guess who got promoted today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guess who got promoted today!!

say hello to a new sgt, :P i even passed cpl rank from s.o. he he, people love me he he...

got a new badge and new rank eppulattes. and more money per hour he he....

oh and ya more responiblities too.. but its worth it
    When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Congratulations!... how long were you working for this company before you got promoted? I thought you just started working for this company, or maybe i'm wrong?
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Two rank jump? Good luck.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Congratulations! Now you can be blamed for everything! Seriously though, good job.

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
          Congratulations!... how long were you working for this company before you got promoted? I thought you just started working for this company, or maybe i'm wrong?
          1 month 1 week :P
          When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by IB107
            1 month 1 week :P
            How are you even off training, let alone getting promotions?

Comment

Originally posted by IB107
              oh and ya more responiblities too.. but its worth it
              Don't say that until you've held the position for a couple months..
              Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
              Originally posted by ValleyOne
              BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
              Shoulda called in sick.
              Be safe!

Comment

5 weeks and you are already a SGT?
                Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Good work. I was with Wackenhut for 7 months before I got a promotion to LT.
                  "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                  "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                    Good work. I was with Wackenhut for 7 months before I got a promotion to LT.
                    Why do these companies promote people so fast? There's people that have worked at my job for 10 years and have never been offered a promotion - there's just nothing available.

Comment

Sometimes new contracts open and they are in a rush to fill positions. Some people don't want promotions. I was with Wackenhut here for about 6 Months when offered my first Site Lead and just shy of a year when I took over this hospital. Now the main difference is that I had 2 years supervisor experience (at an international airport) before I moved here and started with Wackyhut. My Asst. has been here for over 2 years and turned the job down 3 times (says if I leave he'll turn it down a 4th time!)

Comment

Congrats! Sounds like you have made a strong impression in your short time at this position.
                        ========================================
                        Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out! - Unknown

Comment

Congratulations and good luck. Hope your "troops" don't make it frustrating for you.

When I started at the hospital as a contract officer I went from a flex officer, to an assistant shift lead, to shift lead, and then site lead for the contract in a month and a half. Didn't bother me since I had 13 years law enforcement and corrections experience, with plenty of prior supervisory time in those years, to fall back on. Since joining the in-house side I've gone from a level I to a level III officer in just under 18 months (level III is in operational control of a shift under the Shift Supervisor). Many of the in-house guys don't promote, even though they have enough experience, simply because they don't or won't meet the educational requirements (35 college credits for II and 50+ for III).

To me it's not necessarily how fast you promote. It's more in do you have the skills (or will you apply yourself to learning them) to effectively get the job done.
                          "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                            Why do these companies promote people so fast? There's people that have worked at my job for 10 years and have never been offered a promotion - there's just nothing available.
                            That really depends on what kind of working atmosphere the company has and the actual qualifications of the person being promoted.
                            I had my experience being promoted quickly at a large warm bodies type of company before. If her company is anything like mine was, they usually take those with a hard work ethic and a working knowledge of security as a whole which are two things most entry level guards with no training don't have, place them in charge, and work them as hard and inhumanely as possible. I've seen people promoted to Corporal or senior officer just because they have a grasp of certain practical skills or any real training at all. Some are promoted to Sgt. just because the other Sgt. quits or gets fired. I had the rank of Lt. after 7 months on the job since the inadept folks in the back office figured out I had administrative skills. This was never something I wanted, but I found myself the lead supervisor for six patrol officers and around 60 guards per shift. Since most of them had about the common sense of a knot on a log, the ordeals of training, retraining, and disciplinary action were unending. I would be so tired after a 12 hour shift I would have to park the car and sleep in it on the way home after blacking out at the wheel. I lasted a bit more than two years at this, which was longer than most supervisors they've had.
                            Then again her company may not be anything like the one I worked for.
                            "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                              That really depends on what kind of working atmosphere the company has and the actual qualifications of the person being promoted.
                              I had my experience being promoted quickly at a large warm bodies type of company before. If her company is anything like mine was, they usually take those with a hard work ethic and a working knowledge of security as a whole which are two things most entry level guards with no training don't have, place them in charge, and work them as hard and inhumanely as possible. I've seen people promoted to Corporal or senior officer just because they have a grasp of certain practical skills or any real training at all. Some are promoted to Sgt. just because the other Sgt. quits or gets fired. I had the rank of Lt. after 7 months on the job since the inadept folks in the back office figured out I had administrative skills. This was never something I wanted, but I found myself the lead supervisor for six patrol officers and around 60 guards per shift. Since most of them had about the common sense of a knot on a log, the ordeals of training, retraining, and disciplinary action were unending. I would be so tired after a 12 hour shift I would have to park the car and sleep in it on the way home after blacking out at the wheel. I lasted a bit more than two years at this, which was longer than most supervisors they've had.
                              Then again her company may not be anything like the one I worked for.
                              From what I remember, she works for a small agency that is extremely "proactive," and they most likely had a Sergeant spot open.

Or, they were like my previous employer a long time ago and rank did not equal position. If you were armed, you were automatically promoted to E-3 and had appearant and real authority over any unarmed guard or unarmed site supervisor. All "real" supervisors were armed, and therefore were over all unarmed and armed personnel.

This frequently meant that an armed officer would come to an unarmed site and was now the de-facto "supervisor" on that shift, because their gun gave them an automatic promotion to E-3 rate. Everyone was required, unarmed or armed, to train under an E-4 rate for 3 months (But there was no FTO program, just "mentoring.")

Eventually the owner found out about what the childrens were doing in the field and demoted everyone to E-1.
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X