No moving to different contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmyhat
    I can respect that you choose to work in the capacity that you do. It probably means you're more outstanding in that position based on the fact that you've given consideration to your needs, and seek out a post that facilitates those needs. I have no problem with that at all.

It's tough to work unarmed, more so than most people give credit for. Your senses and abilities have to be fine-tuned because your escape options are limited. Your wits alone might save your life, rather than a well placed shot-group! Not that unarmed security is any less important, just a little more limited.
    Thank you, Sir.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by hrdickinson
      ... If a client wants an officer out, management might conclude (and should know first hand) that there must be a reason and may not transfer the officer......
      Sometimes, it's just a personality conflict. The officer may be an outstanding worker and held in high esteem by his immediate supervisor. Nevertheless, if the client’s facility manager doesn’t like the officer, he/she is "outta there."
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

No Moving to different contracts

JimmyHat and N.A.,

Thanks for setting me straight, guys. Maybe I'm just a tad sensitive! Seriously, I believe that any change that legitimizes the role of the private security officer and forces their employer to treat them with the respect they deserve is a good thing. That level of respect varies from state to state. Here in Texas, legislators finally passed a bill last year that makes the penelty for assualing a private security officer the same as assualting a police officer. That's progress!

Please don't intrepret my posts as restatements of a past world. My mission is to help you fellows (and ladies) reach your potential (if I didn't care, I wouldn't be in this forum). I do that by hopefully helping my client companies see the errors of their ways!
        Richard Dickinson
        Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
        DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
        www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Originally posted by hrdickinson
          ...Here in Texas, legislators finally passed a bill last year that makes the penelty for assualing a private security officer the same as assualting a police officer...
          This measure was passed into law and they have another pending that makes the murder of an on-duty commissioned (armed) security officer a capitol felony. Are you aware of any other pending legislation in our favor? I'm currently at a loss to find anything new.
          "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X