• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop pop
    replied
    Originally posted by SafeCampus View Post
    1980-1992 US Marines MSGT Military Police
    1993-2007 Regional Security Director for hotel chain
    2008-Present Chief of Campus Police/Security for small southern college.

Hopes of retiring in 2020!!
    Chief SC, thank you for you're service Master Sergeant.

Leave a comment:

• Pop pop
    replied
    This past week has been an amazing, I had an offer from a non for profit company with the DOD in the Defense Analyes business, a "Top" secret clearance and a two trip down to Maryland for poloygraph test required. The money, benefits, and vacation time is off the hook and they mean business, big business. Another company from CT reached to me for my services and we meet for breakfast tomorrow at 1000 hours. I have schedule interview on Wednesday the 21st at 1400 hours with a company who just opened next door to the State police not two miles from my driveway who are straight shooters, they are looking for Experienced Professionals in the Executive Protection, Asset Protection, High Risk Protection. Should be fun, I'll keep you guys posted.

I always keep my options open, lol.

Leave a comment:

• graywolf_14
    replied
    Two companies one of them twice

The first company I worked for I did random sites from gas stations, shutdown amusement parks ( first day scary as hell) construction sites. Owner was in charge of sheriff reserve replaced me without notice after I was in a wreck. Second job I mainly did vehicle patrols, money pick up (unarmed) metal recycling, apartment complexes. went to work at a prison than decided to join army so went back to second company for six months until ship off. Unfortunately I had gotten a speeding ticket so I got put on a gas station and mini mall and a toyota dealership.

Leave a comment:

• SafeCampus
    replied
    Memory Lane

1980-1992 US Marines MSGT Military Police
    1993-2007 Regional Security Director for hotel chain
    2008-Present Chief of Campus Police/Security for small southern college.

Hopes of retiring in 2020!!

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    replied
    So far 6.5 years with this being my first guard job. More than likely unless something changes or peaks my interests this will be my last.

Leave a comment:

• SecureTN
    replied
    I have worked 8 different security companies, + state prison, in the past 7 1/2 years.

Leave a comment:

• sec-guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackhole View Post
    I read some people's posts on here and they seem to have a never-ending supply of stories about different jobs they've had in the security industry. That brings me to wonder how many jobs you guys have had?
    I have worked for 4 different companies in 5 years; the last company for 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• combatcoastie
    replied
    I began working mall security- and then transferred to a different mall - same property owners and same security company, so in my opinion it was the same job

I then worked briefly for an armored car company

Then as a patrol sergeant for a private security contractor, which was bought by another company

I worked in LP for one company

I took an elevated LP position with another company

I then took an LP management position with yet another company

... and then an ORC investigations position with yet another company

While working briefly in law enforcement I worked part time as an armed contract guard for some section 8 housing projects and after getting shot at three nights in a row for 10 bucks an hour, I quit for a part time job in hospital security

I'm now full time at a different hospital

So, I guess my count is 10. Just remember, some of these were at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Trunk Monkey
    replied
    I've worked with the same company for about 5 years. in that time I was a flex and assigned to 2 sites as a guard now I'm at the site I've been at for about 3 years as the site supervisor.

In the last 3 weeks I've had client employees on site for part of 3 days the rest of the time it's just me and the rabbits.

Leave a comment:

• FrankW438
    replied
    88-89 Warm body (Hey, we all gotta start somewhere, right?)
    89-96 Alarm Company
    96-99 Nuclear Power plant (Contract)
    99-00 Campus Security (Same Contractor)
    00-Present Government Contract - working for third contract company at same location.

Six employers in 24 years.

Leave a comment:

• Here4th$
    replied
    Just two

13 years county law enforcement and nine years contract security. Security pays way better than law enforcement and no one has tried to terminate my existence for almost ten years now.
    Last edited by Here4th$; 04-03-2012, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jaeger
    replied
    So far I've only had one contract of employment for a security company for one and a half years.

This particular company does have its' ups and downs, but certain things are handled fairly well enough for me not to switch company in an industry which is already overburdened with high turnover rates. Also, the unwritten rule seems to be that all of the companies are the same essentially, but the differences rise up when you look at the different sites and contracts. Some are nice to work at, and some are not so.

If I don't get a better job in the future in an industry that I feel more suited to working in, then I might consider switching to this city-owned security company. They use a different, much better collective labor agreement compared to the ones that the companies usually fall under.

To tell you the truth, after almost two years in this business I've understood that chances of ever moving up inside the company starting from grassroots level is extremely hard because of the ever-existing "glass ceiling"-system.

I'm not ready to waste years and years of minimum wage work for something so uncertain. Even trying to make it as a site supervisor is hard enough on its' on, but trying to move to a civilian-position office job.. Impossible!

Leave a comment:

• YANG
    replied
    This is my first and only security company. Been here almost 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• jeff mcmaster
    replied
    Vanguard Security in Sacramento 1983-89
    Securitas 2003-4
    Per Mar 2006-2009
    Securitas 2011-present
    Worked at Pelican Bay State Prison from 1989-2002 as a Correctional Peace Officer

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    In my early days after graduating I was a "jumper." I was spoiled doing security at a college with a police department where the guards and dispatchers were treated as part of the team, and I just assumed security was a cool career. After 4 warm body companies (two of which went out of business) I got the clue.

Did the armored car routine for a short time, but the company I worked for was dysfunctional - had to watch your back constantly.

Finally went in-house, and am coming up on a decade. Has its ups and downs, but at least I've got the routine down, and I like the 98% of the law abiding residents I protect...

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X