Under the uniform shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under the uniform shirt

I haven't worn a tie in several months (don't like them, not required anyway), so my shirt is just kind of hanging open. Under it I wear high quality T-shirts ($15 each) that keep their shape and stay tight around the neck very well.

However, with summer coming I'm finding this to be a little warm, but I don't really have any other ideas. I am NOT wearing a tie unless ordered to, and having my chest hair popping out of the uniform isn't particularly professional looking.

I normally wear a light jacket over it all, similar to a windbreaker.

Anybody have any ideas?

wjohnc
    Rule #1: Go home at the end of the day in an upright position, with everything attached, and with peace of mind for having done the job well.
    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." - John Wayne (in his last movie 'The Shootist')

Over many years I have found the 100% cotton undershirt to be the only answer to under the shirt wear, year round. In cold weather it is a somewhat insulating layer. In summer it will hold persperation (sp?) quite well and keep that ugly, disgusting arm pit sweat off your outer shirt for the most part and hold down the gagging underarm odor.

Comment

I wear only underarmour under my uniforms..
      http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

Originally posted by darrell
        +1... Sure, spandex is a priviledge, not a right, but as long as it's UNDER the uniform nobody can complain... LOL
        During the wintertime, the underarmour tends to get a little too chilly for my tastes, so I go back to regular cotton Ts...
        Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
        Originally posted by ValleyOne
        BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
        Shoulda called in sick.
        Be safe!

Comment

Underarmour is great, walmart makes a cheap knock off that's actually pretty good too and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Underarmour also makes a cold weather line called cold gear or something like that, heard it was pretty good too

Comment

I always wear Carharrt brand t-shirts...Well made overall, available in navy or black, and the necks never sag. Plus, they don't fray when the vest rubs against them like others I've worn do.

Comment

I, um, wore... Well, I wore t-shirts. Anime t-shirts.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I just wear cheap white cotton tee-shirts. Though I need to cut the sleeves shorter on the tee-shirts as they can drop below the sleeves on my uniform which looks kind of tacky.

Comment

Originally posted by darrell
                  Same here... I have an assortment of under armour shirts that I wear. All of them are Navy. When temps or moderate, I wear under armour all season. When temps are cold, I wear under armour cold gear. When temps are hot, I wear under armour heat gear. When you wear body armor, the worst thing you can do is wear 100% cotton and get all sweaty. With the under armour, my vest virtually slides. It increases my range of motion and freedom of movement. Bottom line... nothing beats under armour. If any of you say 5.11 tactical muscle mapping undershirts are better, I will hunt you down!
                  "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
                    Same here... I have an assortment of under armour shirts that I wear. All of them are Navy. When temps or moderate, I wear under armour all season. When temps are cold, I wear under armour cold gear. When temps are hot, I wear under armour heat gear. When you wear body armor, the worst thing you can do is wear 100% cotton and get all sweaty. With the under armour, my vest virtually slides. It increases my range of motion and freedom of movement. Bottom line... nothing beats under armour. If any of you say 5.11 tactical muscle mapping undershirts are better, I will hunt you down!
                    What's with the 5.11 shirts, anyway?
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I wear a tie. I'm used to it, it doesn't feel uncomfortable, and it complements my uniform. It wasn't too many years ago that police officers were required to wear a tie w/ their uniform. Some troopers still wear them. Once we entered the so-called anything goes era, ties and sometimes, professionalism, went out the window.
                      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

One disadvantage of wearing a 2 piece suit instead of a uniform is that there are many areas of the hotel (stairways, mechanical rooms etc) that are not air conditioned. We have to wear the jacekts at all times. Anyone who has ever visited Montreal in the summer knows how humid it gets. Some hotel allow their security staff to wear golf shirts in the summer. We don't.
                        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                          One disadvantage of wearing a 2 piece suit instead of a uniform is that there are many areas of the hotel (stairways, mechanical rooms etc) that are not air conditioned. We have to wear the jacekts at all times. Anyone who has ever visited Montreal in the summer knows how humid it gets. Some hotel allow their security staff to wear golf shirts in the summer. We don't.
                          I hate wearing suits for security. Unless you happen to be on a secret service or bodyguard detail, it makes no sense. We used to have to wear blazers and slacks. After I had been with the company for a while and established a rapport with my supervisor, I spoke to him about the many advantages to wearing a traditional security officer uniform.

He enthusiastically agreed with me and we deep-sixed the blazers a few months ago. Improved morale is just one of the many benefits that we have experienced.
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I had a bad experience with a uniform that again I posted somewhere else. Basically there were 2 of us working together. Me in a uniform we were trying out. Grey pants, white uniform shirt, name tag, security patches on the shoulder, exposed handcuffs, radio & flashlight. I was the supervisor working with a much younger Officer who was wearing our regular attire. Grey pants, navy blue blazer with SECURITE on the name tag. In dealing with guests everyone thought HE was the supervisor & I was the guard. We went back to the grey pants & blazer until the hotel decided to pay for suits.

And actually it is only pretty recently that hotels have even wanted us to have name tags saying SECURITE (SECURITY in French). When I started in this business hotel security, still called the House Detective, worked plainclothed. As security envolved to become more prevention oriented instead of reacting to things after they happened, security came out of the closet so to speak!
                            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                              What's with the 5.11 shirts, anyway?
                              In another thread, I brought up the quality issue of 5.11 gear. Everything I ever bought from 5.11 fell apart in less than a year.
                              "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X