Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    If I was going to pay someone back for the weapon, I sure as hell wouldn't let them keep it. Guns that are purchased with agency funds become agency property.
    Exactly, same as a police dept, issue a gun when you're hired and take it away when you retire.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by mh892
      At times a S&W Model 10 .38.
      I have a S&W Model 64, same as the Model 10 only stainless.
      Nothing like "old school". mh892 do you do all of your shooting double action?

      Comment


      • #18
        Florida's G Course teaches that Single Action shooting will get you in a heap of trouble. Every shot should be DA, for some reason.

        I had a S&W Model 10 and some Taurus Model 64 knockoff.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

        "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

        Comment


        • #19
          I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 but only when I'm off duty. On duty is an unarmed post.
          Hospital Security Officer

          Comment


          • #20
            Last time I was armed it was a .45 S & W 4506. The younger guys all had Glocks and Sigs in .40. They would laugh at my low capacity cluncker until I reminded them you can shoot all day but its the hits that count. Then I'd pull out my "back in my day" storybook and show them my Model 15 Combat Masterpiece with swivel holster and thumb strap, dump pouches, Sam Browne belt and wooden Tommy Knocker. Capstun? Never heard of it! My portable? Has a set of training wheels to carry it. Yup, equipments come a long way!
            Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by T202
              I have a S&W Model 64, same as the Model 10 only stainless.
              Nothing like "old school". mh892 do you do all of your shooting double action?
              Nope. I practice both ways. In the event I need to draw and fire I want to be 'ready'. Now, should I feel I have plenty time to draw, quietly cock the hammer and paint the target, I want perfect accuracy.

              Strange requirement when carrying the 9mm Berreta is, one in the chamber, safety "off" and gun in a class III retention holster. Not to my likeing, having the safety off, but I didn't make the rules.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by mh892
                Nope. I practice both ways. In the event I need to draw and fire I want to be 'ready'. Now, should I feel I have plenty time to draw, quietly cock the hammer and paint the target, I want perfect accuracy.

                Strange requirement when carrying the 9mm Berreta is, one in the chamber, safety "off" and gun in a class III retention holster. Not to my likeing, having the safety off, but I didn't make the rules.
                That is a strange requirement for the weapon. They might as well issue Sigs or HK's. Any reasoning they ever gave behind the safety off requirement? Time to swipe the safety or something?
                Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by ycaso77
                  Last time I was armed it was a .45 S & W 4506. The younger guys all had Glocks and Sigs in .40. They would laugh at my low capacity cluncker until I reminded them you can shoot all day but its the hits that count. Then I'd pull out my "back in my day" storybook and show them my Model 15 Combat Masterpiece with swivel holster and thumb strap, dump pouches, Sam Browne belt and wooden Tommy Knocker. Capstun? Never heard of it! My portable? Has a set of training wheels to carry it. Yup, equipments come a long way!
                  Ycaso77, one of the dumbest things I done was to have traded in my 15 for an "upgrade" to a 165-2. General Lemay knew what he was doing when he directed the change a very long time ago. Dumb, dumb, and dumber.
                  Enjoy the day,
                  Bill

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ycaso77
                    My portable? Has a set of training wheels to carry it. Yup, equipments come a long way!
                    I think I used it after you were finished with it . Back in the mid 70's when I was working as a student patroller with the Campus Security we used the real old CB walkie-talkies. No rubber ducky antennas then. We had telescopic metal ones. They were about 4 feet long when extended. You'd have to duck to get through a doorway!

                    Do you remember the 1st "portable" cell phones. Bigger than a brick! My boss had one. Before that I knew a news reported who had a "portable phone". It worked on the system they used to have in cars. (Did not work on a cell system). It was bigger than a shoe box!
                    Last edited by HotelSecurity; 06-04-2006, 01:17 PM.
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ycaso77
                      That is a strange requirement for the weapon. They might as well issue Sigs or HK's. Any reasoning they ever gave behind the safety off requirement? Time to swipe the safety or something?
                      (Didn't we just have a thread like this?)

                      When I carried, it was a Walther P99... One in the chamber at all times. Didn't have a safety, just a decocker. So in a manner of speaking, my safety was off as well. I won't go lower than a lvl 3 holster.
                      The instructors I've had over the years recommend safety-off carry, for the reason you mentioned. Not only because of the extra time to swipe the safety, but also the possibility of missing it completely in the heat of the moment. Better to be able to draw & shoot, rather than trying to articulate a safety in a split-second situation.
                      Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                      Originally posted by ValleyOne
                      BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                      Shoulda called in sick.
                      Be safe!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Springfield XD-40
                        And yes, we have to furnish all our own gear.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Bridgegate
                          (Didn't we just have a thread like this?)

                          When I carried, it was a Walther P99... One in the chamber at all times. Didn't have a safety, just a decocker. So in a manner of speaking, my safety was off as well. I won't go lower than a lvl 3 holster.
                          The instructors I've had over the years recommend safety-off carry, for the reason you mentioned. Not only because of the extra time to swipe the safety, but also the possibility of missing it completely in the heat of the moment. Better to be able to draw & shoot, rather than trying to articulate a safety in a split-second situation.
                          Bridgegate:
                          Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Walther get permission from Sig to use their firing pin lock?
                          Enjoy the day,
                          Bill

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                            Bridgegate:
                            Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Walther get permission from Sig to use their firing pin lock?
                            Enjoy the day,
                            Bill
                            I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. The P99 was a joint project between Walther & S&W.. (Hence the SW99 being a barrel-heavy, slightly uglier brother to the P99.. lol) So it's not like Walther does everything on their own. It's nice & easy to shoot though... Draw, fire, (repeat if necessary), then hit the Decocker button and reholster..

                            When I was first shopping for a sidearm, the guys at the local shop let me 'test-hold' just about everything they had to see which ones I liked.. I had talked to a bunch of other Officers, and the general concensus was that because the company didn't have a required brand/style of weapon, I should get the one that felt the most comfortable in my hand...
                            After about 45 minutes, I had ALMOST decided on a Sig, when the guy brought the P99 and SW99 down... The SW was too barrel heavy, but I fell instantly in... ehh... love(?) with the P99...

                            When I went in for my armed cert, the instructor threatened to steal it from me... Apparently he'd heard a lot of good things about it... I love shooting it, and haven't regretted the decision in the slightest..
                            Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                            Originally posted by ValleyOne
                            BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                            Shoulda called in sick.
                            Be safe!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bill Warnock
                              Ycaso77, one of the dumbest things I done was to have traded in my 15 for an "upgrade" to a 165-2. General Lemay knew what he was doing when he directed the change a very long time ago. Dumb, dumb, and dumber.
                              Enjoy the day,
                              Bill
                              No matter what anyone says about a wheelgun, the 15 was one of the most accurate weapons I ever carried. I still have one that I've shot for over 30 years, still works like a top. Of course the first semi I carried was a S & W 52 I believe, wasn't worth a damn.
                              Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Glock 22 with a Hogue grip sleeve.

                                Comment

                                Leaderboard

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X