X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    I forgot a few.

Montreal continued to operate a exposition for a few years after the International Exposition (Expo 67). I was 12 years old & a Boy Scout. Part of our duties was crowd control. I have to admit, I got bit by the "power trip" bug

As a member of a Civil Defense group we did crowd control during parades.

And while in college taking Police Tech I worked as a student Campus Patroller.

Leave a comment:

• ycaso77
    replied
    74-82 AF active duty ( air guard until 2004), 82-84 naval yard security, 84-04 aLE with part time 20 year defense contractor security thrown in, 2 retirements in 04 and now University security. There does seem to be alot of job shopping going on. But most folks seem to have gotten used to eating and having a roof over thier heads. Our industry isn't well known for great pay and benefits, I did a few stints for Pinkerton and a few other small companies but those didn't last long at all.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Dear gosh. How do we make any progress when it seems most of us are changing companies every year or so?

Leave a comment:

• aphilpot
    replied
    One company for 7 years. Just ready to celebrate 5 years at the same hospital and prior to that I worked every kind of concert, fair, exhibition you can imagine. Our company started out as an Event Services company and evolved into Security.
    Last edited by aphilpot; 06-03-2006, 09:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• SgtUSMC8541
    replied
    1993 - 94 (warm body) 1 company
    1994 - 95 (warm body) 2 companies
    1994 - 95 (In house - very good) 1 company
    1994 - 95 Warm body Field Sup - Crap company
    1995 - 96 (site sup - bit better than warm body) 1 company
    1996 - 2006 Opps Manager, Training Manager to Branch Manager (with a two year break for the OEF and OIF) 6 companies. Accounts range from high end to warm body.

So.................... 12 companies in 13 years. Now I worked for one company 3 times. First as a guard (93 – 94)– then a site sup and promoted to Opps Manager (95 – 96) then again as the training manager (98 – 99)

I must be terrible at my job or just damn good!
    Last edited by SgtUSMC8541; 06-03-2006, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by mh892
    1967 to present= One.
    One company since 1967. Wow!

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    About 9 months with the company I'm with now posted at a chemical plant.
    Went back to work at the Fire Department for about 8 months then quit.
    Called up my old supervisor from the chemical plant and got rehired with the same security company but this time assigned to a Steel Mill. Been there now for about 15 months.
    So a little over 2 years, with a break of a few months.
    Before that I was a Firefighter. Going back even further I worked as a Correctional Officer for the State.

Leave a comment:

• mh892
    replied
    1967 to present= One.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Three warm body guard companies from 1996-1998.
    Two malls as mall security from 1998-2002.
    Three patrol companies from 2002-present.

Leave a comment:

• ozsecuritychic
    replied
    i have worked for 3 security companies since october last year,where im from you take what you can get.i am lucky to have a full time security job and i do part time work for the others when i choose to work extra shifts.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I worked for 1 company for a year (Warm Body, 18-19), then another company for another year (Gave New Meaning to the term Warm Body, 19-20), then worked for a third company for 5 years, worked for something else (Walmart) for a year, then worked for the third company again. Then I moved.

Leave a comment:

• Defensive tactics
    replied
    if you count loss prevention

if you count loss prevention as seperate from security officer then i have had two, security officer and loss prevention, as well as security for various community dances (basic stuff).

stay safe
    Ben

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    replied
    worked for 1 company over 1.5 years, another for 3 months, and now my new one , i worked in parking services for the university of utah (which you act alot like security some times) for 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    started a topic How many security jobs have you had?

How many security jobs have you had?

I read some people's posts on here and they seem to have a never-ending supply of stories about different jobs they've had in the security industry. That brings me to wonder how many jobs you guys have had?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X