Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Florida's G Course teaches that Single Action shooting will get you in a heap of trouble. Every shot should be DA, for some reason.

I had a S&W Model 10 and some Taurus Model 64 knockoff.

Leave a comment:

• T202
    replied
    Originally posted by mh892
    At times a S&W Model 10 .38.
    I have a S&W Model 64, same as the Model 10 only stainless.
    Nothing like "old school". mh892 do you do all of your shooting double action?

Leave a comment:

• T202
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    If I was going to pay someone back for the weapon, I sure as hell wouldn't let them keep it. Guns that are purchased with agency funds become agency property.
    Exactly, same as a police dept, issue a gun when you're hired and take it away when you retire.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by IB107
    our boss is ex-leo, and has ran companies before, we are bonded, and a llc, with prepaid legal services too.

our boss has keep a "lic" to operate since 1996 there abouts.. when he got his first one. but "our" company is a merger of two old companies, when our boss went to go try a stint with a highway patrol dept, and didnt care for it too much, so he decided to operate a security company like he did after 11 yrs with the local pd we have here.
    Ok, that explains why. Its a "mature company" as far as the insurance carrier is concerned, and probably has the toys added on as riders. Trying to get a new policy with all that liability hanging around the company would probably get the agency kicked out of the pool.

Leave a comment:

• mh892
    replied
    At times a S&W Model 10 .38.

Leave a comment:

• mh892
    replied
    Baretta 92fs and 870 security shotgun.

Leave a comment:

• ACP01
    replied
    I carry an IMI Baby Eagle (Jerico) in .45ACP
    and a .25ACP (Hey it is very small and very concealable)

I am weighing going to the XD .45ACP

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Beretta 96fs .40 cal
    Occasionally I may carry a revolver instead, a Ruger GP100 .357 magnum

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    How long has that company been in operation, and do you know the name of the insurance carrier? For such a small company, I'm wondering how they got such crazy liability insurance.
    our boss is ex-leo, and has ran companies before, we are bonded, and a llc, with prepaid legal services too.

our boss has keep a "lic" to operate since 1996 there abouts.. when he got his first one. but "our" company is a merger of two old companies, when our boss went to go try a stint with a highway patrol dept, and didnt care for it too much, so he decided to operate a security company like he did after 11 yrs with the local pd we have here.

Leave a comment:

• oldfart
    replied
    I carry a FNP-40 40cal. 14 round clip

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    replied
    Originally posted by IB107
    *cough* i wish, we own all that we carry
    That's insane. If my employer didn't buy it for me, I don't need it. I think the last thing I bought was a pen for work.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    How long has that company been in operation, and do you know the name of the insurance carrier? For such a small company, I'm wondering how they got such crazy liability insurance.

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    replied
    Originally posted by CAR54
    I'm in the same boat, saving my pennies to buy a duty weapon. I'll probably get a 9mm though as most of the armed accounts my company has only uses that caliber or the 38. PLUS I don't want to have to requalify with 3 or four different caliber weapons each time as that gets expensive!.

I'm not sure on the brand yet, though I've always liked the sigs.
    well our companies insurance covers everything but .50 cal :P so we can carry anything we qual with he he

Leave a comment:

• CAR54
    replied
    I'm in the same boat, saving my pennies to buy a duty weapon. I'll probably get a 9mm though as most of the armed accounts my company has only uses that caliber or the 38. PLUS I don't want to have to requalify with 3 or four different caliber weapons each time as that gets expensive!.

I'm not sure on the brand yet, though I've always liked the sigs.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    If I was going to pay someone back for the weapon, I sure as hell wouldn't let them keep it. Guns that are purchased with agency funds become agency property.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X