No announcement yet.

guess who got promoted today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nathan is correct, we had a position open but our boss stated he wasnt gonna fill it till july, but ended up doing so early, since we just picked up 1 full time account and about 5 mobile patrol accounts, starting this month.
    When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by IB107
      nathan is correct, we had a position open but our boss stated he wasnt gonna fill it till july, but ended up doing so early, since we just picked up 1 full time account and about 5 mobile patrol accounts, starting this month.
      Ah I see. Well good for you. It sounds like you landed a good position that's not sheer burnout.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
        Why do these companies promote people so fast? There's people that have worked at my job for 10 years and have never been offered a promotion - there's just nothing available.
        Lots of times it is prior experience.

Way back when I first got out of the USN I went to work for Guardsmark working at the local airport. Started day 1 as SGT doing armed security.
        I had heavy background in the Navy in security, entry team, bodyguard/driver, very high security clearance, released from active duty as E5 (PO2 =SGT) Leading PO on SAM system.....etc

Anyway the guy that hired me figured I had what it took to run a shift.

Comment

Congrats on the promotion!

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Or, they were like my previous employer a long time ago and rank did not equal position. If you were armed, you were automatically promoted to E-3 and had appearant and real authority over any unarmed guard or unarmed site supervisor. All "real" supervisors were armed, and therefore were over all unarmed and armed personnel.

This frequently meant that an armed officer would come to an unarmed site and was now the de-facto "supervisor" on that shift, because their gun gave them an automatic promotion to E-3 rate. Everyone was required, unarmed or armed, to train under an E-4 rate for 3 months (But there was no FTO program, just "mentoring.")
            Sounds like something similar where I work. Unarmed officers are the lowest paid and Emergency Medical Technician certified SOs are higher paid and rank. So an armed officer may be on a drop for several months and a new EMT gets hired and comes to work with him, who do you think is the shift supervisor? The EMT according to our structure even though the other officer has senority. The site supervisor is the EMT with the most time in service.
            The trick to getting along is to respect each other no matter the position. When I first got to this assignement 15 months ago I was assigned to the night sift with an unarmed SO who had been at the plant through 3 different security contracts. He knew the job and what needed to be done. Though I was technically his shift supervisor he was the one who pretty much trained me. We worked TOGETHER, shareing duties and I never had to worry about pulling rank. Then there were duties that were usually separated into the things that Security did and things the EMTS did. Security handled most of the building inspections, unlocking doors, patroling etc. EMTs handeled the desk work, phones and of course medical calls.
            Lately we've had some personel changes and my SO partner moved to day shift and I got a new guy who I've had to train. I quickly realized how little I knew about the stuff my SO partner did. I had to take the new guy into an administration building and show him around to learn what needed to be check each night. Problem was, I had only been in the building once when I was first hired and had no clue what to look for. I was training him? I had to show him how to arm the alarm using the keypad. The same keypad that I had never messed with. The EMTs never mess with the alarm system. That was a Security duty that my partner had always taken care of and I never messed with since first being hired. Well, I'm proud to announce that I have learned the alarm system so we both know how to arm and disarm the alarm system now. Being the shift supervisor can be sooo cool.
            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by IB107
              Congratulations on the promotion!
              Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

Comment

Congrats Sarge!

Now your in the hot seat!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X