How many security jobs have you had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many security jobs have you had?

I read some people's posts on here and they seem to have a never-ending supply of stories about different jobs they've had in the security industry. That brings me to wonder how many jobs you guys have had?

worked for 1 company over 1.5 years, another for 3 months, and now my new one , i worked in parking services for the university of utah (which you act alot like security some times) for 3 years.
    When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

if you count loss prevention

if you count loss prevention as seperate from security officer then i have had two, security officer and loss prevention, as well as security for various community dances (basic stuff).

stay safe
      Ben

Comment

I worked for 1 company for a year (Warm Body, 18-19), then another company for another year (Gave New Meaning to the term Warm Body, 19-20), then worked for a third company for 5 years, worked for something else (Walmart) for a year, then worked for the third company again. Then I moved.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

i have worked for 3 security companies since october last year,where im from you take what you can get.i am lucky to have a full time security job and i do part time work for the others when i choose to work extra shifts.

Comment

Three warm body guard companies from 1996-1998.
            Two malls as mall security from 1998-2002.
            Three patrol companies from 2002-present.
            "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

1967 to present= One.

Comment

About 9 months with the company I'm with now posted at a chemical plant.
                Went back to work at the Fire Department for about 8 months then quit.
                Called up my old supervisor from the chemical plant and got rehired with the same security company but this time assigned to a Steel Mill. Been there now for about 15 months.
                So a little over 2 years, with a break of a few months.
                Before that I was a Firefighter. Going back even further I worked as a Correctional Officer for the State.
                Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by mh892
                  1967 to present= One.
                  One company since 1967. Wow!
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

1993 - 94 (warm body) 1 company
                    1994 - 95 (warm body) 2 companies
                    1994 - 95 (In house - very good) 1 company
                    1994 - 95 Warm body Field Sup - Crap company
                    1995 - 96 (site sup - bit better than warm body) 1 company
                    1996 - 2006 Opps Manager, Training Manager to Branch Manager (with a two year break for the OEF and OIF) 6 companies. Accounts range from high end to warm body.

So.................... 12 companies in 13 years. Now I worked for one company 3 times. First as a guard (93 – 94)– then a site sup and promoted to Opps Manager (95 – 96) then again as the training manager (98 – 99)

I must be terrible at my job or just damn good!
                    Last edited by SgtUSMC8541; 06-03-2006, 08:00 PM.
                    www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

One company for 7 years. Just ready to celebrate 5 years at the same hospital and prior to that I worked every kind of concert, fair, exhibition you can imagine. Our company started out as an Event Services company and evolved into Security.
                      Last edited by aphilpot; 06-03-2006, 09:08 PM. Reason: spelling
                      ========================================
                      Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out! - Unknown

Comment

Dear gosh. How do we make any progress when it seems most of us are changing companies every year or so?
                        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

74-82 AF active duty ( air guard until 2004), 82-84 naval yard security, 84-04 aLE with part time 20 year defense contractor security thrown in, 2 retirements in 04 and now University security. There does seem to be alot of job shopping going on. But most folks seem to have gotten used to eating and having a roof over thier heads. Our industry isn't well known for great pay and benefits, I did a few stints for Pinkerton and a few other small companies but those didn't last long at all.
                          Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

Comment

I forgot a few.

Montreal continued to operate a exposition for a few years after the International Exposition (Expo 67). I was 12 years old & a Boy Scout. Part of our duties was crowd control. I have to admit, I got bit by the "power trip" bug

As a member of a Civil Defense group we did crowd control during parades.

And while in college taking Police Tech I worked as a student Campus Patroller.
                            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I've been with Guardsmark since August 2000. The first three years at an insurance company, then I moved and was tranfered to my current account which is a large chemical plant. Along the way I've filled in at nine other sites when they where short offivcers (never turn down overtime.) I like what I do now but can't live off the pay so I'm hoping to be changing employers soon.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X