Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mh892
    replied
    Sounds like another all nighter out on the Range in NW Florida. No. Wait. I'm armed to the teeth. Snakes and spiders beware.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Unarmed. In an area where everyone you will encounter has access to military firepower.
    Exactly... If you are above 40 inches, you are given an AK.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Im considering it... it all depends if this Reserve police commission Im going for works out or not.

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    replied
    Originally posted by ycaso77
    Last time I was in a place like that I had the proper anti-spider equipment. 1 M-16A2, 1 Beretta, 2 frags and a Remington 870 specially loaded for the spiders.......... god I hate spiders!
    same here unless i can take my glock 22 with me... no thanks im out

Leave a comment:

• ycaso77
    replied
    Last time I was in a place like that I had the proper anti-spider equipment. 1 M-16A2, 1 Beretta, 2 frags and a Remington 870 specially loaded for the spiders.......... god I hate spiders!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    I'd do it. Id be more concerned with the camel spiders, scorpions and cobras.
    Especially those camel spiders!!!! I don't want to work armed, but I'll make an exception for the spiders. 1 RPG please. (make that 50)

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    I'd do it. Id be more concerned with the camel spiders, scorpions and cobras.

Leave a comment:

• aphilpot
    replied
    All of a sudden, I have no complaints with my job!

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by davis002
    I looked at that site, and every open security officer position I found was unarmed... Sorry, but i'm not working anywhere in the sandbox unarmed. NO THANKS!
    Unarmed. In an area where everyone you will encounter has access to military firepower.

Leave a comment:

• aka Bull
    replied
    If I were ever called about a position like that all they'd hear on the phone is:

"Sorry the number you have dialed is permanetly disconnected to you."

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Yikes! My job is looking wonderful now.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    I looked at that site, and every open security officer position I found was unarmed... Sorry, but i'm not working anywhere in the sandbox unarmed. NO THANKS!

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    Actually sounds more like Afghan, I can remember those cold winter nights.....Besides I bet they pay more than what I got paid while I was there!!

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    replied
    sounds like a tour in iraq :P sign me up j/k ill stay state side

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest started a topic Sound like a fun job?

Sound like a fun job?

From kbr.com :

Security Officer:

o You will be working and living on a Military style camp.

o You will be confined to the base at all times.

o You will be living in tent city in an 8-10 man GP Medium tent. (like on the show MASH)

o You will be issued a sleeping bag and cot.

o Weather is EXTREME.During the summer time it can be as hot as 150 degrees and as low as 0 degrees and snow in the winter.

o It is a VERY dusty and dirty environment, so expect be dirty a majority of the time.

o Sand and dust storms are VERY common and you will get dust and sand in your eyes, mouth and nose. Expect to have a layer on your clothes, food and in your living quarters. There is no escaping the sand and dust!

o Showers are cold; when you do get a shower, and sometimes you might take a shower by the same water bottle that you drink from.

o You can expect to see a lot of mice, rats, snakes (cobras), scorpions, ticks, sand fleas, and camel spiders in the camp and living quarters.

o The camps or bases can be potentially dangerous. (example: random gun fire, rocket propelled grenades, mortar rounds and land mines)

o All positions are very hands on regardless of your position/title, and every employee must be able and prepared to do physical labor.

o You will be provided with 3 meals per day. This may consist of hot meals and MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat).

o Working schedule is 7 days a week, 8-12 hours per day (possibly more depending on position).

o If there is a Biological or Chemical attack and you are a casualty your body will be CREMATED and sent home.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X