No announcement yet.

busy night last night/this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. I think this is the difference between proprietary and contract security. You can also look like a hotel employee. When we open a door, its like the police opening a door.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
      We've had to pay for a flight for someone who missed his flight because he did not receive/answer his wakeup call. It cost the hotel money. Our business is loss prevention so.... it became part of our duties.

There was a case 3 or 4 years ago where a famous golfer missed the tee-off time because he did not receive the call or wakeup. The hotel was blamed.
      The rich SOBs can't afford an alarm clock? Maybe it's because I don't travel much or the fact that when I do travel I stay in crappy little 1 star motels but I never set a wake up call.
      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
        We've had to pay for a flight for someone who missed his flight because he did not receive/answer his wakeup call.
        No you didn't, you chose to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
          The rich SOBs can't afford an alarm clock? Maybe it's because I don't travel much or the fact that when I do travel I stay in crappy little 1 star motels but I never set a wake up call.
          Come to think of it, I've never stayed in a hotel room without an alarm clock...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
            No you didn't, you chose to do so.
            It was cheaper than hiring a lawyer when he sued us & even more important in the hotel business, loosing his companies business. (Hotels live by repeat business)
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I had one guy yell at me when I worked security at the hotel in New Orleans when I missed his wakeup call. The hotel had no way to track wakeup calls, nit even a sheet, so I created a excel sheet for them, then I taught the desk clerk how to use the desk alarm clock once I found out where they had it hidden.

I don't know why he expected first class service from a hotel that didn't have enough staff and was half demolished after Katrina.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X