he has to apply for a work permit. Once that is done he is supposed to be back on the air.
                        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Ah. I read about the whole marriage thing (Internet dating works for me!) on his Wikipedia entry, but it noted that he was good to go. I'm glad someone actually knows what the hold up is, but of course, I won't quote you on that...

Had to go to sleep. Missed Dan Akyroyd talking about UFOs. I also miss the days when Premier Radio Networks didn't have that horrible streamlink service and you could listen to last night's show for free, but I also understand what the cost of bandwidth is.

Comment

I listen to Coast to Coast AM partly because it helps to keep me alert at

night, and partly because sometimes there are actually interesting shows on.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                            - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
                            — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

Art, George, and Ian....

I don't think you can actually call yourself a security guard / officer without ever having listened to C2C am....
                              Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X