busy night last night/this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• busy night last night/this morning

so as i was walking back to work (spilt shift) there was about 15 ppl yelling and etc, running into the streets jumping on cars etc. so one of my fellow officers asked them to leave they refused, i thought i saw one of them pull a wepon on a car (grey van) - i then notified the capt. on duty, and we then notified pd. pd broke it up- and well today after talking with the leasing office, they are going to evict such said resident as resident has had prior problems ----

Fun paperwork # 1

so shortly after that incident i had some fliers that i needed to go out to all 224 units in the complex i get about 100 of em out and then as i approach one of the buildings i heard music, outside, i entered it was extremely loud, sounded like the guy had 10 subwoofers on. im not kidding you felt like you were at a concert the walls were shaking and etc, so after pounding on the guys door a few times, his neighbor comes out and said this had been going on for over 1.5 hours ( thus around midnight, when the first incident happened) as it was now 200 am - so after trying again to get the guy to come to the door he would not answer, i then notified the captian again, he stated to try again, and if no answer notify pd, so we notified pd after trying again they sent two officers, who knock REALLY HARD with flashlights :P, they could not get a answer so officer #1 goes outside and throws the buildings main power supply - dark and scary now.. they knock really hard again cant get the guy to come to the door, even after stating "police, come to the door and open slowly" - well the guy didnt, so #1 decided to go outside again to turn power back on, but as he did this he climbed on something and was able to peer into the windows of the guys apt on the second floor, dont ask me how as there was no ladder near by, he told officer #2, the guy is passed out on the floor, they both laughed and stated they dont know HOW that guy could be passed out, with all the noise as EVERYONE else in the building was literally up due to the noise level. well the officers left...

paper work #2

he he he.. that was just at the property i was at

then there was a problem at one of our other properties at about 2000 hrs...

so yes it was busy for us! must have been a blue moon.
    Last edited by IB107; 06-03-2006, 08:12 AM.
    When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

All the action was at the hotel next door to mine last night! I was on patrol when I was called by the Doorman reporting that there were about 7 police cars parked in front of the hotel.

I rushed to the front (stopping by my office to get my scanner ). The police vans are from the Intervention unit. They are putting on their heavy duty bullet proof vest & take the battering ram with them as the enter the hotel. The ambulance crew trained to work with SWAT followed shortly by the fire department's high level rescue squad arrive. They set up the air mattress outside the hotel.

About a 1/2 hour later they walk out a suspect who apparently had been barricaded in a room & had threatened to jump when the police arrived. Glade he chose the hotel next door & not mine!
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by IB107
      they could not get a answer so officer XXX
      he told officer XXX
      Don't use names on here. Everyone knows what city you work in; if I were a cop there I'd be pretty pissed about you discussing police activity I was involved in online.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
        Don't use names on here. Everyone knows what city you work in; if I were a cop there I'd be pretty pissed about you discussing police activity I was involved in online.
        edited my oops.... i didnt think about it at the time i wrote it...

Comment

so as i was walking back to work (spilt shift) there was about 15 ppl yelling and etc, running into the streets jumping on cars etc. so one of my fellow officers asked them to leave they refused, i thought i saw one of them pull a wepon on a car (grey van) - i then notified the capt. on duty, and we then notified pd. pd broke it up- and well today after talking with the leasing office, they are going to evict such said resident as resident has had prior problems ----

Fun paperwork # 1

so shortly after that incident i had some fliers that i needed to go out to all 224 units in the complex i get about 100 of em out and then as i approach one of the buildings i heard music, outside, i entered it was extremely loud, sounded like the guy had 10 subwoofers on. im not kidding you felt like you were at a concert the walls were shaking and etc, so after pounding on the guys door a few times, his neighbor comes out and said this had been going on for over 1.5 hours ( thus around midnight, when the first incident happened) as it was now 200 am - so after trying again to get the guy to come to the door he would not answer, i then notified the captian again, he stated to try again, and if no answer notify pd, so we notified pd after trying again they sent two officers, who knock REALLY HARD with flashlights :P, they could not get a answer so officer #1 goes outside and throws the buildings main power supply - dark and scary now.. they knock really hard again cant get the guy to come to the door, even after stating "police, come to the door and open slowly" - well the guy didnt, so #1 decided to go outside again to turn power back on, but as he did this he climbed on something and was able to peer into the windows of the guys apt on the second floor, dont ask me how as there was no ladder near by, he told officer #2, the guy is passed out on the floor, they both laughed and stated they dont know HOW that guy could be passed out, with all the noise as EVERYONE else in the building was literally up due to the noise level. well the officers left...

