Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a gang of skaters vs security officer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a gang of skaters vs security officer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKasv...ch=security%20

i think this guy was probally right, dont know what happened before he chased the first skater, but when the second officer comes out it looks like there was a whole slew of em
    When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Amusing, to say the least. The first guy needs to go visit SPE, like right now. He couldn't execute a simple sweep and takedown. What was he going to do if the kid got up again? You want to arrest the kid? Fine. "You're under arrest. Stop."

"F U, security guard."

Deploy OC.

"GET ON THE GROUND."
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Seems like a bit much to me. Nice takedown too.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Well... Overall this one wasn't TOO bad... Since we didn't see the beginning, we have to assume the S/O had reason to make an arrest... (Probably trespassing, but who knows)...

The first S/O definately needs training on takedowns, as none of his attempts worked and the kid finally just sat down of his own accord...

The second S/O picking the kid up like a duffel bag was hilarious... But probably not appropriate..
        Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
        Originally posted by ValleyOne
        BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
        Shoulda called in sick.
        Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgegate
          Well... Overall this one wasn't TOO bad... Since we didn't see the beginning, we have to assume the S/O had reason to make an arrest... (Probably trespassing, but who knows)...

The first S/O definately needs training on takedowns, as none of his attempts worked and the kid finally just sat down of his own accord...

The second S/O picking the kid up like a duffel bag was hilarious... But probably not appropriate..
          I'd call that an effective defuser of the situation. You notice nobody wanted to challenge him. Pick a target, decimate it, and boom... instant compliance from the crowd. Fear is a motivator.

Also, on "bit much," that's the reality of an arrest. Granted, it should of went smoother, but as you say, "Your under arrest, don't resist, buddy," and grab their wrist, you have to be prepared to execute a sweep or takedown in case they flee or counter-attack.

Arrests are not defensive. You are instigating, and you must win.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. Where did they find this guy?! I couldn't tell if he was trying to take him down, or give him a hug... If he got that excited over a couple of skater kids, then god be with him if someone starts shooting a gun within 3 blocks of him. He will likely wet himself. It isn't all that bad, if he can act I think he has a future on the show "Reno 911".
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

I'm trying to figure this out. It's possible that something happened off camera before the filming started, but why was it necessary to chase and takedown a non-combative unarmed subject?

Again, I know there may be more to this story than meets the eye. The officers just seemed a little too wound up over unarmed skateboarders who didn't appear to be physically violent.

Comment

As an unarmed, observe and report, type SO I find it interesting to see this armed officer "arresting" these skate punks. The most I'd be able to legally do is call 911 and beg for a police car to show up sometime in the next week.
                Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
                  As an unarmed, observe and report, type SO I find it interesting to see this armed officer "arresting" these skate punks. The most I'd be able to legally do is call 911 and beg for a police car to show up sometime in the next week.

you have "more" powers when your armed in some states :P
                  When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

Wow! Run Forrest Run! After the poor little skater that is, then deploy a liberal dosage of chop suey.
                    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

In a lot of states, you have full arrest powers if armed or unarmed, through a Private Arrest Act. Unless they outlawed Private Arrest, you have that power through common law, in most cases.

The thing is, you get to convince the responding police officer of the validity of a private arrest via obscure case law from Florida, Wisconsin, California, and other states.

It doesn't matter that you are a security guard, police officer, or baker. You have those "powers" at all times as a private person. This is how police arrest people outside of their jurisdiction.

Comment

What I would like to know is which state did this take place in and under what authority was the arrest made. In most states I've seen a person may only forcibly hold a person like that for a felony or for a certain breach of the peace. Trespassing is not a breach of the peace. Some states do give that authority to security though.
                        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

I've seen felony with PC, and public offense/breach of the peace. If you're good, you can turn a trespasser into a public disorderly, and then arrest on the breach of the peace (disorderly).

It depends on your evidence, skills in criminal law, and how far you want to push it.

Comment

The problem with that in my state is there is a defense to prosecution for profanity or abusive language if there was verbal provocation. What that boils down to in the county where I work is if I tell that person to leave and he doesn't like it, he can scream and cuss all he wants and I can't restrain him for it. Also, if there is an assault by simple contact on you by the subject you'd better be able to prove it through witnesses or video footage or no action will most likely be taken when the cops show up.

Comment

To use the power of arrest by a private person in Colorado all that has to be met is for a crime to have been, or is being, committed in my presence.

Tell them to leave property immediately. If they don't go arrest for criminal trespass.

Certainly though, based on what the video shows, the officer would have been in a stronger position to call in back up before attempting an arrest and monitored the group while waiting. If they departed while he waited - problem solved. If not, his backup may have let the first officer concentrate more in taking control of the kid he wanted to arrest.
                              "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X