Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so.. after all the s/o vs skaters vids that i found. ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so.. after all the s/o vs skaters vids that i found. ....

i think im more likely to keep a "eye out" for them as all they seem to want to do is be rude and beligerent, i for one will never act as those s/os in the vids, but rather stay cool and collective, and inform them they cant skate here, try the park or somewhere else close by but not hear..
    When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Nah, that stuff just makes me want to join the bandwagon and ride a skateboard in uniform while out of the car. Mall security should ride skates too. It would make life more interesting.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
      Nah, that stuff just makes me want to join the bandwagon and ride a skateboard in uniform while out of the car. Mall security should ride skates too. It would make life more interesting.

some have segways
      When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by IB107
        some have segways
        Not to sound ignorant, but huh?
        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Most of the skaters we get around here (they like are Diagnostics center after hours) are pretty calm, we ask them to leave and they do....most of the time they see me coming and take off saving me the trouble!

Comment

The ones doing the videos are small time celebrities who want to get more street cred by hassling the security guards. If you'll notice, most of these are credited, have basic editing applied to them, etc.

They're hoping that through their "career" on YouTube they'll be the next Tony Hawk. Yes, I am so old that the only guy I can name anymore is Tony Hawk and Bam. If Bam even skates anymore.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

You're a whopping two months older than I am.
              See, that's why I want to be the security guard who shows up on skates to tell them to move. That would be something worth recording.

Comment

I know of 2 major universities in Michigan who have Police patroling on rollerblades in the summer.

I HATE SKATER PUNKS...................
                http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

Heh... Brings to mind the memories of one of my previous jobs... I used to patrol the parks in a small suburb of the Portland area... The town had actually gotten sick and tired of all the damages caused to park benches, rails, etc. by the skateboarders, so they passed a city ordinance making it a misdemeanor to skateboard within park limits.

There's nothin more fun than having one of the skateboarders say "Hey man, skateboarding's not a crime!", and being able to say, "Actually, in this town, in the parks it IS."

And what's better than that? When they refused to leave/comply, and I called the local PD out to assist. PD shows up, confiscates the boards, and gives them all citations for court...

I have nothing against skateboarders, just the ones who have problems with authority figures and like to try and "man-up" for their friends... But that's true of any group, not just skateboarders..
                  Last edited by Bridgegate; 05-31-2006, 02:10 PM.
                  Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                  Originally posted by ValleyOne
                  BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                  Shoulda called in sick.
                  Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                    Not to sound ignorant, but huh?
                    Segways are those 2 wheeled "vehicles" that you stand on & drive around. They're electric & can be used indoors & outdoors,
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

^ I remember seeing a picture of president Bush wiping out on one. He forgot to turn it on, and when he leaned foreward rather than the machine starting, the president fell like a tree.

Comment

Our hospital is built on a hill and has a number of ramps and long staircases on the property making it a skateboard/rollerblade mecca. Luckily, and after some zero tolerence enforcement and consistent pestering by our S/O's, the youths generally move on as soon as they see us walking toward them.

Then, of course, there is the drunk idiots on night shift who take wheelchairs from the ER and get wiggy whit it on the ramps....at least they are in the right place when they split their head open...and they do!
                        ========================================
                        Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out! - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by aphilpot
                          Then, of course, there is the drunk idiots on night shift who take wheelchairs from the ER and get wiggy whit it on the ramps....at least they are in the right place when they split their head open...and they do!
                          That sounds almost too fun!!

Comment

I would offer these suggestions to security managers/officers confronted with skate boarding and other trespass problems.
                            Were warning signs, of appropriate legal wording, posted on all entrances to the property? Were these warning signs journalized with the proper legal entity, city, county or state?
                            Does management understand the legal terms conoted by "permissive easement, estoppel by acquience and laches.
                            It would do well for management, legal and security to discuss these issues and take appropriate action as necessary.
                            If the owner doesn't take means to protect and monitor the safety and security of his property, the law may do no more.
                            Enjoy the day,
                            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                              Segways are those 2 wheeled "vehicles" that you stand on & drive around. They're electric & can be used indoors & outdoors,
                              Oh I see. Thanks.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X