Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't try and rob a former Marine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Don't try and rob a former Marine

    Dateline: Atlanta - 5/31/2006



    Wires

    A former Marine used a pocket knife to
    fend off a group of would-be robbers, killing one and
    wounding another, police said.

    Thomas Autry, who authorities said will not be
    charged, had been walking home from his job waiting
    tables Monday night when four people got out of a car
    and chased him, Atlanta police detective Danny
    Stephens said.

    One of the attackers had a shotgun and another had a
    pistol, Stephens said.

    The suspects caught up with Autry, who yelled for help
    and pulled a knife out of his backpack. He kicked the
    shotgun out of one of the attacker's hands and stabbed
    both a 17-year-old girl who jumped on him and a man
    who also attacked him.

    The suspects fled in their car but police found them
    later at a hospital where the girl was pronounced
    dead. The man stabbed in the incident was in critical
    condition, Stephens said.

    Autry's attackers will face robbery and aggravated
    assault charges and are suspected in other robberies
    over the past week, Stephen said.

    Stephens credited Autry's military training with
    helping him fend off the group.

    "I would say he had to do what he had to do to stop
    the threat," Stephens said. "You can tell his training
    kicked in and he knew what to do."

    Autry, 36, suffered a cut to his hand and a bruise on
    his chest, Stephens said.



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • #2
    What do they mean by "former" Marine? Once a Marine, always a Marine. The only "former" Marines are dead ones.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

    Comment


    • #3
      Instant justice. Too bad his talents are being under-utilized waiting tables.

      Considering we now have a generation of combat veterans returning to civilian life would be robbers should take note in selecting their "victims".
      Last edited by aka Bull; 05-31-2006, 01:22 PM.
      "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

      Comment


      • #4
        I think I heard of a fictional theme similar to this. There was an interesting line in it. "I'm only a cook. A lowly cook."
        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 1stWatch
          I think I heard of a fictional theme similar to this. There was an interesting line in it. "I'm only a cook. A lowly cook."
          That's good!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Locate, close with, and DESTROY the enemy. Bring it.
            www.oramsecurity.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Even better is the quote from DI Gunnery Sergeant Hollingshead, "What do you do if surrounded by the enemy?" "You fire in any direction and inflict casualties."
              That is the only thing these street punks understand, lethal unremitting attack. Leave as few standing as possible. Make them pay dearly for their stupid actions.
              If you use a firearm, fire a string of three rounds, two center mass and one to the head.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

              Comment


              • #8
                BTW the Georgia DA WILL NOT be charging the Marine with any criminal charges as he said "He did what he had to do and he did it well."
                http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

                The FUTURE is MSP...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by darrell
                  BTW the Georgia DA WILL NOT be charging the Marine with any criminal charges as he said "He did what he had to do and he did it well."
                  A pocket knife. Such an innocent little thing. I wonder if the Marine had used a chunk of wood, a bottle, a bigger knife (like a Tanto-style, or a so-called 'battle' knife), or even a gun (his or someone else's), would the DA be so forgiving? I doubt it.

                  For that matter, given the modern climate of being penalized for defending yourself, I'm amazed the Marine isn't being charged. After all, a person, punk or not, did get killed, and you know what the public is like whenever a person skilled in the combat arms kills someone.

                  Good for the Marine, I'm just amazed the public and the DA is doing things right for a change.


                  wjohnc
                  Rule #1: Go home at the end of the day in an upright position, with everything attached, and with peace of mind for having done the job well.
                  "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." - John Wayne (in his last movie 'The Shootist')

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wjohnc
                    A pocket knife. Such an innocent little thing. I wonder if the Marine had used a chunk of wood, a bottle, a bigger knife (like a Tanto-style, or a so-called 'battle' knife), or even a gun (his or someone else's), would the DA be so forgiving? I doubt it.

                    For that matter, given the modern climate of being penalized for defending yourself, I'm amazed the Marine isn't being charged. After all, a person, punk or not, did get killed, and you know what the public is like whenever a person skilled in the combat arms kills someone.

                    Good for the Marine, I'm just amazed the public and the DA is doing things right for a change.


                    wjohnc

                    I does seem that post 9-11 the legal system is taking a kinder look at self-defense.

                    A response to terrorism whether it is what you normally think of as Al Queda and such or to the just as deadly street gang is looked at as being justified and rightly so.

                    A gang approaching an individual is NOT there to offer nicities. They are therre to create havoc and mayhem and deserve what violence they get in return.

                    I say "Well Done Marine!"

                    One more thing better to call a Marine Former than Ex.

                    Comment

                    Leaderboard

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X