Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you think this guard did anything wrong ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAR54
    replied
    At my site we have to deal with this from time to time. We simply identify ourselves as security for the site, which is pretty obvious, then tell them they are on private property and ask them to leave. If they give us ANY problem we call into command and ask them to send a sheriff's car down. Generally at that point the kids take off, and if not the Sheriff has a car there within 5 minutes.

It may not be the most macho approach but it's effective and keeps us out of trouble.

Leave a comment:

• 1UNDER1
    replied
    No he did everything right, I would have oc sprayed them lol

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdog
    Can canadian Security carry oc? The blue on black kid pushed the office i would have responded with oc.
    It can be carried to defend against 4 legged animals but can not be used against humans.

Leave a comment:

• bigdog
    replied
    Can canadian Security carry oc? The blue on black kid pushed the office i would have responded with oc.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    I'm glad I don't have to deal with this type of stuff at the plant.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Too much talking. The security guard should have just had the kid arrested for disorderly conduct or that Private Lands Act thingie and be done with it. The approach was rather rude too, like boredom-to-terror. This most likely escalated the incident.

Leave a comment:

• kingsman
    replied
    In my opinion, he did indeed handle it wrong. I have run across a similar situation, skateboarders using a mall sidewalk and tree planters for their run. I simply went out and sat down in the planter they were sliding on. when they asked me to move, I said no. I also explained that they were damaging the property. They moved on.

Leave a comment:

• darrell
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Know the funny part? Most states, in fact, I'd wager all states, allow agents of the owner to use force to remove a trespasser from the property.

I see a problem in lack of training here, and lack of tactics, but that's it.

Correction, its Toronto. Why this guy didn't just throw the kid down and arrest him under the Private Lands Act, I'll never know.

We can use force to remove a trespasser if necessary

Leave a comment:

• wvd1979
    replied
    Personally, I think skateboarders get a thrill from ticking off security personnel. I don't give them any ammunition to feed their egos. I just say "I'm sorry but you guys can't be skateboarding out here." If they give me grief, I radio for the desk officer to videotape them with the surveillance cameras and have the police remove them.

I see a common theme in these "skater vs. guard" videos. The guard gets physically aggressive without a due reason, cusses, and tries to preach/lecture to the punks. This is the type of behavior they thrive on because they love the reactions. It makes them feel cool and gives them something to brag about because they manipulated the guard. When you state the facts with no drama and avoid stooping to their level it takes the fun out of it.
    Last edited by wvd1979; 05-31-2006, 02:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    When I throw someone out of the hotel I go just to the sidewalk. I never leave the property line. I do not go to meet them to discuss anything. If they try to come back I physically stop them & if necessary arrest them for assault by a trespasser but it must ake place on my property.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Know the funny part? Most states, in fact, I'd wager all states, allow agents of the owner to use force to remove a trespasser from the property.

I see a problem in lack of training here, and lack of tactics, but that's it.

Correction, its Toronto. Why this guy didn't just throw the kid down and arrest him under the Private Lands Act, I'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Not exactly the best way to handle the situation... But at least he didn't start beating the crap out of the kids like in that OTHER video we all know... lol

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    started a topic you think this guard did anything wrong ?

you think this guard did anything wrong ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTmhM...ch=security%20

looks like he stepped into the path of the skater... but cant really tell... debate this vid :P

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X