paper work #2

he he he.. that was just at the property i was at

then there was a problem at one of our other properties at about 2000 hrs...

so yes it was busy for us! must have been a blue moon.
          At the last company I worked for, that describes an average Friday night.
          Question though, about the guy who was passed out. Wouldn't those circumstances dictate getting a key to do a welfare check on the guy? He could have been deceased from an o.d. or something.
          "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
            At the last company I worked for, that describes an average Friday night.
            Question though, about the guy who was passed out. Wouldn't those circumstances dictate getting a key to do a welfare check on the guy? He could have been deceased from an o.d. or something.
            true but the pd had other things to worry about that night, had 30 officers out looking for a missing child :P, so they had to run

Comment

true but the pd had other things to worry about that night, had 30 officers out looking for a missing child :P, so they had to run
              When I worked apartments we usually had a group that consisted of at least one person from security, the complex manager, maintenance, and other personnel while entering with a key for a health and welfare check. The police were only called if we found the person deceased.
              "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                When I worked apartments we usually had a group that consisted of at least one person from security, the complex manager, maintenance, and other personnel while entering with a key for a health and welfare check. The police were only called if we found the person deceased.
                we didnt have that option :P, the guy had changed his owen lock :P which was sorta against lease policies

Comment

we didnt have that option :P, the guy had changed his owen lock :P which was sorta against lease policies
                  Sounds like he has something to hide.

Comment

The property management company that contracted my former employer did not trust security to have a key. This is because it was "section 8" housing, and the Tampa Police Department used the "agent of owner" to grant consent to search units without renter's knowledge. Basically, they would make the untrained guard give them the keys for whatever units they wanted to look into. "You do this or you're obstructing," etc.

The management company's solution to this was that no security guard would have access to the keys, ever. We've had people become unresponsive, etc. If we called the police, they would say, "Without a key, we can't do anymore than you can." At one point, due to the residents becoming concerned, I called the fire department. They made dynamic entry to find that the tenant had moved out in the middle of the night and not told anyone.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Part of our job in hotel security is to enter every room where the guest does not respond to his wakeup call to make sure they have not passed out, or worse! You'd be surprised how heavy sleepers some people are!

Comment

Wow. We were never authorized to enter a guest's room, it was considered an invasion of privacy at best or burglary at worst. If they did not wake up from their wakeup call... They were rung again and that was it. It was not a security issue.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

The owners of the property where I work don't trust us with keys either. The other night I had two domestic disputes, an open door in a vacant building, a wild party, and 6 juveniles causing problems all at the same time.

And while I called twice for the local PD to respond, they did not show for nearly an hour, and then wanted only to deal with the least of the problems (the open door) as they had not been dispatched for the other problems. The party noise problem, called in at appox. 11:30 p.m. along with all the other problems, wasn't answered until 5:30 a.m.

I also had my car stoned the next night, never saw who did it. Thank god there was no serious damage.

This ain't dodge city, and I ain't Bill Hickock.

Comment

The only time I ever entered a guests room as a night auditor was with police to expell 6 kids who thought our no party policy was flexible. It wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                              Wow. We were never authorized to enter a guest's room, it was considered an invasion of privacy at best or burglary at worst. If they did not wake up from their wakeup call... They were rung again and that was it. It was not a security issue.
                              We've had to pay for a flight for someone who missed his flight because he did not receive/answer his wakeup call. It cost the hotel money. Our business is loss prevention so.... it became part of our duties.

There was a case 3 or 4 years ago where a famous golfer missed the tee-off time because he did not receive the call or wakeup. The hotel was blamed.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X